Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546640 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #390
Good fightback in the first session. It's running away from us now though with Ali scoring freely.

Our bowlers just can't bowl tight lines. Missing Rhino in these situations.

Reply #391
Pity we can't bat.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #392
Clarke is cooked.

Got the jitters against blokes around 130ks.

screw him off before the series is lost.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #393
The dropped catch (although everybody drops the odd one) underlines to me that his confidence is totally shot or his head ain't in the right space.  Personally I don't think his captaincy has been anything special either, particularly his field placings.

I was a real Voges fan but he has been shown up as being a bit flaky, for what of a better term.  His fielding ain't impressive either.  If only we had a decent young bat - none of the other middle order contenders (S. Marsh or Watson) are screaming out for inclusion.  M. Marsh needs to start scoring some runs as well.

Nevill has a problem down leg side that he needs to work on, but gees we get ourselves out to some crap... half the wickets looked to be bad shots against angled wide stuff. 

I suspect that one of the bowlers will be given a rest - probably Hazelwood - as they look a little tired and they need to try something a little different.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #394
Clarke is cooked.

Got the jitters against blokes around 130ks.

screw him off before the series is lost.
I'm afraid he is past it. If he were not Captain he would already have been replaced. It is a pity, but these injuries have really taken a lot from him in recent times. That sounds like some other people I am know....

I guess there are some spots available, if we have the guys who are ready to take them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #395
The Broad/Moeen partnership was the one that stuffed us up....got carried away with bowling short to Broad and over bounced him instead of bowling short of a length at the body. We have treated Moeen like a tailender and bowled rubbish at him....only Lyon worked out you have to treat him like a genuine batsman and bowl an off stump line.

Cummins in and either Starc or Hazlewood out.....S. Marsh in and Voges out.....Nevill will probably keep his spot because of his batting but I think Haddin is the better keeper..

Reply #396
Interesting interview with Johnson where he said he decided to try swinging the ball after he got Ballance and Stokes out to throat balls. He should've kept doing what was working.

Reply #397
Is being a Carlton/Australian cricket fan pretty much the craptiest thing in world sport at the moment?

Reply #398
Is being a Carlton/Australian cricket fan pretty much the crapiest thing in world sport at the moment?

At the moment I feel the same as you do. 6 for 31 ? Seriously ?  ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #399
Writing is on the wall for more than a few of these blokes, and its gonna get worse... the kiwis are going to flog us in the next series.

Reply #400
9/50.....Broad 7 for...had to put the TV off...its depressing... :(.......watched a lot of cricket but cant remember getting bowled out in one session....
Ball that got Nevill was a gem....seemed to swing away then straighten back and bowled him..

Reply #401
9/50.....Broad 7 for...had to put the TV off...its depressing... :(.......watched a lot or cricket but cant remember getting bowled out in one session....
Ball that got Nevill was a gem....seemed to swing away then straighten back and bowled him..

I just turned the cricket on and, for a moment, thought there must be a rain delay and they were replaying a disaster from years gone by.  All out for 60 before lunch!  WTF?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #402
Is being a Carlton/Australian cricket fan pretty much the craptiest thing in world sport at the moment?

Mediocrity is the word...

Remember days we won flags...belted the pommies and Liverpool was no1.....

Awful time atm...

Reply #404
We're playing only three bats with Clarke, Marsh and Voges in the team... what used to be our strength is our biggest problem - no middle order whatsoever.