Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547315 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #615
First ever 5 game series whitewash.

Selection Rubbish
Captain Rubbish
Fielding Rubbish
All Rounders Rubbish

Team Rubbish
The Force Awakens!

Reply #616
First ever 5 game series whitewash.

Selection Rubbish
Captain Rubbish
Fielding Rubbish
All Rounders Rubbish

Team Rubbish

The bowling wasn't great either  ;D

Reply #617
The bowling wasn't great either  ;D

I deliberately omitted the bowling because someone would claim I'm anti-NSW! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #618
Nothing quite like it from Australia before. And LP hit some targets: lots of rubbish.
There were a few positives, but consistency of performance, x-factor, team selection and our bowling attack were not among them. A lot of thinking needs to be done before the test series starts, and that is only a few weeks away.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #619
Nothing quite like it from Australia before. And LP hit some targets: lots of rubbish.
There were a few positives, but consistency of performance, x-factor, team selection and our bowling attack were not among them. A lot of thinking needs to be done before the test series starts, and that is only a few weeks away.

1 Shield game before the 1st Test......1 !

pathetic.  And we've got to get our entire bowling attack up & running again in 1 shield game.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #620
You send a 3rd string team of bowlers into a series you get the results you got. Still, more important Hazelwood and Starc prepared for the Test Series. Hopefully we don't prepare flat tracks again this year. Not only are we sick of them it does the team no good when they have to travel.

Didn't expect to win on the sub-continent. Everyone else gets flogged 3-0 over there these days too. England beaten 3-0 by the Pakis, South Africa and New Zealand beaten 3-0 by India, and I assume England will suffer the same fate. It's not just us. By contrast sub-continent sides get flogged when they get out of Asia bar Pakistan. India and Sri Lanka useless outside the sub continent. Ashwin is the all time superstar at home but terrible away. Unless you have real world class spinners the sub-continent pitches will be doctored. You have no way of preparing as we can't simulate those conditions here.

Reply #621
You send a 3rd string team of bowlers into a series you get the results you got. Still, more important Hazelwood and Starc prepared for the Test Series. Hopefully we don't prepare flat tracks again this year. Not only are we sick of them it does the team no good when they have to travel.

First test in Perth, don't know could have some bounce, although that's been sorely missing in recent years......2nd test down my way at Bellerive......but the way things are going here recently it'll be the greenest pitch this side of NZ...if it actually stops raining !!!!

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #622
AS Jim said ..one day cricket only  and we sent a 3rd class bowling lineup...Saffies have rebuilt a bit and are handy at home but I wouldnt be too worried about our prospects for this summer..

Reply #623
Slightly different topic, but what is going on with the questioning at the coronial inquest for Philip Hughes?  Seems very aggressive and unfair towards the players...

Reply #624
Slightly different topic, but what is going on with the questioning at the coronial inquest for Philip Hughes?  Seems very aggressive and unfair towards the players...

Not sure Doug Bollinger would be feeling that great, and probably glad he didnt bowl that fatal ball, we know things get said without malice and we know Doug was only sledging but that would play on your mind...

Reply #625

Are they telling fibs?

Reply #626
I'm surprised the Coroner inquest would actually be talking this much about sledging. They think it's a new thing?

Always be interesting stuff said a cricket pitch in the name of getting a mental advantage. We just rarely hear it. Remember Clarke telling Anderson what Mitchell Johnson was going to do to his arm, think it was "going to fkn break it".

Reply #627
I'm surprised the Coroner inquest would actually be talking this much about sledging. They think it's a new thing?

Always be interesting stuff said a cricket pitch in the name of getting a mental advantage. We just rarely hear it. Remember Clarke telling Anderson what Mitchell Johnson was going to do to his arm, think it was "going to fkn break it".

The SC assisting the coroner has urged that the sledging discussion be ignored and, with the exception of the Hughes family, there's furious agreement that nothing about the play, tactics, sledging, etc contributed to the death.

The family seems to be desperate to blame someone, and that's understandable.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #628
The SC assisting the coroner has urged that the sledging discussion be ignored and, with the exception of the Hughes family, there's furious agreement that nothing about the play, tactics, sledging, etc contributed to the death.

The family seems to be desperate to blame someone, and that's understands

I agree with that... but have the players been telling fibs?

Reply #629

The family seems to be desperate to blame someone, and that's understandable.
completely disagree - anyone playing on that day would be forever effected - what exactly is the point of bringing all this up?

Does anyone actually believe people went out that day to kill Hughes?! I 100% doubt it!