Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 548018 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #915
Typical Mitch Marsh... Soaks up twenty balls and gets out.  Lucky that his medium pacers have some value.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #916
This is great to hear......exactly the attitude to take.  Pat Cummins...take note.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/pattinson-is-back-and-ready-to-fight-for-a-spot-in-ashes/news-story/ffee6849cee2e56a7b2897856a781700

"James Pattinson has declared he wants to harden his body by bowling as many overs as possible ahead of next summer’s Ashes — and he’ll bowl them his way."

Really hope he gets back to his best.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #917
What the take on Marcus Stoinis??

As a Greek, I always like to see my fellow Greeks producing.  I have no love for Cricket, but that doesnt mean I hate it.  Its just a sport that doesnt interest me.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #918
What the take on Marcus Stoinis??

As a Greek, I always like to see my fellow Greeks producing.  I have no love for Cricket, but that doesnt mean I hate it.  Its just a sport that doesnt interest me.

I like Stoinis as a cricketer and think he is worth a try at test level, we have spent and wasted a lot of time trying to find our Botham/Flintoff allrounder type and while Stoinis isnt anywhere near that
calibre especially in terms of bowling I think he is a capable player who might blossom with opportunity.
Has a reasonable batting technique, bowls decent line and has that handy knack of picking up wickets..

Reply #919
I like Stoinis as a cricketer and think he is worth a try at test level, we have spent and wasted a lot of time trying to find our Botham/Flintoff allrounder type and while Stoinis isnt anywhere near that
calibre especially in terms of bowling I think he is a capable player who might blossom with opportunity.
Has a reasonable batting technique, bowls decent line and has that handy knack of picking up wickets..

I am very impressed with Stoinis.  His bowling is more penetrative than Hilton Cartright for a start (I see him as a Steve Waugh type of relief bowler) , and his batting is light years ahead of both he & Marsh.....should be groomed for the number 6 spot before the Ashes series I believe.  Cartright is just cannon fodder.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #920
Stoinis should be in our Test IMO.

1. Renshaw
2. Warner
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Handscomb (wk)
7. Stoinis
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

Or...
Renshaw, Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Head, Handscomb (wk), Stoinis, Agar, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood. 12th. J.Faulkner.

Sorry, I just don't want Nafe Lyon anymore. Who else is there we might ask?

I like Ashton Agar. Zampa has a bit about him I like and is getting international exposure at ODI level. Steve O'Keefe. Not for me. Others???

Reply #921
There is no way a cricket ball naturally looks so asymmetrically worn after 33 overs. Something is crook, it's falling apart like it's been hit with a grinder on one side. I'd be checking Indian pockets for the old sandpaper business card, or the sharp edged wedding ring!

Very suspect!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #922
I do not understand why we continue to select Mitch Marsh. He is a flat track bully who cannot play the spinning or the swinging ball. His bowling is adequate, but I would not pick him for that alone.

We can complain about the ball (it is suspect) and we can complain about the pitch (not up to test standard, unlike the previous one), but if we shoot ourselves on the selection table, we have only ourselves to blame.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #923
Good ol' Indian 8th day pitch on the first day.

Just get the 4-0 flogging done on their doctored up pitches so we can focus on the Ashes.

Reply #924
I'll take a 4-0 flogging if it means Shaun Marsh never plays for Australia ever again.

Reply #925
Why in ^$)%*&'s name do we continue to pick these Marsh blokes... Mitch Marsh ? Seriously, WTF?

Wade is skating on thin ice as well, needs runs even more that Mitch Marsh, and that's saying something.

Reply #926
Wade was a little stiff... but won't last long if he doesn't make runs.

Reply #927
How good is Tim Paine looking?

just needs to get his batting prowess back!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #928
Over O'Keefe already, just doesn't deserve a spot yet!

We shouldn't take spinners to India if they can't bowl two balls the same.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #929
X2...... Gives nuthin with the bat and bowling is innocuous.  Just not quite good enough.  Agar?