Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546824 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #990
6 for 11 off 10 overs - straight back to the bad old days.

Batting not good enough under pressure again- too many passengers who don't look like they are going to make runs. But we are unlikely to make changes.

Reply #991
6 for 11 off 10 overs - straight back to the bad old days.

Batting not good enough under pressure again- too many passengers who don't look like they are going to make runs. But we are unlikely to make changes.

Bad old days perhaps, but on a challenging pitch.  We really do need another top order batsman, and a quality all rounder to stiffen the middle order and chip in with a wicket or two.

I'd like to see Maxwell in the 11 for the next test but I agree that changes are unlikely.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #992
Pretty even match... dropped catches didn't help.

Read that Smith told S Marsh to "go" for a review... he misheard and walked off!

Reply #993
I don't mind a doctored pitch, which is to be expected and evens up the contest between bat and ball, but a pitch which serves up grubbers on such a regular basis removes the skill aspect and turns batting into a lottery.

We lost this on day three when we didn't push on for another 50 or so runs, then we bowled poorly and let them get away. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #994
Good to see Kholi stand up to our bully boys. Reminds me of when Rantutunga stuck it up Warne, Healy and co back in the 96 world cup.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #995
Good to see Kholi stand up to our bully boys. Reminds me of when Rantutunga stuck it up Warne, Healy and co back in the 96 world cup.

Kohli is a yappy f8wit....good to see him scoring heaps of runs this series.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #996

....and I know what you're doing
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #997
Bad old days perhaps, but on a challenging pitch.  We really do need another top order batsman, and a quality all rounder to stiffen the middle order and chip in with a wicket or two.

I'd like to see Maxwell in the 11 for the next test but I agree that changes are unlikely.
Yeah I agree it was a challenging pitch, but our record on 'challenging' pitches over the last 5 or so years is woeful. It's called 'test' cricket for a reason, and quality test batsmen find a way to score runs in difficult conditions.

Unquestionably you need another batsman in the team and drop Marsh. We have a bowling all rounder who has bowled 5 overs in 2 tests and doesn't look threatening at all. The problem is do you now pick Usman after the massive show of 'no confidence' in his batting ability in these conditions that the selectors and coach have shown? He won't have batted for 3 weeks by the next test. Maxwell couldn't do any worse than Marsh with either bat or ball, but that's not ringing endorsement either.

Reply #998
Looks like if we can we can win the last two tosses we can win the series 3-1 (or vice verse if we lose them) as batting last in these doctored up pitches is plainly diabolical. Ball spitting, spinning, bouncing abnormally, ball rolling along the ground. What a nightmare. 150 was a god awful chase on that pitch. No great blame on the batsmen. Where we lost it was on day 3 where we bowled badly, and that day Smith didn't have his best day as skipper. When we had then 4/120, only 33 ahead, we only needed one more wicket and we would've run though then like a dose of laxatives as India have been 5 out/all out all series. Problem was we let that 5th wicket put on 114 and it lost us the match as 188 was always likely to be out of reach.

Reply #999
What I find amazing is that Kohli asserts glancing up at the coaches box is cheating and not in the spirit of the game, while India continues to publicly badger and berate officials like umpires, 3rd umpires and match referees(Even fined for doing so!) to the point that pressure builds and even borderline DRS decisions are altered in their favor!

International cricket commentators are still pondering how Warner LBW was Umpires Call, while the very same people are wondering what Kohli was complaining about, but it's that fear of retribution established by Kohli public criticism that forces the pendulum in India's favor.

Kohli deliberately incites the crowd by belligerently disputing DRS when it fails to favor his team, that is every bit as much cheating as anything Smith has done!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1000
Kohli is a yappy f8wit....good to see him scoring heaps of runs this series.

Not scoring runs but he has sucked Smith and crew in bigtime and got India back in the series...not sure why we continue to engage Kholi in the mind game stuff...
Smith looking at the dressing room for guidance on the review had his mind off the job and on Kholi..

On Dave Warner....looks a bit sick of International Cricket and touring IMO....needs a break...otherwise he might retire and stick to where the money is in IPL etc..IMHO.

Reply #1001
Not scoring runs but he has sucked Smith and crew in bigtime and got India back in the series...not sure why we continue to engage Kholi in the mind game stuff...
Smith looking at the dressing room for guidance on the review had his mind off the job and on Kholi..

On Dave Warner....looks a bit sick of International Cricket and touring IMO....needs a break...otherwise he might retire and stick to where the money is in IPL etc..IMHO.

There was some good individual batting performances given the pitch. Rahul and Pujara were outstanding scoring 80s/90s, as were S.Marsh and Renshaw scoring 60s. They were 100s, even big 100s, on any other pitch. 30's are the new 50. Even Wade's 40 was "big".

It's certainly different Test cricket  and certainly makes it interesting.

Reply #1002
Looks like if we can we can win the last two tosses we can win the series 3-1 (or vice verse if we lose them) as batting last in these doctored up pitches is plainly diabolical. Ball spitting, spinning, bouncing abnormally, ball rolling along the ground. What a nightmare. 150 was a god awful chase on that pitch. No great blame on the batsmen. Where we lost it was on day 3 where we bowled badly, and that day Smith didn't have his best day as skipper. When we had then 4/120, only 33 ahead, we only needed one more wicket and we would've run though then like a dose of laxatives as India have been 5 out/all out all series. Problem was we let that 5th wicket put on 114 and it lost us the match as 188 was always likely to be out of reach.

Playing Mitch Marsh ahead of G. Maxwell also cost us dearly....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1003
Playing Mitch Marsh ahead of G. Maxwell also cost us dearly....

Yes, once we were 4 down with M.Marsh to come I knew we were in trouble. Play Maxwell or another batsman. The spinners bowls so much we don't need a 5th bowler.

Reply #1004
Yes, once we were 4 down with M.Marsh to come I knew we were in trouble. Play Maxwell or another batsman. The spinners bowls so much we don't need a 5th bowler.

Maxwell, on these pitches, a far, far better bowler than Mitch, and a much better bat too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!