Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547186 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #60
Yep, crisis is the best word for it.  May as well pick a pair of openers, a keeper and 8 bowlers and try to chase small(er) totals.

Clarke not fit and clearly so.  If his back is so bad how long can he continue?

Can't believe that Watson still remains an automatic selection.  Based upon what.... potential?  Concentration wobbled prior to lunch and the manner and timing of his dismissal was woeful.

The poms will make 600 in this pitch, if it doesn't rain we could be down 350 runs with two days to go on a turning deck...

Clarke cant play short pitched bowling......plays like a tail ender and fends off rather than getting inside or swaying out of line.....sore back or not he has to overcome the fear of getting hit or he will continue to be bounced by every test playing nation that has a decent pace attack.
Its was bodyline stuff......

Haddin and Johnson had the advantage of facing Swann and went after him which was good cricket.....we are still in the game and runs on the board is worth something in terms of pressure.
Carberry is new, Root is inexperienced and KP is lacking match practice.....I can see Cook and Bell holding us up but I think we can knock them over for 250.......need to win this test.....their batters will improve with game time and I think Bresnan will really add to their team when he comes back from injury..

I think we will win this test.....

Reply #61
EB... Broad got MJ with a Jaffa but the rest looked like batting suicide or plain old rank shot selection.  Can't see the poms doing that and the chances of us taking 20 wickets on this decks are remote IMO.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #62
EB... Broad got MJ with a Jaffa but the rest looked like batting suicide or plain old rank shot selection.  Can't see the poms doing that and the chances of us taking 20 wickets on this decks are remote IMO.

I wouldn't even have callled the Clarke one a jaffa just very badly played...... i can't fathom what happens in the heads of our so called batsmen - not much apparently!

I would be chopping Watson pronto and trying anyone else - S. Marsh, Khawaja, Doolan.

Watson is a LIABILITY.

Will he bowl? i doubt it.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64
Watson simply is not a Test batsman.

How long have I been saying this ??

Forget Watson in isolation, our team is not a test team and there in lies the difference!

We pick blokes who play 20/20 well for NSW, England's team is full our dour test cricketers who are prepared to toil for a result and they pick the best regardless of which county they come from!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
Watson simply is not a Test batsman.

How long have I been saying this ??

Forget Watson in isolation, our team is not a test team and there in lies the difference!

We pick blokes who play 20/20 well for NSW, England's team is full our dour test cricketers who are prepared to toil for a result and they pick the best regardless of which county they come from!

who's bitchin' now.

NOT ME.

eNGLAND 7 FOR 91.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #66
who's bitchin' now.

NOT ME.

eNGLAND 7 FOR 91.

You pulled the trigger so early Flyboy, you've pulled it off!

Lets wait and see the wash up at the end of the last test before we create heros from a 2hr session.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
The poms will make 600 in this pitch, if it doesn't rain we could be down 350 runs with two days to go on a turning deck...
They'll have to bat well in their second dig Prof . . . who'd have thought 8 for at tea  :o

I think it shows that the Poms' batting is as brittle as ours.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #68
Bet Aussies stuff this up.   They have made a habit of it lately,, getting into good positions to win match only to lose.

Reply #69
Steady on, there's still plenty of time to choke and fail to not get the chocolates.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #70
Finally, a good result but lets see what happens in the 2nd.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Like I said..we will win this test......I'm expecting Harris or Johnson to break down though and reckon the Poms will win a test ot two and the series will be drawn.

Reply #72
Is any channel showing edited highlights.

In the English series both Fox and 9 had a two hour program but I can't find and FTA or Fox saying they are.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
I think the weather forecast is diabolical so this could end in a draw.  Not sure why they play tests in Brisbane at this time of year.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74
How did we go from getting our arses spanked to spanking the Poms big time ? The pitch didn't really look that special that it would be hard to bat on for some runs. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.