Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546777 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #75
I think the weather forecast is diabolical so this could end in a draw.  Not sure why they play tests in Brisbane at this time of year.
Every time we are on top the bloody weather saves the poms

Reply #76
The scoreline is great but we have had a total 'day out' in the field today, every time we got into a position like this over in England someone saved their hide or the weather got them off the hook.

Still to many sub-standard players in our line-up for me to get excited, big third day in store though.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #77
I think the weather forecast is diabolical so this could end in a draw.  Not sure why they play tests in Brisbane at this time of year.
Every time we are on top the bloody weather saves the poms

There are 9 sessions left in this game. Hopefully rain only take 2 or three of them.

Monday looks clear so we still should win.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #78
EB... Broad got MJ with a Jaffa but the rest looked like batting suicide or plain old rank shot selection.  Can't see the poms doing that and the chances of us taking 20 wickets on this decks are remote IMO.

I wouldn't even have callled the Clarke one a jaffa just very badly played...... i can't fathom what happens in the heads of our so called batsmen - not much apparently!

I would be chopping Watson pronto and trying anyone else - S. Marsh, Khawaja, Doolan.

Watson is a LIABILITY.

Will he bowl? i doubt it.

Won't be dropping our leading run scorer in England in a hurry.  Especially one who can bowl. Won't be replacing him with previous failures like Marsh and Khawaja. Watson at least gets a start, those two  don't even get that. Until you find a replacement, of which there are none, then he stays. Basically it tells us where our batting depth is at present in domestic  cricket.

Doolan looks good but prefer him in ahead of Bailey at no.4 so Clarke can go back to  5.

Reply #79
EB... Broad got MJ with a Jaffa but the rest looked like batting suicide or plain old rank shot selection.  Can't see the poms doing that and the chances of us taking 20 wickets on this decks are remote IMO.

I wouldn't even have callled the Clarke one a jaffa just very badly played...... i can't fathom what happens in the heads of our so called batsmen - not much apparently!

I would be chopping Watson pronto and trying anyone else - S. Marsh, Khawaja, Doolan.

Watson is a LIABILITY.

Will he bowl? i doubt it.

Won't be dropping our leading run scorer in England in a hurry.  Especially one who can bowl. Won't be replacing him with previous failures like Marsh and Khawaja. Watson at least gets a start, those two  don't even get that. Until you find a replacement, of which there are none, then he stays. Basically it tells us where our batting depth is at present in domestic  cricket.

Doolan looks good but prefer him in ahead of Bailey at no.4 so Clarke can go back to  5.

take out the big score in the dead test and....

oh, he's failed again!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #80
We find ourselves in a great position, but the batting scorecard, once again, looks pretty woeful from the top order, save for the 2 centuries.

On Watson... He shouldn't be playing at the moment.
He is not good enough to be in there purely as a batsman, and he can't bowl atm due to fitness issues. Doubtful they will change the side if a win does eventuate, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hughes come back in for Watson.

Reply #81
S. Marsh 127 n.o. today against the Vics!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #82

He shouldn't be playing ever again !!

Lack of consistency, lack of application, pea-heart and a sook.

Are we forgetting what happened recently in India ?? He's not a team player, it's all about him and bugger the rest.

Reply #83

Are we forgetting what happened recently in India ?? He's not a team player, it's all about him and bugger the rest.

Once apon a time he was. That was then. Now he isn't and hasn't been for a while. I just see him as dead weight. That is just me though.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #84

Agreed, Watson is simply bad on so many levels.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85

Once apon a time he was. That was then. Now he isn't and hasn't been for a while. I just see him as dead weight. That is just me though.

He was always dead-weight and grossly over-rated, it's just taken a while for people to realise this fact.

Reply #86
I am no fan of Watson, but I am even less of a fan of Warner, but he made me eat my hat today. Probably why I was a little reserved in my comments re Watson.

Reply #87
I am no fan of Watson, but I am even less of a fan of Warner, but he made me eat my hat today. Probably why I was a little reserved in my comments re Watson.

Warner batted well but he continues to be a knob off the field with his comments about Trott being scared etc....one way to play a bloke back into form is to challenge/sledge him in the media and Warner should be told to shut up by the teams management and let things roll along the way they are while the going is good.

Reply #88

If anyone has made anyone eat their hat today, it should have been Clarke.

Good to see him do well but don't flagellate yourself too soon, something tells me he has more than a few feet remaining to stick in his mouth yet! Which leads me to EB1s comment,

Warner batted well but he continues to be a knob off the field with his comments about Trott being scared etc....one way to play a bloke back into form is to challenge/sledge him in the media and Warner should be told to shut up by the teams management and let things roll along the way they are while the going is good.

This bloke is a team destruction time bomb, one half decent innings and he is back preaching to the world like he is Garfield Sobers. What is more the NSW mafia were all over Bailey last night praising Warner's fielding and claiming he was robbed of a runout by Bailey's ineptitude. Yet it is not clear even if the bail remained in place that Cook would have been out, but the GTV9 NSW mafia tried their best to prove it on national TV. In effect they happily used Bailey's potential blunder to pump up Warner's tyres even further, I would not be surprised to find Warner believing the media and confronting Bailey in the rooms after play!

We have not even won a game yet and "they" are working hard to snatch all the glory, which will certainly derail the whole long term process. Although I don't see these first few days as an improvement, more of an aberration.

There are many tests to come!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
Warner gets a hundred and all of a sudden is the doyen of all cricket knowledge ....... FFS !!

Just watch the next Test, don't be expecting back-to-back tons, it won't happen, he'll fail again but everyone will be saying "he got a century in the first Test".

His form line is like a roller-coaster ride, one really good big score following by a lot of coughs and splutters, then another really good score followed by a lot of coughs and splutters.

He is way too inconsistent for me as well as being a 'heart in the mouth' type of player because he approaches every innings like it is a 20/20 slogfest.

All this crap about being a changed man because he has found love with his new squeeze Candace is a furphy too. She is a sports groupie who has been pegged by anyone with a professional contract apart from Cameron Ling. The newspapers up here a few years ago reported that she got zotted by rugby player Sonny-Boy Williams in the toilets of a Sydney nightclub, sounds like a classy woman to me. No doubt this relationship will end in tears and prove beyond doubt that Warner's impatience & poor shot selection isn't just confined to just the playing arena.