Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547743 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #151
Watson seems to be the obvious weakest link in this side, with Smith close behind.

Must have been a tough decision to declare thus denying Warner the chance at a century. But I see the strength in such a decision - team before individual. Well done, Boof.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #152
Who the hell does Mitchell Johnson think he is? With a bit of luck, one of the poms smacks the self-righteous sh1thead in the mouth to shut him up.

The media have hyped him up as the enforcer and he seems to be wanting to live up to the hype and has got a bit carried away gobbing off at batsman.
I prefer the eye contact only  and walk back to the bowling mark Johnson, when he gets tangled up with players like Broad and Stokes his bowling suffers and
if was Clarke I woud have taken him off and settled him down.
Its a bit of an ugly look for the game as well with all the mouthing off and posturing going on.....smart sledging is fine but we have a got a bit of the ugly Australian happening and it wouldnt surprise me to see a bit of push and shove between some of the players if it keeps happening.

Reply #153
I think Smith is much better value when he bowls and the wicket assists his bowling. He needs to bowl more because he is an ordinary middle order batsmen at best.

I think we have too many Calypso types, Warner, Watson, Smith,  and Haddin are all just as likely to make zero as they are to make a hundred. When they do well it pays off, but when they don't it is a write off, they are often an all or nothing bet. It can be good to watch, good for TV, but it is not good cricket.

I have always thought cricket is mostly about staying in the game until the end, at which time a bloke like Johnston can do something extraordinary that gets you across the line. This is the Poms problem at the moment, they have lost control of the game way too early!

We need at least one more rock solid batsmen, a grinder, who is more than likely to make 50 rather then not.

On the Mitchell Johnson issue, I love it, it reminds me of Lillee years ago. You need a bit of attitude out there on the field. This is the way cricket has been played since the year dot, and the politically correct goody two-shoes can go and get ferked!  >:(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #154
Who the hell does Mitchell Johnson think he is? With a bit of luck, one of the poms smacks the self-righteous sh1thead in the mouth to shut him up.

The media have hyped him up as the enforcer and he seems to be wanting to live up to the hype and has got a bit carried away gobbing off at batsman.
I prefer the eye contact only  and walk back to the bowling mark Johnson, when he gets tangled up with players like Broad and Stokes his bowling suffers and
if was Clarke I woud have taken him off and settled him down.
Its a bit of an ugly look for the game as well with all the mouthing off and posturing going on.....smart sledging is fine but we have a got a bit of the ugly Australian happening and it wouldnt surprise me to see a bit of push and shove between some of the players if it keeps happening.

Bugger' em, get into them. Poms have displayed mental weakness, rub it in. We've copped it big time from them so give it back in spades while they're down

Reply #155

You're obviously a whinging Pom. We know who Mitchell Johnson, the one with 17 wickets and sticking it up the Poms both physically and verbally. Who wouldn't enjoy that unless you were a Pom.

Reply #156
I'd be much happier if Watson weren't in the team.

Overrated flatters this guy...... big time.

With 68, 176 and 51 in  3 of his last 4 Tests, a couple of wickets too, not to mention  leading run scorer in England, he's not going anywhere for a short while at least. and who are you going to replace  him with. No good  wanting someone out because you don't like them unless you can replace them . 

Reply #157

You're obviously a whinging Pom. We know who Mitchell Johnson, the one with 17 wickets and sticking it up the Poms both physically and verbally. Who wouldn't enjoy that unless you were a Pom.

I'm not a pom....but I think a little humility wouldn't go astray. All part of being a sportsman. You've got to win well and lose well. Johnson's carrying on like a farkwit.

Reply #158
I'm not a pom....but I think a little humility wouldn't go astray. All part of being a sportsman. You've got to win well and lose well. Johnson's carrying on like a farkwit.

I think after being the major focus of the England pressure all Johnson is doing is letting them know what goes around comes around! Having said that, I am always an advocate in sport of the old,

"When you get to the top of the tree act like you have been there before and that you are confident you know how to get there again!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #159

With 68, 176 and 51 in  3 of his last 4 Tests, a couple of wickets too, not to mention  leading run scorer in England, he's not going anywhere for a short while at least. and who are you going to replace  him with. No good  wanting someone out because you don't like them unless you can replace them .

Watson scored 418 runs at 41.8 (10 innings) in England.

Remove the 176 in the 'dead' Test, when the heat was off and the English more interested in night clubs and pitch pissing....

242 in 9 innings - average 26.9 = NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This Series?

79 runs in 4 digs. Average 19.75.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

QED.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #160

Johnson has been ridiculed by the English players since he came into the Australian side.
Anderson in particular bagged him mercilessly when he was struggling.

Well, it's come full circle and now those smug pommy ****s can go eat Mitchell's moustachioed d1ck.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #161

Watson scored 418 runs at 41.8 (10 innings) in England.

Remove the 176 in the 'dead' Test, when the heat was off and the English more interested in night clubs and pitch pissing....

242 in 9 innings - average 26.9 = NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This Series?

79 runs in 4 digs. Average 19.75.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

QED.

Whilst I agree his form doesn't warrant selection, I think Lehman has a different philosophy and he will be given time to gain form. Winning momentum will help his cause as Lehman continues to build a united team.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #162
Put simply, I cannot wait for Perth!!

A dusty wicket with Johnson, Siddle and Harris. Carnage awaits.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #163

Johnson has been ridiculed by the English players since he came into the Australian side.
Anderson in particular bagged him mercilessly when he was struggling.

Well, it's come full circle and now those smug pommy ****s can go eat Mitchell's moustachioed d1ck.

Agree...Anderson deserves what he gets, a real smart arse with a big mouth who has to expect it back in spades with interest attached....I can understand Clarke paying out on him too..
Like I said though I think Johnson is a better bowler without his mouth doing part of the work and I like to see him just give the odd glare without getting too carried away and losing focus.
His bowling drops off when he gets sucked in......thought he needed to re focus vs Root  instead of overdoing the sledging and he let Stokes and Broad suck him in and started bowling rubbish.

We can wrap this series up in Perth and it as good to see Lehmann with eye on the big prize and telling the team to enjoy the win but get ready for the next test.
Good work by Clarke today bowling Harris and Siddle rather than over doing Johnson and letting him get his mind right for Perth.....

Wonder if the Poms will go for 4 quicks and Stokes in Perth or stick with Swann who looks like he has lost interest....