Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 72323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #15
Newcastle defender Paul Dummett  must be feeling a little nervous if suarez doesn't play in the world cup.
some Uruguay took to twitter to give Paul some advice. ...this one is a piece of work

“Hi Paul Dummett. I hope some day you come here [Uruguay] to have a nice time with friends. We have things for you, like a bullet in the head.”

or another subtle one  “Hey, Paul Dummett. If Suárez doesn’t play against England, you’ll never play again.”

Reply #16
Yep they take it personally in South America.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Something to be said for a ball that bounces predictably.

Italy all the way. 

Reply #19
Interesting just watching Real Madrid win both the Champions League this morning and the Copa Del Ray a few weeks back and watching Xabi Alonso in the CL who missed through suspension and Ronaldo who missed the CDR due to injury. Both players didn't seem fazed by missing their respective finals and cheered on their teams throughout the game and were ecstatic after their side won coming on to the ground and celebrating like they'd played. Compare them to AFL players who miss the Grand Final and it's a different scenario altogether. Usually tears of pain and devastation, even though their club has won, there are no smiles.

Just an interesting observation I made.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
Interesting just watching Real Madrid win both the Champions League this morning and the Copa Del Ray a few weeks back and watching Xabi Alonso in the CL who missed through suspension and Ronaldo who missed the CDR due to injury. Both players didn't seem fazed by missing their respective finals and cheered on their teams throughout the game and were ecstatic after their side won coming on to the ground and celebrating like they'd played. Compare them to AFL players who miss the Grand Final and it's a different scenario altogether. Usually tears of pain and devastation, even though their club has won, there are no smiles.

May have something to do with the fact they are multi millionaires.  ;D

Reply #21
LOL never thought of it that way but yes, that would be a reason to be happy. Imagine the punani these guys are putting away.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
LOL never thought of it that way but yes, that would be a reason to be happy. Imagine the punani these guys are putting away.

Harry Kewell was talking about it on MMM yesterday.

Was talking about what it is like to be treated like a god and what is was like to earn that money.

Also made the comment that AFL players are hardly recognised outside this state but Football players are known worldwide... and treated as gods wherever they go.

Reply #23
In footy u could play every game but not the grand final for whatever reason u miss out on the medal. In soccer u would get one even if u missed the final providing u reach the minimum game requirement.

Extra incentive to cheer  :D

Reply #24

Does that sand on the pitch look familiar to anyone? That's where the final is being played.

The Daily Mail reports that the iconic venue has hosted 37 matches in the past five months – more than the Emirates (29) and Old Trafford (27) and the wear and tear shows, with organisers hoping the grass is rooted in time.

Otherwise, the World Cup might be just that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25

I know in the premier league you get a medal if you have played 10 games which is about a quarter of the season. In Aussie rules you can play every game but if you miss the grand final through injury you're not part of it apparently.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Like to see the Aussies do well but the odds are against us so I'm going to follow Germany when we probably depart after the early rnds.
The Germans play some nice football but can never beat the Brazils, Spains's etc so I am hoping they go one better this WC.....
Though I am less interested this WC as the NBA finals are on and being a big Spurs fan I am hoping to have a win.....

Reply #28
The Dutch 1-0 down with 43 min on the clock, 1-1 at half time and end up winning 5-1 !!! Cracker of a game with some great goals !!!

Aussies up next !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #29
This is amazing from Australia!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!