Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74189 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #60
Every World Cup England are way over hyped.
England will do squat in a World Cup with Rooney in the squad. He their version of Leon Davis.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
we need a pirlo - one touch genius

Reply #63
England will do squat in a World Cup with Rooney in the squad. He their version of Leon Davis.

Mate did you miss his cross to set up the England goal? :o
No :o
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
Fair enough then :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
Messi.  That was a cracker

Reply #66
Cmon Agey it wasn't anything spectacular.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67
Cmon Agey it wasn't anything spectacular.

I agree. The Italians didn't display their usual tight defensive strangulation game once they scored. They seemed sloppy at times, and if they play like that thought the rest of the serious they won't go far. Perhaps it was due some key players missing. Even that free with 40 seconds to go, previous Italian teams would have chipped it around and held possession rather than shooting for goal and risking a counter attack...
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #68
Enjoying the variety of fta sport of late.

The Netherlands/Spain match was a cracking game.

Reply #69
Yep just love the World Cup going to be so depressed once it's over.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70

Having just spent the last month there and been there the previous 2 cups, they actually had the most low key approach i had seen. Most of the people i spoke to, said they have picked the best squad possible and while it is not good enough, they have some optimism for the future.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
The funny thing Shadesy, is that game against Italy is probably some of the better football that England have played at a major tournament for years.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
The funny thing Shadesy, is that game against Italy is probably some of the better football that England have played at a major tournament for years.

They needed to do something different. They picked, Sterling, Barkley, Wilshire etc to bring run and pace and impact. i watched all there friendlies and they still played the very English style of football, dont want to make a mistake, minimal risks but it doesnt hold up in the world cup against the South Americans and clinical European teams.

It was a great move they picked Sterling and showed some change in thought and tactics. I hope they progress just as vindication of showing some balls this time.

Meanwhile Aussies were robbed by the Ref and showed a lot more than I thought possible.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #73
Im loving  watching the worlds greatest players strutting their stuff on the biggest stage of all... Unlike the crappy versions of this in Cricket, Rugby etc, this truly is a proper WORLD Cup, with countries like Honduras, Nigeria and Iran represented.
Loving waking up, and sneaking in the Morning Highlights show before work, getting to the office, and cracking on the live net stream of whichever game is playing, and getting home, and watching whatever other World Cup related shows are playing.
The way the Blues are going at the moment, this tournament couldn't have come at a better time.
There's only been two negatiwes for me so far:
- Greece embarrassing themselves on the World stage, AGAIN!!! lol
- The missus and her continual whining 'You watching ANOTHER game ?', 'Aren't you sick of 'soccer' yet ?'. 'You're obsessed. I cant wait for this World Cup to be over!'.

Reply #74

Agree 100%, because they played the younger players, something us Greeks should look at. ;)

@Dom

We didn't embarrass ourselves IMO, we played a decent game but things didn't go our way. I'm confident we can get back on track against the Japanesi.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!