Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74535 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #120
Hate to say it but I backed the Italians today, I just feel they are the best side I've seen so far, they have the right blend of experience and youth and at $17 I couldn't resist having a nibble.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #121
Bloody Italians. Had their chances, just couldn't get it over the line.

Reply #122
Goodbye England. :))
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #123
What a farce this soccer crap is !!

How much does it cost to get a team into that competition only for them to be punted immediately ??

We got booted after the preliminary rounds last time and it has happened again. I keep reading how well the team has played but stiff crap, we lost !!

Get over the "honourable loss" thing, if you don't win you are crap !!

I'd have to say I'm a bit over the honourable loss stuff as well.

Terms like brave, battlers, unlucky and people making excuses for them gets on my tits.

I'm getting a bit cynical but I can't help get the feeling we were getting sold something.

The way the media have covered the bombers in much the same way probably has something to do with it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #124

You know why? Because I put $50 on them @ $17 to win the tournament to deliberately jinx them. Happy to pay $50 to see them bow out. Plus Sportsbet refunds your $50 if they get knocked out in penalties which we know if they reach the knockout phase of the tournament is a high probability. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #125
What a farce this soccer crap is !!

How much does it cost to get a team into that competition only for them to be punted immediately ??

We got booted after the preliminary rounds last time and it has happened again. I keep reading how well the team has played but stiff crap, we lost !!

Get over the "honourable loss" thing, if you don't win you are crap !!

I'd have to say I'm a bit over the honourable loss stuff as well.

Terms like brave, battlers, unlucky and people making excuses for them gets on my tits.

I'm getting a bit cynical but I can't help get the feeling we were getting sold something.

The way the media have covered the bombers in much the same way probably has something to do with it.

I can tell you CIMM you're getting sold nothing, it has been nothing short of amazing how the Aussies have performed. Most people thought they would get beat 5-0 in their matches.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #126

You know why? Because I put $50 on them @ $17 to win the tournament to deliberately jinx them. Happy to pay $50 to see them bow out. Plus Sportsbet refunds your $50 if they get knocked out in penalties which we know if they reach the knockout phase of the tournament is a high probability. :P

Do not forget PI2C, the Italians won the World Cup in 2006 due to penalty shoot out!

But yes, that was a very rare occurance. We are a funny bunch, us wogs. :D
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #127
Yep thats what I like about the bet....it's a win/win. Italians win and I collect $850, they lose and I enjoy the fact they didn't win. If they lose in penalties even better! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #128
A retrospective comment about last nights game between Oz v Spain. We showed a heap of courage but geez the different in class was apparent. Although when Breshi came on you could see the difference in class between some of our finishers and himself.  Am surprised Spain have performed as poorly they have, they really looked polished last night..

Anyway gearing up for the Italian game in just under an hour
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #129
LMAO can't believe Italy is out in the group stage.....won't be long, maybe another 4 hours and Greece will be too. :(
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #130
Switched off as soon as I saw Uruguay score. Italy's sole purpose in the second half was to stop Uruguay scoring - no interest in scoring themselves. Should've taken their chances in the first half.

Second World Cup in succession they've been knocked out at the group stage. Fooey.

Reply #132
LMAO can't believe Italy is out in the group stage.....won't be long, maybe another 4 hours and Greece will be too. :(

Perhaps not  Carrots.  lol

FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH THE DRAMA!! Did I say how much I love the World Cup? :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133
What a game!!!!
Lost the plot in my lounge room this morning!!
Was late for work, but who cares!!!
ELLADARAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Reply #134
If ever there was a reason to introduce some sort of video review system, or at least have a very good look at the whole penalty system, there you have it.

Very harsh result considering there was no infringement.