Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74590 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #195
Tonight's game represents  P2C's description of a truly World Cup, USA v Germany. History says it should be a whitewash in Germany's favor. Think ill root for USA.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #196
At least they got through to the next phase the USA DU. I really enjoy their style great team to watch play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #197
Has anyone seen the Wiggles take on Súarez's little chomp?? Very funny!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #198
At least they got through to the next phase the USA DU. I really enjoy their style great team to watch play.

Yeah I agree P2C

They were in it the whole game, almost scored in the last 30 seconds. And their keeper is a gun keeper, saved some absolute gems. Glad they went thru..
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #199
Has anyone seen the Wiggles take on Súarez's little chomp?? Very funny!

Haven't seen it yet but I'll search it and check it out lol.  Just as hilarious, is the reactions at the biter's 4 month suspension,  their country's president says "i did not see him bite anyone" his coach says "there is insufficient evidence" pmsl it's on TV footage FFS .. .........

― Mark Twain

Reply #200
Germany 1-0 over the USA...thought the Germans dominated and were a class above the US and the latter were too defensive just looking to counterattack except they never got much ball to do that.

The money is still on a South American team winning the WC but I think the Germans can make the semis.....

Reply #201
Germany 1-0 over the USA...thought the Germans dominated and were a class above the US and the latter were too defensive just looking to counterattack expect they never got much ball to do that.

The money is still on a South American team winning the WC but I think the Germans can make the semis.....

Yeah the Germans look the goods, had it not been for the some outstanding USA Keeping the Germans would have scored several more times.

― Mark Twain

Reply #203

Yeah I agree P2C

They were in it the whole game, almost scored in the last 30 seconds. And their keeper is a gun keeper, saved some absolute gems. Glad they went thru..

Yeah about to watch the highlights mate BTW Tim Howard is the USA's keeper plays in the EPL for Everton.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #204
This is the Uruguay President saying this in defence of the suspended biter.  :o

"We feel that this is an assault on the poor because this gang..(he's referring to FIFA)... will never forgive him because he never went to university, he isn't educated, he grew up on the field, and he is a natural rebel and expresses his anger naturally," said the president.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/06/27/maradona-slams-fifa-over-suarez

― Mark Twain

Reply #205
Or maybe he just bit another player for the third time in his career? :P I mean seriously who bites? The guy clearly needs help.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #206
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #207
Germany and France through and square off next.....bit of a struggle for the Germans who keep piling on the shots at goal but cant finish...2-1 result in extra time and thanks to some brilliance from Ozil hung on to win.
French won 2-0 over Nigeria and were more impressive.....dont over use the ball like the Germans and make every shot count....I want to see  Germany win having some German blood on both sides of the family but I think the French may execute better and a 2-1 result to the French might be the scoreline...

Reply #208
The Europeans appear to be struggling with the conditions and it's destined to be a south American winner.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #209
It's only half time and it's nil all but the Swiss look the goods against Argentina. Very impressive counter attacking, these guys are quick.

― Mark Twain