Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Asia Cup (Read 21528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Asia Cup

Reply #30
If we were kicked out of Asia where would we go.
They'd have to find another region for us.
Don't want to be where we're not wanted :(

Reply #31
Postecoglou must go, found out in extra time, no plan to handle unusual tactics!

No matter what happens now, Postecoglou is not the man!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Too soon LP.  Still this should be a foregone conclusion.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Too soon LP.  Still this should be a foregone conclusion.

As I said, no matter what happened after the 90min, extra time is a lottery and we gave S.Korea a 50/50 chance when the game should have been won, done and dusted! And late in extra time S.Korea was nearly put in the same position like a slow motion replay of the game proper.

Australian Soccer has too many chokers, they need to cut the them loose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Tonight was a good example of why people love and hate soccer at the same time.

The tension was unbearable for well over an hour.

Reply #35
Afl house will be feeling nervous now after what happened in sydney tonight...

Reply #36
Unbelievable.....
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #37

Agree, that final victory would have been a massive boost for soccer in this country. Hey, even I've taken some interest and watched a couple of games! Normally I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Well done boys and Ange btw.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38

Agree, that final victory would have been a massive boost for soccer in this country. Hey, even I've taken some interest and watched a couple of games! Normally I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Factor in the Asada saga, if the Afl dont show courageous leadership on the issue people will flock to soccer. .

Reply #39

Factor in the Asada saga, if the Afl dont show courageous leadership on the issue people will flock to soccer. .

AFL and A League can co-exist. They're played at different times of the year at different stadiums. I think it's a great alternative to BBL tbh.

Reply #40

AFL and A League can co-exist. They're played at different times of the year at different stadiums. I think it's a great alternative to BBL tbh.

A lot of parents couldn't afford their kids to play 2 sports. That's where the real battle is.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #41

I watched the final 10 minutes and was then drawn into the drama of extra time, but in no way is this a distraction from AFL. AFL is the big ticket in Australia and will remain so. As a nation we pay respect to a number of sports in the Calender year, soccer is a local comp in the summer playing second fiddle to the summer of cricket. The big tournaments are just like the Olympics and C/wealth games which are of note every 4 years. Spring racing, the grand prix, the oz open and even the Sydney to Hobart feature on our sporting calendar.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
LP Postecoglou has achieved more than any of his predecessors mate, he's going nowhere. JUst looking at the talk he gave them just before extra time if you read his lips he was saying to the boys that they needed to stay positive, and keep playing positive and they would win. You have to take into account the three subs he made were forced subs due to injury and blokes like Cahill and Kruse were the heartbeat of the side in this tournament. I thought he did fantastically well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Also I might add, tactical subs are a big part of the game when you're 1-0 and Ange was unable to make one due to the injuries the players had.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44
LP Postecoglou has achieved more than any of his predecessors mate, he's going nowhere. JUst looking at the talk he gave them just before extra time if you read his lips he was saying to the boys that they needed to stay positive, and keep playing positive and they would win. You have to take into account the three subs he made were forced subs due to injury and blokes like Cahill and Kruse were the heartbeat of the side in this tournament. I thought he did fantastically well.
Heartbreaking for Kruse, 12 mtgs out again this time with an achiles injury. Whilst his "contribution" was limited due to him coming back from a knee reco, he busted a boiler every game and agree with P2C that along with Timmy, they are the heart and soul of the Socceroos. In my mind, this Cup is dedicated to those two.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time