Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup 2015 (Read 20937 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Reply #45
Good win, our bowling is solid, if we bat well in the final we should be in with a good show of wining the cup !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #46
Made it to the final so now we cannot lose to the Kiwi's. We will never ever live it down if we do. On form though I have serious concerns.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #47
Made it to the final so now we cannot lose to the Kiwi's. We will never ever live it down if we do. On form though I have serious concerns.

Our form can't be too bad. We made it to the final. O:-)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #48
This World Cup has been going on for too long, I dare say a few have lost interest along the way.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
Dhoni basically lost when he lost the toss and it didn't turn as expected.  It seemed to be an easy pitch to survive on but a difficult pitch to force the pace on - so many blokes caught at mid on or short square splicing mistimed pulls suggests that it was slow and got slower as the game progressed.  Once Johnson et al found the right length and the pill(s) got softer and started to wobble around batting got difficult.

Moving Smith to 3 is a masterstroke... I should be a selector.  I get the feeling that Clarke is in the side for his captaincy and JIC the batting gets the wobbles because middle order power hitter he ain't... he's clearly a platform builder for others to follow.

I hope there are plans in place for Macullum and Vettori.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #50
Smith has the sharpest ears in Cricket.  Rumour he heard a guy fart in  Aisle 45 Row D seat 14

Reply #51
Dhoni basically lost when he lost the toss and it didn't turn as expected.  It seemed to be an easy pitch to survive on but a difficult pitch to force the pace on - so many blokes caught at mid on or short square splicing mistimed pulls suggests that it was slow and got slower as the game progressed.  Once Johnson et al found the right length and the pill(s) got softer and started to wobble around batting got difficult.

Moving Smith to 3 is a masterstroke... I should be a selector.  I get the feeling that Clarke is in the side for his captaincy and JIC the batting gets the wobbles because middle order power hitter he ain't... he's clearly a platform builder for others to follow.

I hope there are plans in place for Macullum and Vettori.

With Smith at No 3 I think Vettori wont be so much of a problem as he and Clarke play spin better than our openers or Watto......Kiwis may shock and bring Vettori on very early if Finch and Warner
are going hard. McCullum is the most attacking captain in WC in terms of fielding and bowling changes....we need to force him to push his fielders back and bring on his lesser bowers earlier.
He likes to bowl his best bowlers in the early and middle overs and try and bowl teams out and always has catchers behind the wicket regardless of who is batting or what the score is...
Boult is their most dangerous bowler IMO and is a natural swinger of the ball rather than relying on conditions and I would be just be happy to get through his overs without taking too many risks and go after the others. Left arm quicks are flavour of the WC and all the good teams have them.....I expect Starc and Johnson to bowl us to victory...
NZ workmates plan on having a large NZ flag draped across our office at work for a week if they win so that cant happen..... ;)