Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting; Round 1: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 13884 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting; Round 1: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #30
C+

5: Murphy
4: Gibbs
3: Cripps
2: Docherty
1: Simpson

HM: Weitering,Curnow,Wright,Kerridge, Graham

Reply #31
Sheesh Brettie.....grumpelstiltskin bro lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
B-

5: Murphy
4: Cripps
2   Weitering
1: Docherty
1: Wright
1 Gibbs
1  Curnow
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #33
Team - C+

5 - Murphy
4 - Gibbs
3 - Cripps
2 - Docherty
1 - Wright

Reply #34
Team. C

5. Murphy
3. Cripps
3. Gibbs
2. Docherty
1. Simpson
1. Wright
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #35
Everyone is rating Gibb's game, but I didn't see it that way.
He was still tooooo cruzey and didn't put his body on the line and seemed like he was just after the easy balls.
He needs to play with a harder more aggressive edge for my liking.
For a player of his ilk, he floats in and out of games too often and doesn't demand the footy.
Need better from him and I think we always will want better. Will never achieve the highs we expect of him for a no.1 pick. For a pick 55 he played well.

Killed Bambi too

Reply #36
Killed Bambi too

Good thing Craig Bradley is not still playing ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
As and Bs for a loss to an undermanned opposition? Folk must really be starved of success!

Anyway, I was under the impression that there wasn't to be any discussion of votes or team ratings.  If people want to be overly generous and dish out extravagant ratings for losing a game we should have won, then go right ahead.  I won't lose sleep over it.

Undermanned? They were only without Deliedo, Maric and Grigg. They would've only have triuly missed Deliedio of that lot.

Everything has to be taken in context. We were expected to be no good and pumped with our list and very nearly won. If we were a gun side and lost then a D or E, as a cellar dweller nearly beating a top 5 side, worth a B-. That's my best possible score for a loss.

Reply #38
Undermanned? They were only without Deliedo, Maric and Grigg. They would've only have triuly missed Deliedio of that lot.

Everything has to be taken in context. We were expected to be no good and pumped with our list and very nearly won. If we were a gun side and lost then a D or E, as a cellar dweller nearly beating a top 5 side, worth a B-. That's my best possible score for a loss.

I really don't care what rating you give the team.  I happen to believe that losing is unacceptable and, while I may go to a C for a hard fought loss, that's my limit.

What's a 10 goal win worth, A++++++?  How about about a 20 goal win in a grand final?

We could debate this ad nauseum, not to mention folk who refuse to give Gibbs votes, but that's not the purpose of this thread.  We all have our own way of voting and rating teams, it's subjective, and there's no right or wrong way and nothing to gain by arguing about it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
5 Murph
4 Gibbs
3 Cripps
2 Simpson
1 Doc
Team B

Reply #40
I really don't care what rating you give the team.  I happen to believe that losing is unacceptable and, while I may go to a C for a hard fought loss, that's my limit.

What's a 10 goal win worth, A++++++?  How about about a 20 goal win in a grand final?

We could debate this ad nauseum, not to mention folk who refuse to give Gibbs votes, but that's not the purpose of this thread.  We all have our own way of voting and rating teams, it's subjective, and there's no right or wrong way and nothing to gain by arguing about it.

Not far below my B- maximum. When you're a poor team though playing a finals team some losses are "more acceptable" than others, without at all being accepted as that will turn you into a $hit team quick smart. If we lost to Hawthorn by a point I could push to a B. If we lost to Essendon by a point we'd get a Z. Hence I use the word "context" before as not one size fits all. A 20 goal grand final win? Think I would just lose the whole load...lol.

Reply #41

x2...I thought this thread was for votes only ...not to critique and ridicule others because they saw the game different...

Reply #42
I suppose if we are ridiculing then our club isn't travelling too badly.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
I'm only an observer of this thread so pardon my comment but if you disagree on the criteria what's the point of arguing about the ratings?  ???
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
3 - Gibbs
3 - Murphy
3 - Cripps
2 - Simpson
2 - Graham
2 - Docherty

Team B-
The Force Awakens!