Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond (Read 17788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond

Reply #45
Bit tough on Jones Baggers:
"3. Although Jones did a couple of nice things once we'd got the game under control, he was a liability when the heat was on."
I wasn't there but the Carlton website said he kicked his three goals in the first quarter. I would have thought he helped set up the games.

Fair call on the surface of it, but believe me when the heat is on although he really does try his mistakes and lack of instinct for the game really show through. The number of groans around the ground at too many of his efforts, mistakes or just baffling decisions tells a story. Gorringe and Jaksch were better and give us more hope.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
@ Crash

Thanks Crash.

You mentioned Korchek - is that other big American Aurrelia(?) still around?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
@ Crash

Thanks Crash.

You mentioned Korchek - is that other big American Aurrelia(?) still around?
Aurichio played today and had a good game in the ruck. He is developing well enough and now even willing to kick the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Aurichio played today and had a good game in the ruck. He is developing well enough and now even willing to kick the ball.

Thanks Crash. Sounds encouraging.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Who was number 41 (or maybe 47) Not clear on the NB highlights and not on the team sheet.

Gorringe was wearing #41 I think. I think I read that on the NBs Twitter updates.

Reply #50
Gorringe was wearing #41 I think. I think I read that on the NBs Twitter updates.
I think so, too. #41 kicked goals: I thought it must have been Gorringe.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #51

That's what I thought.

So who was 5 because he wasn't on the list either.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #52

Yep, 41 was Gorringe...

Reply #53
How did Jesse Glass McCasker go? Probably didn't see much of the ball being a key defender?

Reply #54
Yep, fully intend to be at both games. Got tickets for the seniors ...just need to finish a meeting a little early so I can front up to the Punt Road oval for the NBs game.

Hi Baggers

Glad you made it along - and thanks for the feedback.

I would appreciate more feedback on Gorringe b/c he looked lost in the NAB game and was apparently reasonable in this one.

Reply #55
How did Jesse Glass McCasker go? Probably didn't see much of the ball being a key defender?
You won't miss him, with his mop of hair, tied back as it is. He more than held his won. He played on the Richmond tall forwards and had 1 goal and 2 big marks against him from memory. He fitted in nicely. It will be a while until he is ready for the seniors, but he looks like he will get there.
He moved very nicely: not having the numbers at the time, I thought he was McGuinness at first, as he had the key job. But McGuinness hasn't had hair like that for a LONG time, and he is shorter (and slower).
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56
I agree that they should keep SOSOS back and let him develop.  But I'd also be surprised if they didn't give him a game or two toward the end of the season.

Staggering how much bulkier SOSOS already looks. He's still skinny but chalk and cheese to how he looked 3 months ago.

I think he'll play seniors this year for sure provided his body hangs together.

Looks too good for seconds and Bolton wants to reward good performance.

Reply #57
You won't miss him, with his mop of hair, tied back as it is. He more than held his won. He played on the Richmond tall forwards and had 1 goal and 2 big marks against him from memory. He fitted in nicely. It will be a while until he is ready for the seniors, but he looks like he will get there.
He moved very nicely: not having the numbers at the time, I thought he was McGuinness at first, as he had the key job. But McGuinness hasn't had hair like that for a LONG time, and he is shorter (and slower).

???? Thank you.

Reply #58
Hi Baggers

Glad you made it along - and thanks for the feedback.

I would appreciate more feedback on Gorringe b/c he looked lost in the NAB game and was apparently reasonable in this one.

Greetings Ye Rat O' the River. Looking forward to seeing a few NBs games with you and devouring a few pies!

I thought the same re Gorringe in the NAB games. But in the game against the Tiggers he looked agile, creative, dangerous with good skills. However, I would temper any enthusiasm re he, Jones and Jaksch as the Tiggers tall defenders were too few to cover 3 very tall boys. They'd cover one and the other two would have a holiday... plus the delivery into the forward line really was very good. To get a gig in the Seniors Gorringe would have to dislodge Casboult or Everitt. And that doesn't look to be happening any time soon. But the competition between these 3 for a Seniors spot will be terrific for the NBs.

Reply #59
Thanks to the reporters - much appreciated.
It's encouraging to hear that we may be creating some genuine competition for spots. The last couple of years has seen some players gifted I thought. That will retard the development of any list.
Sounds like we have a mix of smalls and talls showing promise and a coach that's got some fire.
Happy with this weeks results all in all.
Go Blue Boys
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.