Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #15
Rottingwood started last season stinking the place up... but not to this extent.

How sweet it is!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
This could be ugly for us. 

Meanwhile the Essendon score flattered them, and Sydney could easily be up by more.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
Even if we match them in other areas of the ground we do not have a forward line capable of kicking a winning score.
The best we can hope for is a four quarter effort, but it's going to be a frustrating year if that's our best hope.

Reply #18
Even if we match them in other areas of the ground we do not have a forward line capable of kicking a winning score.
The best we can hope for is a four quarter effort, but it's going to be a frustrating year if that's our best hope.

in your opinion. Simple fact is if a few of our 'forwards' had kicked straighter Thursday night we would have won comfortably.

A lot can change in a week.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19

Our losing score against Richmond was higher than the scores managed by four of the teams that played on Saturday.

We need to be scoring around 100 points in each game, and we should have managed that on Thursday.  I don't think that Bolton is concerned about who kicks the goals, it's more about how we score.  If we can lock the ball inside the forward 50, as we did against Richmond, the goals will come.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
If our mids have the ball it is hard for opposing forwards to kick goals.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21

Agree...I felt our mids dropped out of the contest in the last quarter vs the Tigers and our 2nd stringers couldnt pick up the slack vs average opposition....
If we can get four quarters out of everyone and players like Waker and Casboult can kick straight then we can make it a contest.
Kruezer needs to dominate this week...I feel he didnt do enough vs the Tigers and if he can play well and drag Tippett into the ruck and away from the forward line more often then it might help our
cause...

Reply #22

Nice in theory, but Sydney have the strongest mid-field in the competition at the moment.

They get to rotate in players like Mitchell, Heeney and Parker through the midfield to give guys like Kennedy, Hannebery and Jack a chop out! :o

They give Tippett the ruck role and he did well, then Franklin gets in at the odd centre bounce and plays like an onballer.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
While I understand the fact that if our midfield dominate and we keep the ball for long periods in our forward line the goals will come....I'm afraid I just don't see us dominating teams like Sydney to that extent. ;)

Our best chance for a win in this game will be if they underestimate us and after they have had an easy run against Collingwood we take them by surprise.

Reply #24
While I understand the fact that if our midfield dominate and we keep the ball for long periods in our forward line the goals will come....I'm afraid I just don't see us dominating teams like Sydney to that extent. ;)

Our best chance for a win in this game will be if they underestimate us and after they have had an easy run against Collingwood we take them by surprise.

I would have thought that was our best chance for a five goal loss. ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
I would have thought that was our best chance for a five goal loss. ;D

I was thinking it....But I don't want to be a pessimist. :D
It could get very nasty.....but I'm hoping we put up a bit of a fight.

Reply #26
I was thinking it....But I don't want to be a pessimist. :D
It could get very nasty.....but I'm hoping we put up a bit of a fight.

That's it mate. If we give our all and show plenty but Sydney show up and play at their best there's no too much we can do. JUst don't want to fall away after putting up such a great effort on Thursday.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
Not saying we will win, but don't pump up Sydney too much based on last night... Pies were a rabble and wouldn't have beaten anyone based on the footy I've watched so far.

Can't see us winning against Buddy & Tippet, but hopefully we can replicate Thurs nights effort.

Reply #28
I'll be there again and I just want us to play to the best of our potential - a 4 quarter all out effort. We can't really ask for more and the result will depend on that, just give it a red hot go and give ourselves a chance!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
That's it mate. If we give our all and show plenty but Sydney show up and play at their best there's no too much we can do. JUst don't want to fall away after putting up such a great effort on Thursday.

Some weeks we will compete well for most quarters other weeks we won't and we'll get beat.

We know where we are at, and we have a lot of work to do, but we have to become comfortable being uncomfortable.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson