Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45096 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #30
Gonna be one ugly afternoon for us.....not looking to this game one little bit.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #31

Thought the same last week. The Pies headed into the season as a top 4 challenger.

Footy is a funny game.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #32
I'll be happy if we lose by less than the Pies did !!

This will be a real character test for us this week, here's hoping that the Blue boys put up a good fight and show some pride in the jumper.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #33
Swans will be backing up off an easy game, and us the opposite. So we aren't without a chance but you would think Sydney would have too much class and experience in the end.

Hate to say I called it, but I would persist with Buckley as the forward pressure player. We need his pace trying to lock down the ball in our forward end.

Reply #34
Thought the same last week. The Pies headed into the season as a top 4 challenger.

Footy is a funny game.

Who said they were top 4 other than some media nuff-nuffs no doubt trying to pander to Eddie Everywhere?

Poor forward line, ordinary back line and a lot of the mids are still kids......just a big beat up.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
Swans are weaker in the ruck department. I recall Kreuzer playing a blinder against Sydney at a Etihad. We had a good look at them 3 weeks ago. We will push them. Don't be surprised if we squeek home.

Reply #36
I am. I saw nothing but positives (mostly) from Thus night. BB said look for sprouts and there were plenty. The weeds he will pull out, that I am certain of. I really rate Sydney, to be the best you have to beat the best. Given we are at, I doubt we will beat them but if we are going to be beaten, I want to see that we are very hard to beat at the very least. I am confident under BB we wont dish up what the Filth did the other night. I know it was only NAB Challenge but we did more than ok against them minus Murphy who was very good vs the Tiggers despite being short of a gallop. Especially in the midfield. Buddy and Tippet will be handfuls for us, and ES is not a happy hunting ground for us but I am looking fwd to the challenge.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37

Look forward to your team rating.....I reckon a C- would probably do for a ugly loss.. ;)

Reply #38
Going to be a much harder fought game than many think but class will prevail in the end you'd imagine.

Reply #39
We have an extra two days rest so we should run out the game just as well as they do. I'm predicting that Franklin will cause too many problems in the forward line (not too worried about Tippett).

IN: Gorringe, Thomas
OUT: Casboult, Buckley

Byrne unlucky.
Casboult's kicking is a liability. It'd be different if he was getting 5 or 6 shots on goal and kicking 2 each game. But he's not kicking any as a permanent forward.

Reply #40
Casboult won't be getting dropped any time soon.

If gorringe comes in it will be at someone else's expense.

Can't afford to drop Casboult.   At worst he'll get the number one defender and at best he will get the second best defender.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Blues by 69 points

Reply #42
I sort of agree with those suggesting Levi be dropped. My reasoning is:
- We have tried him there and it doesnt seem to have worked (ie his kicking is still woeful)
- If its a confidence thing, he should go to the 2's like anyone else and work on the deficiencies until the are rectified.
If however he is there to do a multitude of roles (ie like back up ruck) and he is doing them as per instructions, then I can understand why he is being kept in the side. I can also understand that given he is an elite mark, then as long as we have the ball in our hands, its better than it falling to ground and gathered by the opo defenders.
Levi frustrates the hell out of supporters because he is a terrific kid, a hard trainer and does everything right...except kick feckin goals. Maybe we just need to chilax given its just rnd 1 of a new dawn. He might just click one day, just hope its sooner rather than later.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time