Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 59689 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Just getting this set up for Sunday evening. I hope to read positive things when the game is done and dusted.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #1
Well. That's that.

10 goals is about the difference between those two sides.

I know all the caveats, but that was hard to watch.

Reply #2
9 possessions and 1 Mark, 1 goal...

That's both Carlton Ruckman combined.

Vs

33 disposals, 14 marks, 7 goals.

Wow!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #3
Well. That's that.

10 goals is about the difference between those two sides.

I know all the caveats, but that was hard to watch.

Yep we lost that comprehensively and convincingly unfortunately - plenty of homework for BB and his coaching team for sure. Same old familiar issues.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Well, thankfully we had Daisy! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Wright is no star but very solid. We're lucky to have him.

As lods said, our forwardline is cactus, poor Boekhorst had to play as a lead up forward, definitely not his go. At least Levi kicked straight, problem this time was that he never got it!

How many jibbed contests will it take until Everitt is dropped.

Gibbs weak as piss officially over him.

Thought Jamo beat Buddy fair and square for 2 and a half quarters in his own awkward way.

Krezuer a HUGE concern.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
9 possessions and 1 Mark, 1 goal...

That's both Carlton Ruckman combined.

Vs

33 disposals, 14 marks, 7 goals.

Wow!

Kruezer was average last week vs a weak Tigers ruck unit and did nothing today IMO......Philips was ok vs the Tigers and rucked ok today but not enough around the ground....
Swans mids slayed us...too much depth...

Not sure how we can win a game with no forward line...

Reply #7
We have no idea at all how to quickly transition a ball into the forward 50, much like last year. It kills. You'd hate to be a forward. Look like a club at times playing back in the 60s. Compare that to how the Swans, so well drilled, transition the ball forward.

Reply #8
Kruezer was average last week vs a weak Tigers ruck unit and did nothing today IMO......Philips was ok vs the Tigers and rucked ok today but not enough around the ground....
Swans mids slayed us...too much depth...

Not sure how we can win a game with no forward line...

Kreuzer is always at his best when he rucks most of the day. When he has to share he's far less effective. Kreuzer rucking most of the day with Casboult 2nd rucking get the best out of both of them by far. We recruited too many ruckmen. Phillips came for nothing essentially and is young still, can't complain,  so still might be able to do something but happy for him to develop in the NBs.

Casboult been ok but he's never going to hold up the whole forward line. He's decent but not that good as a straight up forward.

Reply #9
The scary thing is that side is essentially our best 22, I think I'll go fishing until draft day.  :'(
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
The scary thing is that side is essentially our best 22, I think I'll check out until draft day.  :'(

That might change a bit as the season goes on.

Reply #11
The scary thing is that side is essentially our best 22, I think I'll check out until draft day.  :'(

If the Swans stay injury free, they will touch up a lot of sides this year. Especially now that Buddy has his sh^t together.

Reply #12
That might change a bit as the season goes on.

Not much, unless someone comes out of the blue.
Byrne should be in that side, so should Clem Smith, apart from those two I haven't spotted anyone outside today's 22 who shows anything much at all.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #13
If the Swans stay injury free, they will touch up a lot of sides this year. Especially now that Buddy has his sh^t together.

I agree, they're a very good side, but there's a chasm between them and us.

Reply #14
The combination of Sinclair & Tippert was outstanding , if you can get 7 goals from your ruckman , you a long way towards winning these days . They are a different style of ruckman that we have