Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 59687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #15
If the Swans stay injury free, they will touch up a lot of sides this year. Especially now that Buddy has his sh^t together.

Buddy is just a small part of it, Tippett is quickly becoming their most valuable player and they have Sinclair capable of playing a KPF role as backup.

They have a midfield division like no other, the Dawks will have to be at their bastardry best to stop this Sydney train from rolling right over the top of their parade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I'd persist with Charlie and give Andrejs "I hear them coming" the flick.  Time to give Foster or Jaksch a run at FF.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
So I saw bugger all of the game, abit of the 3rd and most of the last but the damage was done. I started listening to the radio whilst in the car in the 2nd qtr and we were 12 odd points down. BB kicked a behind (grazed the post), the two more behinds from very gettable positions by Cripps and Curnow I think. Sydney answered by kicking 3 goals and blew the lead out to close to 40. This was in a 10 odd min period and it was game over for mine.

Two other things I noted:
1. Sadly for Simmo the end is nigh, turn overs, poor positioning, man getting off him. Been poor late last year and during the PS. Signs are not good for mine.
2. 2E must be taken out of defence as he is clueless. Play him in the midfield, wing or HF but no where in defence, he is a liability.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Not much, unless someone comes out of the blue.
Byrne should be in that side, so should Clem Smith, apart from those two I haven't spotted anyone outside today's 22 who shows anything much at all.
Let's hope McKay adds to this side when he is back

Reply #19
If the Swans stay injury free, they will touch up a lot of sides this year. Especially now that Buddy has his sh^t together.

I agree, they're a very good side, but there's a chasm between them and us.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #20
I agree, they're a very good side, but there's a chasm between them and us.

Yes, that's true, but not every team we play will be as good as Sydney.

Reply #21
The scary thing is that side is essentially our best 22, I think I'll go fishing until draft day.  :'(

I'm interested in tracking the progress of Lachie Plowman. I think he might be able to add something if his body holds up.

Reply #22
I'd persist with Charlie and give Andrejs "I hear them coming" the flick.  Time to give Foster or Jaksch a run at FF.
Thats the other thing, was thinking the same. Foster in for AE, time to give him a crack, AE offering zilch ATM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
Agreed 100% GITC, Touhy is horrid as a small defender and must be played higher up the ground.  Has no idea re positioning or spoiling a ball above his eyes.  Stick him on a wing and let him chase the ball, not worry about postioning etc.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
I'm interested in tracking the progress of Lachie Plowman. I think he might be able to add something if his body holds up.

If he's as good as some think he is he and Weitering should be the foundation of our future defence. Weitering continues to impress - his maturity and coolness is phenomenal. Could he be our new "Ice Man" (as Doully used to be called, among other things).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
What would be wrong with adding 2E on a forward flank, he can kick a goal might be the player we need who can add 2-3 in some games?

Reply #26
What would be wrong with adding 2E on a forward flank, he can kick a goal might be the player we need who can add 2-3 in some games?
See above
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #27
Buddy is just a small part of it, Tippett is quickly becoming their most valuable player and they have Sinclair capable of playing a KPF role as backup.

They have a midfield division like no other, the Dawks will have to be at their bastardry best to stop this Sydney train from rolling right over the top of their parade!

Tippett has been the world's most expensive spud for ages. Has started very well this year however.

Reply #28
Not much, unless someone comes out of the blue.
Byrne should be in that side, so should Clem Smith, apart from those two I haven't spotted anyone outside today's 22 who shows anything much at all.

Plowman and Sumner played VFL on the weekend and weren't bad. Both top 10 picks but have to get them fit. Jaksch will probably come in too after some more match practice. Like you said, Byrne should be in the side.

Still, it's not even that, it's the lack of ability to transition the ball properly into out forward 50. We always seems slow, out of position and move it in there with great difficulty. Compare that to the Swans, who were well-drilled, slick and quick transitioning. Until we get that right it won't matter who we pcik.

Reply #29
The ball movement last week was pretty slick at times. Swans were just too good at setting up.

And how long do we have to watch the opposition midfield sharking our taps ? This has been occurring for ages.