Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 59686 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #270
The role you'd want Gibbs playing would be Brad Pearce type role.
Lead and mark.

A foil for our big key forwards....oops I forgot :(

Those were the days where we could pick up so-called average players from other clubs and have Parko turn them into stars.

Reply #271
Bolton, like the coaches before him, is using Gibbs to plug gaps.  It would be great to see him used as a forward/midfielder but it's not going to happen.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #272
Bolton, like the coaches before him, is using Gibbs to plug gaps.  It would be great to see him used as a forward/midfielder but it's not going to happen.

Gibbsy, the god of gaps? Haven't heard that daft furphy for a while. The idea that coaches sacrificed Gibbs' career as a gun onballer to play him as a loose man down back with a mandate to kick backwards as often as possible is just ridiculous. What gaps is he currently filling that are preventing him from being a crack goal-kicking midfielder?

Gibbs reputation - as some on here  see it - owes more to Bruce McAverney than his on-field exploits.

Reply #273
Really though, is Gibbs any harder or softer than someone like Pendles ? I don't see the latter doing anything harder than Gibbs.

Just back onto this, I stand corrected Paul. My mate on FB reckons he hasn't put his head over the ball since Round 21 2011. Pretty specific stuff lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #274
Just back onto this, I stand corrected Paul. My mate on FB reckons he hasn't put his head over the ball since Round 21 2011. Pretty specific stuff lol.
Who your mate, Pendles or Gibbs hasn't?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #275
Pendles. He's a Pies man.