Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 8688 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
Team E:

8: Weitering
3: E. Curnow
2: Docherty
1: Cripps
1: Wright

Reply #16
Looks like it is up to me to start off. There are times when I really should wait until my brain chemistry is something like normal.

Team:   E
We tried hard and had more possessions, more taps, more clearances and equal inside 50’s at 3/4 time, but we ran out of puff in the last quarter, which could have been ugly. There were distinct problems with our skills and structure that were not what I wanted to see.
I cannot be happy with so many senior players down.

Votes:
[4]   Jacob Weitering
[3]   Ed Curnow
[2]   Sam Docherty
[1.5]   Ciaran Byrne
[1]   Matthew Wright
[1]   Bryce Gibbs
[1]   Patrick Cripps
[0.5]   Marc Murphy   
[0.5]   Sam Kerridge
[0.5]   Zach Tuohy

Explanations:
[4]   Jacob Weitering:   The lad had a lot of the ball and generally held his opponent. He took contested marks and he made great decisions. In an ordinary night, he was a shining light.
[3]   Ed Curnow:   Ran his guts out and really had an impact. He was an excellent player, but he just might have been better value keeping Ablett out of the game.
[2]   Sam Docherty:   One of our best on an ordinary night, Docherty kept going in the last quarter where many of his team mates fell out of the game.
[1.5]   Ciaran Byrne:   Not as impressive as he has been in the VFL, but he had a hell of a job and he showed a lot. An excellent effort from a guy in his 2nd game.
[1]   Matthew Wright:   Good effort from Wright.
[1]   Bryce Gibbs:   Very good early, he fell out of the game. When we really needed a lift, he couldn’t seem to provide it.
[1]   Patrick Cripps:   Quiet early, but had a huge 3rd quarter. Ran out of gas a bit near the end as well, but he had more clearances than the rest of our team.
[0.5]   Marc Murphy:   Not his best game, but he kept going until the end.
[0.5]   Sam Kerridge:   His least effective game in our colours, but he kept going and he worked hard.
[0.5]   Zach Tuohy:   Solid in defence

Honourable Mentions:
Nick Graham:   OK, but made more mistakes then he has for a while.
Kade Simpson:   Simmo had a lot of the ball, but just wasn’t as effective as he has been. He also made more mistakes than he would prefer.
Dale Thomas:   Looked good in patches, but he dropped out of the game.
Blaine Boekhorst:   Looked very good early, but he really dropped out of the game and looked very unfit in the last quarter.
Matthew Kreuzer:   Worked hard, managed to get a fair few taps, but just didn’t have the impact we needed. He took 1 mark for the night.

Are you taking the piss?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Team - E

5 - Weitering
4 - E. curnow
3 - Docherty
2 - Wright
1 - Cripps

Reply #18
Team D-

4 - Weitering
4 - E. Curnow
3 - Docherty
2 - Simpson
2 - Wright

Statistically, you could argue Cripps, Kerridge, Tuohy and Gibbs all deserved votes. But if I deduct points for playing lame, delivering turnovers and being non-committal they all loose points.

Some negative votes;

Buckley -3
Tuohy -2
Gibbs -1
Whiley -1

The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
5 Weitering
4 E  Curnow
3 Doc
2 Cripps
1 Wright

Reply #20
5. Curnow E
4. Weitering
3. Docherty
2. Wright
1. Gibbs

Reply #21
Team - E

E Curnow - 5
Weitering - 4
Docherty - 3
C Curnow - 2
Cripps - 1

Reply #22
Team E

5 Weitering
3 E Curnow
3 Doc
2 Cripps
1 C Curnow
1 2E
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
Team = D

[4]   Jacob Weitering
[3]   Ed Curnow
[2]   Kade Simpson
[1]   Sam Docherty
[1]   Ciaran Byrne
[1]   Bryce Gibbs
[1]   Patrick Cripps
[1]   Sam Kerridge
[1]   Zach Tuohy

Reply #24
Team: E

5 - Weitering
4 - E Curnow
3 - Docherty
2 - Cripps
1 - Gibbs
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
Are you taking the piss?
No. I'm not even on illegal substances. I leave those to those wearing red and black or white and black.
Feel free to disagree, but those are my thoughts.

Note my comments: guys like Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer, Jamison, Thomas, Rowe, etc, are the senior players of our team and should be getting more of the ball and doing their jobs better. Some of these guys did enough to get a mention, but none did what I expect them to deliver each week.
That a 3rd game player, Weitering, and a 2nd game player, Byrne, were in our top 4 players is an indictment of our top players that I'm not happy with.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Team - F

5 - Weitering
4 - E Curnow
3 - Docherty
2 - Wright
1 - Cripps

Reply #27
No. I'm not even on illegal substances. I leave those to those wearing red and black or white and black.
Feel free to disagree, but those are my thoughts.

Note my comments: guys like Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer, Jamison, Thomas, Rowe, etc, are the senior players of our team and should be getting more of the ball and doing their jobs better. Some of these guys did enough to get a mention, but none did what I expect them to deliver each week.
That a 3rd game player, Weitering, and a 2nd game player, Byrne, were in our top 4 players is an indictment of our top players that I'm not happy with.

You gave 10 players votes and gave special mention of another 5 in a game we were smashed in. I do respect your opinion but I think you're being very lenient considering this is a best player award.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Team E

5: Weitering
4: Ed Curnow
3: Docherty
2: Wright
1: Gibbs

Reply #29
Team - F

6 - Weitering
4 - E.Curnow
2 - Docherty
1 - Simpson
1 - C Curnow
1 - Whiley
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!