Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: In game Angst (Read 21815 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: In game Angst

Only a few hours to go, so I thought it would be best to get things ready.

I do have a positive feel about tonight, even though we are far from being favourites. However, I feel the angst from the first bounce to the final siren. Never count your chickens until they are Kentucky Fried and served with chips.

Enjoy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: In game Angst

Reply #1
Only a few hours to go, so I thought it would be best to get things ready.

I do have a positive feel about tonight, even though we are far from being favourites. However, I feel the angst from the first bounce to the final siren. Never count your chickens until they are Kentucky Fried and served with chips.

Enjoy.

Can you hide the post game thread from scrolling through the active topics bar?. Confuses me.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
This is probably a very dumb question Crash, but why do we need to have three separate threads to cover one game? Wouldn't be easier and less work for you to have just one, to cover all aspects of a game? Just asking.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
This is probably a very dumb question Crash, but why do we need to have three separate threads to cover one game? Wouldn't be easier and less work for you to have just one, to cover all aspects of a game? Just asking.

Nothing worse than coming home from a game and having to read in game posts given some of the stuff that's posted in there  ;)

Reply #4
It isn't a dumb question at all. It was one of the questions I had when I joined many years ago.
I presumed the reason was so that people didn't have to scroll through large threads to find relevant information. Also the tone of the threads were often quite different.
I took it to be a decision made in the past, a long time tradition.

Please feel free to ask the Sheik - as one of the originals, he would have been party to the decision.

Myself, I am quite comfortable with the idea. I scroll carefully as not to get the wrong thread.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
It isn't a dumb question at all. It was one of the questions I had when I joined many years ago.
I presumed the reason was so that people didn't have to scroll through large threads to find relevant information. Also the tone of the threads were often quite different.
I took it to be a decision made in the past, a long time tradition.

Please feel free to ask the Sheik - as one of the originals, he would have been party to the decision.

Myself, I am quite comfortable with the idea. I scroll carefully as not to get the wrong thread.

OK, thanks mate.

Reply #6
Nothing worse than coming home from a game and having to read in game posts given some of the stuff that's posted in there  ;)

LOL.

Reply #7
Casboult needs the be nicknamed "Ernie". Missed an easy one after a great mark. Fk!

Reply #8
Unfortunately.. From that first minute we are crying for a Key Forward.. no one to kick too

Reply #9
Love cripps but why won't he run. Doesn't get out of second gear.

Reply #10
Got sort that ridiculous deliberate out of bounds interpretation. Where else could be go? Right now any kick near the boundary line is considered deliberate. Idiot rulemakers, idiot umpires!

Reply #11
Curnow's mark was sick.

Reply #12
Love cripps but why doesn't he refuse to run. Doesn't get out of second gear.

Carrying a bad corky.

Not a terrible start, let's see what the second quarter brings.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
Seriously if we could just get a 10% improvement in our finishing we could actually win this.
Sam Rowe. I have no words