Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 22755 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #30
Had no trouble kicking goals a few seasons back. Apparently we needed to work on our defense.

Reply #31
we need to stop giving away stupid free kicks

Reply #32
I'm prepared to cut Plowman and Sumner some slack because it's their first week back and they're under done.

As for the likes of Gibbs, Thomas et al.  they can F right off.  They ran out of excuses long ago.  Not fit enough.  Not committed enough.  Not good enough.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
All I want to see is a proper running game. Get ahead of the ball, create space. We'd kick a few more goals and make skills easier in space. We'd cough up a few the other way but I prefer to lose a high scorer than this stagnant horrible crap!!! First thing a side should bee taught, then blend the rest of it in as we develop. What we have now is pure compete and utter crap.

Reply #34
The best kind of pressure is scoreboard pressure.

Until we can get our blokes to kick some goals, and that definitely includes the lump wearing #41, we are going nowhere.

7-0 free kick count this quarter with 4 minutes remaining. We are the zero.
Don't think we can completely blame the forwards for this. It has to get near them first. Then it has to get near them in a way that isn't a meaningless long bomb to 3 on 1 contest.
Of course kicking goals on the rare occasions we have a shot wouldn't hurt.

Reply #35
Great to see Byrne making his mark, C Currnow has show bit for the future, but will take time. Unfortunate about McKay think he would have been out there as well. Some nice signs , but picked up to many second rate players in one hit, will slow down the development

Reply #36
Cripps is having a shocker. Gibbs is playing at half pace. Rowe lacks the grit needed by a KDP.

Turnovers!!!!!!!

Weiters is all class. Charlies having a dip.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #37
we need to stop giving away stupid free kicks
Actually I think the umpires need to stop giving stupid free kicks. We're clearly the lesser team tonight anyway, the dogs don't need any additional help.

Reply #38
If Cripps is injured, give him a rest.

If Gibbs is going at half rat power, drop him.

Reply #39

I'm at the game and this is utter crape.

Mick is coaching tonight. Identical to early last year.

No system going forward and refusing to move the ball early even when there's space if it means going inboard. What hope do we give kicking a half reasonable score when we constantly go to the boundary.

Gibbs and Murphy are finished. Will never amount to anything.

Reply #40
Don't think we can completely blame the forwards for this. It has to get near them first. Then it has to get near them in a way that isn't a meaningless long bomb to 3 on 1 contest.
Of course kicking goals on the rare occasions we have a shot wouldn't hurt.

Like I said, Jaksch and Jones will literally beg to stay in the NBs where the ball properly comes into the 50...lol. Like who'd want be be a forward at Carlton.

Reply #41
Actually I think the umpires need to stop giving stupid free kicks. We're clearly the lesser team tonight anyway, the dogs don't need any additional help.

In terms of player development the umps may actually be doing us a favor and teaching our kids how to play smarter.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
In terms of player development the umps may actually be doing us a favor and teaching our kids how to play smarter.

No they're not, they're fkn cheating.

Reply #43
The doggies have gotten a dream umpiring run against us since ... forever.

Reply #44
Like I said, Jaksch and Jones will literally beg to stay in the NBs where the ball properly comes into the 50...lol. Like who'd want be be a forward at Carlton.

They need to play , we need more size up forward to stop easy marks being taken by opposition defenders.....Philips and Kruezer are next to useless down forward and Casboult get too much pressure as we have no other options...
Umpiring is woeful...