Skip to main content
Topic: Collins (Read 18740 times) previous topic - next topic

Collins

just watched the jumper presentations to "the plow" and "hot sumner". Geoff Southby to the plow, Collo to Sumner,

Why is Ian Collins presenting jumpers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Collins

Reply #2

Ian Collins wore number 19 and presented it to Sumner.

Geoff Southby wore number 20 and presented it to Lachie Plowman.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
He's a former premiership player. 1968. Played 149 games. Imagine that's the reason.

He used the club to further his career when it was on it's knees. Promised the world, got what he wanted and moved on. Didn't even bother to show up to the handover. He's as un-Carlton as you can get. A walking dogs act if you will.

@CIMM

Could not agree more.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
He used the club to further his career when it was on it's knees. Promised the world, got what he wanted and moved on. Didn't even bother to show up to the handover. He's as un-Carlton as you can get. A walking dogs act if you will.

@CIMM

Could not agree more.

Yes, there's that too.

Reply #6

Because collo is a premiership player, brilliant carlton administrator and former president. ...if trigg and the judge had any sense they should be chewing his ear getting up to speed with carlton and how to run the club properly...

Reply #7

@CIMM

Could not agree more.

You must think john elliott should still be president

Reply #8
You must think john elliott should still be president

Probably not given how it ended and how he left our club but we did play in 5 Grand Finals during his era for 2 flags. I'd take that.Led the club brilliantly for a decade or more, fk'ed it up big time at the end.

Reply #9
Probably not given how it ended and how he left our club but we did play in 5 Grand Finals during his era for 2 flags. I'd take that.Led the club brilliantly for a decade or more, fk'ed it up big time at the end.

Collo kicked out elliott who had to be removed. For that collo saved carlton. ..we were insolvent under elliott and mathieson wanted to hand the keys back to wipe off the debt but collo sent us to etihad for the cash we needed to stay solvent..collo told the players to take a pay.cut to save the club....note.pratt was no where to be seen during this point. ..

Reply #10
Collo kicked out elliott who had to be removed. For that collo saved carlton. ..we were insolvent under elliott and mathieson wanted to hand the keys back to wipe off the debt but collo sent us to etihad for the cash we needed to stay solvent..collo told the players to take a pay.cut to save the club....note.pratt was no where to be seen during this point. ..

I tend to agree.  Collo made the hard decisions that had to be made to save the club . . . and he was a tough premiership player.  If Sumner is half as good as Collo he will be a good pick up.

I think that it is really good that the club is bringing back past greats to present jumpers.  It was a nice touch for Robert Walls to slip a note into Tuohy's locker to congratulate him on getting his name painted on it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I tend to agree too DJC.
Collo was one of the hardest players ever to pull on the navy blue jumper.
As a president he had some extremely hard decisions to make, and he is one of the main reasons we still have a football club today.
Good to see him back at the club.

Good to see Geoff Southby there too.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #12
Collo kicked out elliott who had to be removed. For that collo saved carlton. ..we were insolvent under elliott and mathieson wanted to hand the keys back to wipe off the debt but collo sent us to etihad for the cash we needed to stay solvent..collo told the players to take a pay.cut to save the club....note.pratt was no where to be seen during this point.

How did he save us??? We are still forked remember and we are still at Etihad. The only people that disagree are those who loved him as a player. Take the bias out of it and he's a walking dogs act AFAIC.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
I tend to agree.  Collo made the hard decisions that had to be made to save the club . . . and he was a tough premiership player.  If Sumner is half as good as Collo he will be a good pick up.

I think that it is really good that the club is bringing back past greats to present jumpers.  It was a nice touch for Robert Walls to slip a note into Tuohy's locker to congratulate him on getting his name painted on it.
Agree DJC. I went to the SOC Lunch during the Ess NAB game at PP. Collo (along with Sticks) were walking around like rockstars. Only Big Nic commanded more respect in that room. Some of the crape written about the likes of Collo and Sticks is bewildering. They made decisions under extenuating circumstances which they thought were in the best interests of the CFC.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
How did he save us??? We are still forked remember and we are still at Etihad. The only people that disagree are those who loved him as a player. Take the bias out of it and he's a walking dogs act AFAIC.

we  were "forked" in your words by john elliott and his useless board and his NCA issues - he was cause of the collapse of carlton...not collo...

carlton must do more to thank collo as a great carlton man he was and still is...

i agree on Princes Park, as I never wanted to leave and want to return and develop PP to a 50K seater stadium, but on balance we had no choice, afl, media right games, ground rationalization - we were so insolvent, the home ground issue at the time was a secondary issue at the time- because of actions of mr john elliott...

again pratt was no where to be seen at this time...