Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: AFL Rd 17; Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG (Read 5171 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: AFL Rd 17; Carlton vs Geelong at the MCG

Reply #30
At the game and as a spectacle this game is sh1thouse.

Playing an extra behind the ball makes for one ugly contest.  Wouldn’t get me watching games live if this was the norm.

Reply #31
At the game and as a spectacle this game is sh1thouse.

Playing an extra behind the ball makes for one ugly contest.  Wouldn’t get me watching games live if this was the norm.

Teague is obviously trying to fix our defence and it comes with a price unfortunately. 

Reply #32
Geelong aren't showing anything special.
I think they may have thought, given our late outs, they just had to go around.
Our effort (apart from a couple of exceptions already mentioned) has been really good.
Still think it's a huge task...but while we keep the effort up we're still 'alive.'

Reply #33
Two bigger spuds than Stanley and Esava you wont find....Geelong cant win the flag with those two numpties.
We have contested well and been as good as the Cats in general, Stewart has had his own ball but apart from that the game is even and we are well in it. Defense has held up well..apart from Rohans speccy they havent taken any marks down forward and Hawkins hasnt touched it. Got lucky Rohan missed two easy ones by his standards but the rest of their forwards have been crap. Few errors creeping in and we need to quicken the game up so Geelong dont have time to settle and deliver because the dam will break eventually as our defenders tire
Someone has to play on Stewart...maybe Setterfield as he has done SFA so far. Be nice if Martin, Betts and Fogarty could impose themselves on the game too. Cripps looks banged up but has battled on well and Walsh has been his usual busy self.
I really want to win this game, Geelong have so many annoying individuals on and off the field.

Reply #34
Ave to make a statement early or we are going to get flogged.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #35
Fantastic endeavour and attitude, BlueBoys. Well done... but, gotta get smarter with aggott in hand. Terrific defensive intent.

Can we keep up, and even up this endeavour?

Funny how when we (only a few blokes) try the corralling they waltz away with the aggott... can't do that v top sides. Hit the body.

If we'd played with this intent for most of the season, goodness knows where'd we be.

What a challenge the 2nd half presents... who'll be the first to wilt under this pressure? Mmm... I fear the same thing.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
Bloody hell !

Reply #37
This is driving me to distraction.

1 fk 12!!!

Reply #38
Is that for real?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #39
Game over
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #40
Now they are scoring goals. We're about to drop our bundle in a game we should be 3 goals up.

Reply #41
While we are not the straightest kicks at the best of time this is a new Carlton way to fk up!

Reply #42
There's only so long you can keep up such intensity without scoreboard reward.

Pussycats with their tails up now...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #43
1.13!

Reply #44
Cripps hobbling.