Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - Contract Dispute (Read 8917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW - Contract Dispute

Reply #45
Don't know about that, but she clearly has a conflict of interest, as do most of those making critical statements about the rebels!

No surprises Dangerfield is in the gun, this bloke is the most self-serving administrator I've seen in decades, he makes Narcissus look like a teenage self-mutilator!

PS; Is that a good tactic for Carlton fans next time we play against the Handbaggers, bring a bunch of mirrors?

You wont see another female footballer commentating on men's footy (maybe Erin Phillips once).

Daisy just wants to continue building the platform to support her media work.

Don't get me wrong.  I think the girls deserve their fair share.  Where I get sketchy is whether or not they have developed the game to warrant getting a bigger piece of the pie yet.

You can take it to the bank that currently there is no one doing better out of womens footy than Daisy Pearce.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #46
Don't get me wrong.  I think the girls deserve their fair share.  Where I get sketchy is whether or not they have developed the game to warrant getting a bigger piece of the pie yet.

I think that is fundamentally the problem, they are doing as much hard work as any but they don't get the reward, and the game is yet to clearly deliver a positive return to base an increase on. At this stage they earn about the same as good suburban footballers, and relatively on average they attract similar crowds to VFL or SANFL.

In reality this pauper situation is the same for any and every pioneer in any field of human endeavor, which makes the current situation feel a little bit like sour grapes, the cart before the horse, and any number of other allegories!

When I posted early, about the perceived way the AFLW players turned on each other, it was partially a commentary about this very issue we write about now. There is some hypocrisy in the comments from Daisy and a couple of others who are currently indirectly on the gravy train, and they don't want it derailed, I can't blame them, but maybe they just have to suck it up and take one for the team!

As an aside, you won't see Danger doing that, taking one for the AFLPA team, not in any public or private endeavour you hear or read about. It seems to be why the girls have fired up about his comments or lack of comments and action. Which makes his own claims of personal sacrifice and pay cuts seem even more dubious! Because the very suggestion clearly flies in the face of all his other publicly exposed narcissistic behaviours. So where and how is he making up this claimed sacrificial shortfall in what he could otherwise earn?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
You won't see Danger doing that??

Didn't he sell Charlie down the river a couple of times in stead of backing him up as AFLPA pres should do?

I think there is plenty of to and fro from the men, but they are a little more 'media savvy' about it....more subtle. They've had more training.

@ Thry.....Abbie Holmes has a gig commentating as well.

Reply #48
You won't see Danger doing that??

Didn't he sell Charlie down the river a couple of times in stead of backing him up as AFLPA pres should do?

You need to read the whole paragraph before you post, I've re-organised it so you don't have to jump to an erroneous conclusion!
The Force Awakens!