[ 0 ] (0%)
I'm a bit each way
[ 7 ] (50%)
Yuk, nothing of the sort!
[ 1 ] (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Topic: Tea or Coffee (Read 2538 times) previous topic - next topic

Tea or Coffee

Now I know I've run this poll before, a long time back on the old site, but I think it was time to update peoples preferences and see if things have changed for any of us as all things do. Plus it adds a little levity to an otherwise boring trade period and concluded US election.

I myself have been a swinging door over the years, as a young person tea, then coffee(maybe due to more money to waste on half drank cappuccino), then tea again before now a bit of both.

My daily ritual is a mocha(moka) bean based double espresso, maybe with a second one some days, all before mid-morning. No more milk or other such additives for me, just plain good quality coffee with a precise crema.

After that it's tea, black or green, select varieties as a lunch or workplace drink, Sri Lankan small leaf, Jasmine, Sencha, plain old good quality green. Can't say I've ever been a fan of Earl Grey or English Breakfast, I'm not a fan of anything too flowery either like those Bergamot blends or Chinese teas that look more like last weekend's garden pruning. I'm not afraid of that nutty flavour you get from some nice roasted rice or sesame seeds in some Asian blends, with good quality Sushi nothing else seems to fit!

For those of you with a savoury bent, but not tea fans or otherwise trying to avoid caffeine, bitter buckwheat tea is quite a nice change up. But it's very hard to get good quality locally, and you need to like that nutty flavour.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Tea or Coffee

Reply #1
If I have a coffee, I have to follow it with a Valium or report to hospital! Yep, triggers my PTSD really badly... full on panic, bordering on adrenalin poisoning!

So... low caffeine tea,  Madura, thank you... black, no sugar.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Espresso or doppio ristretto in the morning, no sugar, and no other caffeine based beverage for the rest of the day.

Reply #3
2 x Long blacks each and every morning. No sugar.
Since WFH started it's been 2x Nespresso Pod Long blacks No7 or higher. Love it.

Reply #4
Espresso or doppio ristretto in the morning, no sugar, and no other caffeine based beverage for the rest of the day.
A good Ristretto accompanied with some suitable good quality small correction fluid(resentin) is a post dinner must in Lygon St, usually after a nice squid ink linguine or veal scallopine wrapped in a Barolo, then a ristretto and grappa. Possibly, when the panic dies away, this will be our first outing since COVID!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
If I have a coffee, I have to follow it with a Valium or report to hospital! Yep, triggers my PTSD really badly... full on panic, bordering on adrenalin poisoning!
Shizen I'd find myself on a seesaw very quickly, coffee / correction fluid / coffee / correction fluid. :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Tea if I am at home but if out I go a coffee....family are all coffee drinkers.

Reply #7
I used to get lattes with two sugars,  as it required some effort to make for my $ I was paying.   I then got told that I needed to get some blood back into my sugar so reverted easily to long blacks - my favourite.

Two long blacks in the morning, and a third for arvo tea.  Two for the day if one is from a Cafe  as they are typically stronger than home made.

Tea is for Chinese restaurants which are frequented regularly.  Odd occasion I will have peppermint tea.

Reply #8
I nearly always make myself a flat white in the morning and I may have another coffee if I'm dining out.

Afternoon smoko is generally tea; usually black tea but occasionally green or herbal.

I just bought a bag of locally-roasted whisky infused coffee beans.  Flat whites made with those beans are reminiscent of the Irish Coffees of my early 20s  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
I just bought a bag of locally-roasted whisky infused coffee beans.  Flat whites made with those beans are reminiscent of the Irish Coffees of my early 20s  :)
There's a 70s moment, Irish Coffee in glass goblets post dinner, red glass maybe? :o

In my experience it's a drink that looks simple but is devilishly difficult to get just right, so I just gave up and had a coffee and cognac instead!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
4-5 espressos every day, slightly longer shot that usual, no sugar, no grappa. Am using Coffee Mio Arabica (local roaster just around the corner)  beans in my Jura machine, love it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Have not had a tea or coffee this century and am in no hurry too.

Reply #12
Japanese green tea. 

Reply #13
Coffee is a mild laxative and diuretic. On match day, sculling a few coffees ensures you can run onto the ground without worrying about toilet stops.

Reply #14
4-5 espressos every day, slightly longer shot that usual, no sugar, no grappa. Am using Coffee Mio Arabica (local roaster just around the corner)  beans in my Jura machine, love it.

2 espressos a day for me. About 4 on the weekend.
Vittoria Mountain grown beans when they're half price at Coles which is often.

Wanted to buy  a Jura but the wife wouldn't let me spend more that much.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!