Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd : Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 23656 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd : Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #75
It was good to hear Bolts acknowledging the contributions of Amos, Barker, Bruce and Teague.

He also mentioned LoGiudice, Liddle, Lloyd and SOS and emphasised that it is a collective effort.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
The difference today -= we rolled the dice a bit but more importantly, we moved the ball quickly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #77
Interesting reading on the heatmap looking at running stats.
LOB, whom I didn't rate today, shows his talents.
He reached top speed for the game, ahead of Johansson. No mean feat. He's also up there in other measures. Perhaps it's a time thing where we need to tweak how he can incorporate his running prowess into his role.

Guess who was number 1 in distance covered...????
None other than our newest number 1. Wow Walshy, just wow.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Actually LOB, Murphy, Walshy, and Gibbons ran their butts off.
Murphy ran 3.3km at top speed, ahead of the pack. Not bad for an old fella.
The hard running by multiple players really contributed to the result I believe.  Maybe we're seeing early reward from the high performance guru Jack.
Henry Ford.

Reply #79
Adding Setterfield, Curnow, Cunningham and Williamson back into the team over the next 2 weeks - where do you fit them all?

Polson / LOB will go out but Casboult is undroppable on that performance. Gibbons is absolutely priceless. He must have run +15km today.

Goddard / Macreadie / Stocker / Lang / Garlett / Fasolo / Polson ready to go backups. A win and a bunch returning from injury - all of a sudden things look infinitely better.

BTW - Fasolo is miles behind SOS based on this weekend. Fas's body looks completely shot to me.

Reply #80
Actually LOB, Murphy, Walshy, and Gibbons ran their butts off.
Murphy ran 3.3km at top speed, ahead of the pack. Not bad for an old fella.
The hard running by multiple players really contributed to the result I believe.  Maybe we're seeing early reward from the high performance guru Jack.

Don't want to turn this moment into a Murphy bash at all but jeeeeez he frustrates me to watch. Deep in the last quarter everyone is still battling their guts out - he's already clearly switched off mentally. We've done enough to win so I'll start to cheat out the back and throw a few millionaire kicks in.

It only annoyed me because I was so keen for us to kick 100+ but it was so obvious. One forward 50 entry he just threw the ball onto his boot - went absolutely nowhere near his target. Under limited pressure it just illustrated that he was done for the day and couldn't care less. I'm glad he ran hard today but a good player just wouldn't do that.

Reply #81
I thought you could hear a pin drop when Dow was lining up on 94 then a collective groan of disappointment when he missed, then the roar when Walsh kicked us to 101 drowned out the siren

Reply #82
The difference today -= we rolled the dice a bit but more importantly, we moved the ball quickly.

Kicked the ball better, made better decisions...Bulldogs were woeful and turned the footy over a lot but you can only beat what they put out there.
Having a genuine target playing like Buddy helped too, had to laugh when Harry found himself on Caleb Daniel.. was our day and everything went our way
but we need to backup and beat the Hawks next week to show it was more than a false dawn.

Reply #83
Don't want to turn this moment into a Murphy bash at all but jeeeeez he frustrates me to watch. Deep in the last quarter everyone is still battling their guts out - he's already clearly switched off mentally. We've done enough to win so I'll start to cheat out the back and throw a few millionaire kicks in.

Given his age and how hard he ran for the whole game, perhaps "deep in the last quarter" he was rooted ?

Just saying.

Reply #84
Kicked the ball better, made better decisions...Bulldogs were woeful and turned the footy over a lot but you can only beat what they put out there.
Having a genuine target playing like Buddy helped too, had to laugh when Harry found himself on Caleb Daniel.. was our day and everything went our way

Yes, just one of those days when it all went perfectly.

Reply #85

It only annoyed me because I was so keen for us to kick 100+ but it was so obvious. One forward 50 entry he just threw the ball onto his boot - went absolutely nowhere near his target. Under limited pressure it just illustrated that he was done for the day and couldn't care less. I'm glad he ran hard today but a good player just wouldn't do that.

While I'm so engrossed in the stats ????
Gibbons covered 14.4km, average speed of 9.5kph

Overall picture though is... more if our players ran further, faster, for longer. Interesting that Marchy was up with the highest no. of sprints. He followed Hayes (debutant), Ed, Daisy if you please, and LOB.

It's a bit if fun till the replay is available ????
Henry Ford.

Reply #86

Wasnt as bad as The Dow kick in the last quarter, had to hit a target on the run about 15m and missed by a mile....be a real good player if he could kick well...
Murphy will and is being phased out by Fisher, Walsh and SPS who are doing the heavy lifting now, he is still handy as a running mid but is more of a plan B rotation than
a main act.

Reply #87
Adding Setterfield, Curnow, Cunningham and Williamson back into the team over the next 2 weeks - where do you fit them all?

Bugger it, we'll just play 25...lol.

Reply #88
Wasnt as bad as The Dow kick in the last quarter, had to hit a target on the run about 15m and missed by a mile....be a real good player if he could kick well...
Murphy will and is being phased out by Fisher, Walsh and SPS who are doing the heavy lifting now, he is still handy as a running mid but is more of a plan B rotation than
a main act.

Dow misses those kicks in the first quarter also.

The point was more a mental application point of view. Murphy doesn't have a killer instinct. That need to crush the opposition not just take the foot off as early as possible. Costs us in close games. And just generally p!sses me off.

Reply #89
While I'm so engrossed in the stats ????
Gibbons covered 14.4km, average speed of 9.5kph

Overall picture though is... more if our players ran further, faster, for longer. Interesting that Marchy was up with the highest no. of sprints. He followed Hayes (debutant), Ed, Daisy if you please, and LOB.

It's a bit if fun till the replay is available ????

I'd guess there aren't too many forward pockets in the AFL running 14-15km every week.

Gibbons is vital. Great to see him get a goal too.