Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 38200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #45
We had two quality players missing today in Murphy and Docherty, players of their calibre leave a big hole in a bottom side, but there's no way that they can be the difference between where we are and where we need to be.
We need to inject two or three quality kids and a couple of ready made players not of the Kerridge, Lamb, Phillips variety.
Easier said than done.

Agree.

Don’t forget the loss of Gibbs too. Yes he never liked the hard ball but no disputing that Gibbs, Murphy and Doc are clean footballers who usually make good decisions and execute it well.

With those 3 out its no wonder we gone backwards this year.

What were we expecting. Who has come in that are in their level? I will tell you. None!

Our senior core remaining are by and large average to poor ball users by foot. Can draft as many first rounders as we like but will stay a bottom team until we replace the bulk of these sorts off our list.

Reply #46
First 1/4 he was quiet... but he had 21 mates

I didn't mean to crap on him but he was well beaten when it counted.
 Fyfe v Cripps was a first quarter KO for the docker.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #47
Agree.

Don’t forget the loss of Gibbs too. Yes he never liked the hard ball but no disputing that Gibbs, Murphy and Doc are clean footballers who usually make good decisions and execute it well.

With those 3 out its no wonder we gone backwards this year.

What were we expecting. Who has come in that are in their level? I will tell you. None!

Our senior core remaining are by and large average to poor ball users by foot. Can draft as many first rounders as we like but will stay a bottom team until we replace the bulk of these sorts off our list.

Fair post Shawny.

Reply #48
I didn't mean to crap on him but he was well beaten when it counted.
 Fyfe v Cripps was a first quarter KO for the docker.

Yes, Fyfe has been in the doldrums for a season or two, but has bounced back to career best form this year. Has the experience and backup that Cripps doesn't have, so I guess Crippa was always going to come off second best in their duel.

Reply #49
Weitering played like a C grader today. No poise, no skill....

Fly..I said he was ok ...true he wasnt great but he needs some direction down back which he isnt getting....made some mistakes with poor kicks and a couple of half ar$ed contests but he also played in front at times and took a couple of good marks.
He isnt back to what he was but we have more problems than him to worry about and I reckon we look top heavy down back and our lack of small defenders is hurting us with the obvious one being Docherty out.

Reply #50
Bruise free footy yet again, but what do you expect when the players you have in prime mover positions are SPS, Fisher, Dow & O'Brien. All light weights who are unable to put any physical pressure on seasoned players.

Kerridge missed his foot 3 times when trying to kick, Casboult let several player waltz away from him, Cripps will only run one way has very little interest in chasing a player, Wright is unable to chase, Ed Curnow was putrid in the first half, as was Rowe, nice dropped mark that gave them an easy goal. Lamb yet again did a very good impression of the invisible man, Thomas meh, and I'm sick of Kruezer trying to kick the ball of the ground and for it to come off the side on boot and go straight to an opposition player, bend down and pick it up and if that's not possible shepherd for one of our smalls who are there.

That first half was putrid, these are AFL players who cannot handball to a moving target, cannot make the decision that kicking to a young forward with two players on him is a bad idea and is there no talking out there?

Kerr should be dropped for looking at Kreuzer then turning his back, he has not earned the right to do that and then to miss everything just showed that he's not capable. Harry McKay gets dropped for some reason yet we have Kerr who has the manoeuvrability of the QE2 and the starting speed of it as wekk. Harry is 204 and quick play him FFS.

For the first time I'm thinking Bolton may not be the coach for us, we used to be hard to score against now roll up roll up to get easy scores.

Reply #51
Yes, Fyfe has been in the doldrums for a season or two, but has bounced back to career best form this year. Has the experience and backup that Cripps doesn't have, so I guess Crippa was always going to come off second best in their duel.

Fyfe is top shelf, it's no disgrace to be beaten by him.
Kane Lucas or Nat Fyfe?
If only. ????
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #52
Just on H McKay I thought he was being managed. Was he seriously omitted?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #53
Fyfe is top shelf, it's no disgrace to be beaten by him.
Kane Lucas or Nat Fyfe?
If only. ????

Yes agree. No shame on Cripps at all. Has carried the inside mids this whole season.

Reply #54
Well, that wasn’t the result I was hoping for for my first live game this season ????

I won’t say anything about the game yet - I need to gather my thoughts - and I would like to focus on off-field issues.

First of all, it was my first train trip to the footy from Geelong and the service, particularly the customer service, was first class.

The social club was the same as always; not great but OK, and I caught up with two cousins; part of my extended family of Carlton supporters.

I got to my seat on the second level; a position that provides a great view of the ground and the plays that are unfolding.  Well, it would if folk could take their seat before quarters start and don’t have to get past me several times each quarter for drinks, snacks and toilet breaks ????

I went to the Victory Room at half time and caught up with some mates over a couple of beers.  Then it was back to applauding our resurgence ????

I then went to the post-game function and listened to the great man Kouta talk about what he hopes for our players and confess that he is only interested in soccer once every four years.

What struck me in all of that is that there is a tangible positive vibe among supporters, despite a woeful on-field performance.  Andy Lee remarked that thought he would be talking to an empty room but the post-game function was packed and members are clearly looking for long term, sustained success and have moved on from the focus on immediate success that got us into the state we’re in.

I guess the big unknown is this...those supporters in the rooms and those that gave the boys encouragement as they walked off the field at the end of the game are hard core rusted on supporters of the approach the club is taking.

If that's representative of the general Carlton supporter...no problem.
But is it?

How many of those were booing the team at half time?...
How many more left at half time?
How many turned off the TV and went shopping?
Even in here among the faithful...how many are wavering after that first half performance?

Reply #55

He's not playing anywhere this week as he's apparently ill.

Reply #56
We can if we give Jones a roving role
Let him create his chaos all over the field and give him some time in the ruck as well.

Yep, don't understand why Jones isn't being used to punch some chaos into our F50, and he's is capable of chasing and tackling!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
Interesting tweet from Rhys Palmer today:

"Everyone talks about draft picks and developing youth but no one ever talks about culture...."
That hurts, especially from Rhys Palmer.

I knew nothing of what happened today until it was over: I was with my daughter at a dancing contest in Kyabram. It wasn't pleasant, but to find out that the team may as well have been with me is terrible.

And here I have been feeling that we've been on the right path for the last couple of seasons and we do this rubbish. It looks like we have gone nowhere.

I don't know if 'culture' is our problem. It is not something that is easy to measure. But I want to see a culture at Carlton like the Swans have. We cannot accept mediocrity.
We have had a number of top coaches go through our ranks and not one has made an impression. There has to be a reason for that. It is about time we dealt with it and dealt with it properly.

We need to look at the coaching staff. Again. This year we have lacked far too much and we have to fix this. I had a lot of time for Bolton, but he has to take some responsibility for the rubbish we are producing.

We need a new ruckman, one who is going to win us a flag. Too many of our rucks are going nowhere.

We need more good mids to give Cripps a hand or will lose him.

We need some spirit and desire out there on the field.

What we are producing is simply not acceptable.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #58
I guess the big unknown is this...those supporters in the rooms and those that gave the boys encouragement as they walked off the field at the end of the game are hard core rusted on supporters of the approach the club is taking.

If that's representative of the general Carlton supporter...no problem.
But is it?

How many of those were booing the team at half time?...
How many more left at half time?
How many turned off the TV and went shopping?
Even in here among the faithful...how many are wavering after that first half performance?

The biggest problem is, how many kids are being inspired to barrack for Carlton?
I worry about our membership numbers five years from now, we've already been left behind.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #59

Of course he was omitted, he was rubbish.

204cm and took 0 marks in his last game, never more than 6 in any one week and feck all contested marks, just sh1t out the back rubbish! Then bitching like a cut snake if he didn't get a Joe the Goose!

But it's not his fault, look who his teacher is, 200cm of jumping imbecile who never takes the front position and only hurts opponents when the game is done and dusted!
The Force Awakens!