Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 38218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #105
Hard to find positives today but thought SPS worked very hard both ways across the ground and never gave up.

Liked his game.

Probably his best game for the year but I cannot accept that he worked hard both ways.

If he doesn't get the ball on his terms, he allows his opponent to run downfield to create an overlap or loose player and he just jogs along behind (if that).

Very skillful player but he hasn't improved since last season is is a lazy player.

Reply #106

I think that we're ruining Weitering, he doesn't know where he fits or what he's supposed to be doing, he should be playing on the best opposition forward week in and week out.

I don't think he is good enough to play man-on-man

Reply #107
Bruise free footy yet again, but what do you expect when the players you have in prime mover positions are SPS, Fisher, Dow & O'Brien. All light weights who are unable to put any physical pressure on seasoned players. Too true

Kerridge missed his foot 3 times when trying to kick, Casboult let several player waltz away from him, Cripps will only run one way has very little interest in chasing a player, Wright is unable to chase, Ed Curnow was putrid in the first half, as was Rowe, nice dropped mark that gave them an easy goal. Lamb yet again did a very good impression of the invisible man, Thomas meh, and I'm sick of Kruezer trying to kick the ball of the ground and for it to come off the side on boot and go straight to an opposition player, bend down and pick it up and if that's not possible shepherd for one of our smalls who are there. Hard to argue and I don't want to

That first half was putrid, these are AFL players who cannot handball to a moving target, cannot make the decision that kicking to a young forward with two players on him is a bad idea and is there no talking out there?

For the first time I'm thinking Bolton may not be the coach for us, we used to be hard to score against now roll up roll up to get easy scores.

Reply #108

Agree....intercept player only at this stage IMO, took some better marks but also failed to compete well enough at times....

Reply #109
I don't want to see Lamb,  Kerridge, Casboult or Graham in our colours again.   They contribute little of positive value and their mistakes and basic skill errors are toxic.  

Lamb is not a defender except when playing as a defensive forward - dumb selection.

Regrettably, Kerridge has been one of our better players in recent weeks.

Casboult was an embarrassment today.

Graham has been dropped after better games than he played today so I will be shocked if he gets another game - then again, with our MC, who can say?

Reply #111
I'm prepared to give Casboult a "get out of Gaol free" card just for this week.

First game back after a five week break into a side that was being mauled and it was probably a bit difficult for him to have much of an impact.

Reply #112
If he doesn't get the ball on his terms, he allows his opponent to run downfield to create an overlap or loose player and he just jogs along behind (if that).

This could be just about any player wearing navy blue yesterday (or this season)

At stoppages and contested marking contests we seem to set up in ways that our boys are all standing together and leaving the opposition unattended. When the ball spills the opposition move together and break in numbers. We just turn and start jogging back to leave it to the next layer of defenders to deal with. Hardly anyone chases with the intensity needed to stop the easy ball movement.

Worse still is our defensive tactic of guarding space. The opposition just work harder to either lead into space for the mark or create the overlapping run that breaks through as we don't chase down hard enough or stay in the contest long enough. When we do chase, its like 3 guys converge on the ball carrier rather than stay with a player who is going to be the next link in the chain.

I know we're young will make mistakes. But these sort of tactical and behavioural shortfalls are where you start to question the coaches and their game plan.

Reply #113
The issue isn't si much about playing ability it's the complete and utter total lack of effort by the side.  Why did this happen? Aak the coach.

You can have an all time great side but if they completely and utterly lack effort they get smashed.

Over to the coach to get them up.

Reply #114
I don't want to see Lamb,  Kerridge, Casboult or Graham in our colours again.   They contribute little of positive value and their mistakes and basic skill errors are toxic.   Casboult.... Seriously,  when is this 200 CM stack of worm food going to move in any manner befitting a forward, or even make some physical impact on a game.  Play the bootstudders dog,  but please, please not these clowns anymore.

Why is our list bereft of rebounding defenders?  Were you asleep last draft period SoS?   It's football 2018 not 1918.

Weeters really worries me.   We took a quality young player and stuffed him. Trade him,  if he has any value left.

Our "future midfield" supposedly includes Dow,  SPS,  o'Brien and Fisher.   Why so many midgets and jockeys SoS?  Why do our kids lag so far behind other clubs'in output and impact. Why do they all appear "soft" in contests????

I'm bloody angry and I want answers,  meaningful explanations, not the glib cliches that BB has thrown around for 2 1/2 years.   Put up or piss off Bolton,  we supporters and members have had a gutful.  

Why single those four out? That's rubbish - Rowe, Cripps, both Curnows also equally inept displays of skill/decision making. And Weiters too.

Did Bolts get the team on Mogadon before first bounce? They were - all 18 of them - as flat as tacks.... their collective decision making was on that benchmark.

Darcy Lang? Entirely invisible since his return....etc etc.

Casboult simply shouldn't have played first up after a 5-6 week injury - another dumb MC decision.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #115
Probably his best game for the year but I cannot accept that he worked hard both ways.

Very skillful player but he hasn't improved since last season is is a lazy player.

Totally agree, saw it a few times yesterday... jogging after his opponent  ::)

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #116
I'm prepared to give Casboult a "get out of Gaol free" card just for this week.

First game back after a five week break into a side that was being mauled and it was probably a bit difficult for him to have much of an impact.

He's now a 100 game, 7 year player, the sort of player who needs to stand up when the team is under pressure or being badly beaten.
It's high time we stopped making excuses for him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #117

There's only one way to find out and it's not as if we can be beaten more easily if we try it.
Weitering should be the corner stone of our defence for the next decade, if he's not up to the task it's better to find out now.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #118
He's now a 100 game, 7 year player, the sort of player who needs to stand up when the team is under pressure or being badly beaten.
It's high time we stopped making excuses for him.

For that reason we don't have the luxury of bringing him back through the VFL.
If he's fit he has to play...That doesn't mean he's match ready after a five week break.
He's been OK for us this year before he was injured.

Reply #119
I think Carlton merchandising should be selling signed commemorative white flags after yesterday's performance.