Skip to main content
Topic: Board change (Read 27687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Board change

Reply #1
I like this. Move in the right direction.

Reply #2
Agree, progressive thinking. More small steps in the right direction it seems.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-has-added-victorian-human-rights-commissioner-kate-jenkins-to-its-board/story-fndv8f7j-1227574695257

For those that don't have access through the original link.
I don't care if she is a man or a woman as long as she is good at what she does on the board.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #4
I thought we were reducing the number of board members?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
I thought we were reducing the number of board members?

Germinder and Fahour not going around again and not being replaced, which takes it from 10 to 8 but this of board members to be ratified by vote on December 22, which I assume is an EGM...or is it the AGM?

Reply #6
I think the EGM is bad and the AGM is normal.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Depending on where you stand of course. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
Not necessarily...it's a necessity if you want to change something like this outside of an AGM.

An EGM is harmless Carrots.

Like you. 8)

Reply #9
Germinder and Fahour not going around again and not being replaced, which takes it from 10 to 8 but this of board members to be ratified by vote on December 22, which I assume is an EGM...or is it the AGM?

Thanks Tribey, so just to be clear, we'll end up witha board of 9, reduced from 10, subject to approval?

Reply #10
Thanks Tribey, so just to be clear, we'll end up witha board of 9, reduced from 10, subject to approval?

It will be a board of 8 if the change is approved at the AGM.  Raphael Geminder and Ahmed Fahour are retiring and Greg Lee retired to provide a place for Kate Jenkins.

I don't know anything about Kate Jenkins but she has an impressive CV, as do our other board members.  Does she bring any particular relevant experience or expertise?  I am assuming that she is not aligned with the board factions, and that has to be a good thing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
It will be a board of 8 if the change is approved at the AGM.  Raphael Geminder and Ahmed Fahour are retiring and Greg Lee retired to provide a place for Kate Jenkins.

I don't know anything about Kate Jenkins but she has an impressive CV, as do our other board members.  Does she bring any particular relevant experience or expertise?  I am assuming that she is not aligned with the board factions, and that has to be a good thing.

Thanks DJC, I just got an email from The Judge outlining the changes. Sounds like we are changing as a club - hopefully it all works out well.

Reply #13
Thanks DJC, I just got an email from The Judge outlining the changes. Sounds like we are changing as a club - hopefully it all works out well.

Are you on his contact list too Cookie?  We must both be special people  ;)

As long as it's change for the better . . .
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
great appointment!
as a human right commissioner, she would understand and sympathize the pain and suffering of tens of thousands of Victorians at the hands of the board.
Her job is to end that suffering and assist in bringing joy that only a long overdue 17th premiership can bring