Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 133384 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #30
When the weakest links are our top shelf blue chip players, then we have big issues.

Murphy GiBBS and Yarran all turned the ball over on our half forward line which resulted in a counter attack and goal.

Clem smith did it once but he's a noob so he's allowed.

4 times 12 point turnarounds.   Add the poor accuracy at times and there is no wonder we lost.

Mind you Richmond are rubbish.   We made them look good tonight.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31

And that's the concern. We'll play like contenders against sides like Geelong (still lose mind you) and then struggle against crap like Richmond.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #32
When the weakest links are our top shelf blue chip players, then we have big issues.

Murphy GiBBS and Yarran all turned the ball over on our half forward line which resulted in a counter attack and goal.

Clem smith did it once but he's a noob so he's allowed.

4 times 12 point turnarounds.   Add the poor accuracy at times and there is no wonder we lost.

Yarran had 4 ineffective disposals from 18 where as Gibbs went at 50%. If you think we lost on the back of 3 players then you're an idiot. It's back to the same old lack of Football smarts. Nobody got to the right position, the ball just fell into the hands of Richmond players, and they just wanted it more. We smashed them in clearances but we just don't work as a team. It's been so obvious for the last 3 years at least.

Reply #33
Did we miss Robbo? I'm thinking yes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34
No we didn't, Gibbs kept kicking it around his body so we effectively had another Robbo out there.

Reply #35
Hehe very funny but I'm thinking we most definitely missed his hardness around the ground, especially when the Tiges got a run on, we lacked a player who was willing to put their body on the line and change the momentum of the game. Bell is like a d-grade Robbo.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
Missed his attack on the ball, didn't miss his crap disposal and lack of intelligence.

Cripps will give us hardness, but a couple of years away.

Reply #37
Missed his attack on the ball, didn't miss his crap disposal and lack of intelligence.

So the players that were there to take his place how did they go? People criticised Robbo but fact is he always won contested ball under pressure. His kicks were always hurried for that very reason.

Cripps will give us hardness, but a couple of years away.

That's in a couple of years but what about now? Do we even have someone out there willing to fly the flag or their mates? Possibly Simon White (who was really good BTW) and that's it! Mick has ripped the heart out of this club and replaced it with emptiness.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
So the players that were there to take his place how did they go? People criticised Robbo but fact is he always won contested ball under pressure. His kicks were always hurried for that very reason.

That's in a couple of years but what about now? Do we even have someone out there willing to fly the flag or their mates? Possibly Simon White (who was really good BTW) and that's it! Mick has ripped the heart out of this club and replaced it with emptiness.

Thats where Mitch Robinson was good.  Had no skill, but fought the fight when it was required

Reply #39

Good to see you acknowledge White. You have been a decent critic of him, but you saw exactly what you get from him. 100% effort 100% of the time. On a game breaker to top it off.

I don't think Robbo would've made a difference, except in the turnover column perhaps.

Bell is supposed to be a robbo v2.0 but i remember any big collisions that back that up.

I did see Clem Smith give a decent hit though. Encouraging signs from the 1st gamer.

To me the biggest disappointment was Murphy. Simply not good enough. Did next to nothing all game both with and without the ball.

I reckon we missed Casboult out there...but i', not sure who you drop to bring him in as everyone in a similar role did 'ok'.

Everyone can have a bad game. Hopefully it is the rare occasion where all our leaders had one and it doesn't occur again.

Reply #40
 Gee the skills were so good, glad Robbo wasn't there. :-\
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #41
Another year same piss weak leaders going out with a whimper. When the side is sliding it's up to the leaders to control the game.

Murphy - Let Chaplin waltz through him, which lead to a goal. Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

Gibbs - Did he actually do anything positive? How many kicks did he completely stuff up?

Henderson - Every game he get's into position to mark and drops it. He is a terrible forward, pure and simple. When your one highlight for the night is a knock on to Menzel as a number one forward it's just poor.

Jameson - Is not a team player. He will worry only about his player and if he gets out of position, oh well, I'll still get picked next week.

Rowe - A battler at best, found a home at CHB and because of a stupid selection had to pushed all over the ground covering ruck, KP back because Jaksch was too light for Griffiths.

I was howled down for asking should we trade Murphy, Gibbs. I'm saying now we should!

We will go no where with those two cruisers leading this club. I thought last year they both turned the hardness corner but soft as butter.
I can understand your frustrations, Ray, but I don't know that getting rid of all these guys is the answer.
I would, however, replace Murphy with Carrots or Simmo as quickly as possible. Murphy has struggled with the role on the field and struggled with injury. He needs to go back to the VFL and get his issues fixed. We cannot afford a leader who is so far off the pace at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #42
Murphy has never been the same since Dangerfield knocked the stuffing out of him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
Not sold on SOS.    He did not come with 35 draft picks to help out this time.

the most uninformed statement
attending the Carlton function last month with butterfant, sos and MM
SOS answered that direct question - even if you have 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks - you still have to pick correctly
sos had a pick 50 at gws and was traded out at mid 20's

my take..hughes and rodgers had heaps of 1st and 2nd rounders and selected spuds...