Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 137725 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #375
Any fallout would still be miles better than where we were headed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #376
Any fallout would still be miles better than where we were headed.

Maybe, maybe not.

I seem to recall similar was said about the time Ratten departed regarding anything else being something better and wasting one more year of his contract wouldnt be worth it, as it might set us back further.

Look how that turned out.

We can never know what would have occurred.  we can likewise not know for sure where our future was going under Malthouse.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #377
Playing devils advocate, we had a discussion about a split in our playing group and them not playing for each other.  If this is true, with the departure of a senior coach, there would be a change in the balance of power and some of the fallout will see us have a few malcontents.

These situations will result in polarised opinions, sides being taken and various other issues through our team.

I would hazard at a guess, that we will be showing similar form as we have, except we might get an invigorated performance out of a few, and a few playing limp.

Murphy may simply be suffering from "Carlton fatigue".  Too high a pressure environment, combined with too many coaches going.

Whether we like it or not, these guys have lost a mentor.  Sheik advised as much based on a discussion with Armfield and Menzel.

There will be some fallout from this, and we wont know about what that entails for a little while, and it might not become clear until the end of season 2016.

if true, so be it.

highly paid individuals under a poor culture driven by a board that allows flamboyant medical entrepreneurs to pay for a privilege and sit in a coaches box during match day says it all....

Reply #378
Interestingly Barker mentioned one of his primary tasks is "sorting out the list". This has obviously been spelled out to him by the hierarchy and will mesh closely with what SOS is doing. Methodical list management is just as important these days as the senior coaching functions - in fact it is the foundation on which everything is built and hopefully we now giving it appropriate attention.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #379
Interestingly Barker mentioned one of his primary tasks is "sorting out the list". This has obviously been spelled out to him by the hierarchy and will mesh closely with what SOS is doing. Methodical list management is just as important these days as the senior coaching functions - in fact it is the foundation on which everything is built and hopefully we now giving it appropriate attention.

off course cookie, great, but mate - what the hell have we been doing over the  last 20 years ?

Reply #380
Simple solution  from 2016
New coach comes in.
Should put Simmo as Captain Bob Murphy style. (Simmo is the heart and soul of our side and leads by example as seen Friday night)
Coach tells Murph he wants him to just concentrate of playing footy and getting back  to the type of form that made him AA.
Groom Cripps and Doc as the next Captain/Vice Captain combo.

Reply #381
off course cookie, great, but mate - what the hell have we been doing over the  last 20 years ?

Well, feckin' it up I guess. I'm hoping we have changed our approach under Trigg and The Judge and the actions will match the words going forward. We'll soon begin to see, one way or the other.

Reply #382
New coach comes in.
Should put Simmo as Captain Bob Murphy style. (Simmo is the heart and soul of our side and leads by example as seen Friday night)
Coach tells Murph he wants him to just concentrate of playing footy and getting back  to the type of form that made him AA.
Groom Cripps and Doc and the next Captain/Vice Captain combo.

Agree.

Reply #383
Maybe, maybe not.

I seem to recall similar was said about the time Ratten departed regarding anything else being something better and wasting one more year of his contract wouldnt be worth it, as it might set us back further.

Look how that turned out.

We can never know what would have occurred.  we can likewise not know for sure where our future was going under Malthouse.

Mate don't know how many times it needs to be said, the two situations are entirely different. With Ratts we were mid table, with Malthouse things were spiraling out of control.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #384
Mate don't know how many times it needs to be said, the two situations are entirely different. With Ratts we were mid table, with Malthouse things were spiraling out of control.

It doesnt matter how different the situations are.

You stated you don't like hypotheticals, and I find it amusing that you believe that in this case you can hypothesize differently and dismiss all situations for all parties.

We could just as easily have gone backwards in 2013 and 14 under Ratten as we could have propelled into top 4.

The point is, we can't know.

Id argue we may have ended up in a very similar position, but again we cannot know for sure.

Paul Hewson

Reply #385
It doesnt matter how different the situations are.

You stated you don't like hypotheticals, and I find it amusing that you believe that in this case you can hypothesize differently and dismiss all situations for all parties.

We could just as easily have gone backwards in 2013 and 14 under Ratten as we could have propelled into top 4.

The point is, we can't know.

Id argue we may have ended up in a very similar position, but again we cannot know for sure.

Huh? Do you deliberately go off on different tangents in an attempt to confuse, or are you confused?

You are comparing the Ratten and Malthouse situations when they are poles apart. Look at the wins and losses. I was not hypothesizing on which way the two situations could go, I was saying the two simply don't compare.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #386
New coach comes in.
Groom Cripps and Doc as the next Captain/Vice Captain combo.

I could perhaps debate the Cripps and Doc part, although it's far from a terrible idea.

The rest is spot on.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #387
Huh? Do you deliberately go off on different tangents in an attempt to confuse, or are you confused?

You are comparing the Ratten and Malthouse situations when they are poles apart. Look at the wins and losses. I was not hypothesizing on which way the two situations could go, I was saying the two simply don't compare.

Yep, Im confused.

You are saying the situations can't be compared, and then you are comparing them.

Paul Hewson

Reply #388

Yep, Im confused.

You are saying the situations can't be compared, and then you are comparing them.

You are seriously taking the pi55 now. Can't be compared in likeness ie they don't compare, you know, like a figure of speech. Not can't be compared. Not rocket science mate and I seem to be saying that a lot to you of late.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #389
You are seriously taking the pi55 now. Can't be compared in likeness ie they don't compare, you know, like a figure of speech. Not can't be compared. Not rocket science mate and I seem to be saying that a lot to you of late.

Maybe, but either way we can only speculate on what would have happened which was LODS point about Ratten's tenure.  The second it's over the chapter is closed, and that's all there is.

Have you figured that bit out yet?

That's what my point was.  

Paul Hewson