Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 92545 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #75
Hodge and Lewis are media men.

Lewis works with Gerard on Fox and I think  Hodge does as well.

Hodge's ugly head was on the Ch Bumber commentary team for the Saints v. Bumbers match.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
Kids under 15 definitely free - got one at the week-end. Don't know about the other offer as I only bought one adult ticket (for my son in law) and didn't need a second (damn!). I will use my membership to get in.

Yeah I'll be able to use my membership too but going with a few ppl who aren't members. Ah well we'll rock up and see what's the go.

Reply #77
I'm warming to the idea of bringing in Casboult as the first ruck and retaining Wood as second ruck/forward. It would be good for his confidence (better than the NBs), give him some opportunities to kick at goal without the pressure of being a designated forward, and we would benefit from his marking. He's likely to be more part of our future that Warnock I'd say, and he's worth a few games at least to see how he goes.

Reply #78
I'm warming to the idea of bringing in Casboult as the first ruck and retaining Wood as second ruck/forward. It would be good for his confidence (better than the NBs), give him some opportunities to kick at goal without the pressure of being a designated forward, and we would benefit from his marking. He's likely to be more part of our future that Warnock I'd say, and he's worth a few games at least to see how he goes.

There is something in this thought I believe.  Cas is better suited to running with Martin that either Wood or Warnock both of whom would be exploited by Martin's ability o present around the ground.  Even if Cas did no more than stick tight to Martina and give a genuine contest against Martin around the ground that would be better than the free reign Martin would have if "manned up"(and I use that term in the broadest possible sense) by either Warnock or Wood.

Reply #80
I saw on Facebook and in the From The Coach email that this game is a buy on get one free entry in GA and kids under 15 free. Does anyone know if this will be available at the ground or only when buying online?

Yep.  Kids under 15 for free.  You still need to go to ticket window to get a ticket though.  

Also free popcorn for kids.  If on level 1 they will come along the boundry to give it out.  If on level 2 and 3 kids can get popcorn at hubs Aisle 6, 19 , 30 and 43

Reply #81
There is something in this thought I believe.  Cas is better suited to running with Martin that either Wood or Warnock both of whom would be exploited by Martin's ability o present around the ground.  Even if Cas did no more than stick tight to Martina and give a genuine contest against Martin around the ground that would be better than the free reign Martin would have if "manned up"(and I use that term in the broadest possible sense) by either Warnock or Wood.

IH, I agree about the run, and you would think given the weights Meat can press he'd be the choice for body on body work.

But anyone who makes that assumption is wrong, Meat's biggest weakness is in the wrestle, he lifts like Tarzan and wrestles like Jane!

When you are 100kg and 200cm out on an AFL field of play you have two massive allies, potential and kinetic energy, and the difference between Meat and say Maric is that Maric is prepared to use both to hurt, intimidate and influence players!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
Gerard Whaitley stick your head up your clacker…argues for 1-2 for Lewis hit and 2-3 Hodge…u dog u wanted 4-5 for Yarran….Lewis and Hodge have been snipers for 5 years…cost Murphy 10 weeks broken collar bone…..what a wanker…...

Completely agree about Whately...he is a t0sser.  Carey on Talking Footy last night was not as forgiving......he thought 2 weeks was very, very lucky & both he & Watson were in disbelief that May got the same penalty for a perfect hip & shoulder while playing the ball ! Talk about protected species.

Watson was also talking about the possibility of introducing a "sin  bin" ala every other contact sport in the world.......now that I'd like to have seen, both Hodge & Lewis off the ground for a period of time.  He mentioned the Grand Final where Lake won the Norm Smith but also got 4 weeks from the indcident in the game......imagine if Lake had to go off to a Sin Bin for set amount of time.....that could have been the difference between the Hawks winning or losing a GF !

Teams would think twice about thuggary if it meant players missed game time in a GF instead of a couple of weeks the next season.

Darcey, of course, couldn't see it......what a waste of air.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #83
Completely agree about Whately...he is a t0sser.  Carey on Talking Footy last night was not as forgiving......he thought 2 weeks was very, very lucky & both he & Watson were in disbelief that May got the same penalty for a perfect hip & shoulder while playing the ball ! Talk about protected species.

Watson was also talking about the possibility of introducing a "sin  bin" ala every other contact sport in the world.......now that I'd like to have seen, both Hodge & Lewis off the ground for a period of time.  He mentioned the Grand Final where Lake won the Norm Smith but also got 4 weeks from the indcident in the game......imagine if Lake had to go off to a Sin Bin for set amount of time.....that could have been the difference between the Hawks winning or losing a GF !

Teams would think twice about thuggary if it meant players missed game time in a GF instead of a couple of weeks the next season.

Darcey, of course, couldn't see it......what a waste of air.

If implemented correctly, the sin bin is an excellent idea.

Agree with all your opinions about the commentators - Darcy, GW are major douches. Carey is becoming my favourite. Partly because he is actually ok, and partly because the competition is non existent. 

Good post malo.

Reply #84
Don't like the sin bin idea. Umps are scary enough.

Why were Collingwood booing Judd BTW? Just feral?

Reply #85
If implemented correctly, the sin bin is an excellent idea.

Agree with all your opinions about the commentators - Darcy, GW are major douches. Carey is becoming my favourite. Partly because he is actually ok, and partly because the competition is non existent. 

Good post malo.

Agree Paul & Malo.

I respect Carey's views - he makes a lot of sense to me, unlike most of the others. Mathews is also good IMO.

Reply #86
Don't like the sin bin idea. Umps are scary enough.

Why were Collingwood booing Judd BTW? Just feral?

Isn't it because he chose us over them?

Reply #87
Isn't it because he chose us over them?

They didn't really boo him when he started though. I'm thinking because the umps keep giving him 3 brownlow votes against Collingwood but that isn't his fault  ;D

Reply #88
Agree Paul & Malo.

I respect Carey's views - he makes a lot of sense to me, unlike most of the others. Mathews is also good IMO.

Agree cookie - Lethal is good.

Reply #89
The thuggery in WA Amateur football was cleared up in a season with the introduction of the send off rule about 25 years ago.

They've tweaked it a bit now into a card system, but still a great innovation.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................