Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 73709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #300
Yet you have no basis at all for them Paul? Is it safe to assume the bombers have not learned from the Peptide fiasco?
What part of our injuries over the last few years gives any indication of mismanagement?
You talk about Weitering, but he was right to go preseason, so he wasn't hampered by playing and why would it be a natural assumption he was 'risked'?

Kreuzer has been at the club 10 years that is a lifetime in football and even then you get an odd player who breaks down, especially taller heavier players.
But even if I said.. okay you have a basis to suggest that Kreuzer wasn't managed well from an injury stand point and the proof is the time he was out with recurring injuries. Why is it likely to be the same now?
We have had numerous staff changes across all positions since those days and the club right now seems to be particularly trying to act is a most systematic approach.
I still personally believe you can be as entitled to an opinion as you like, but that there is absolutely nothing solid to base it on.

It is like saying, our recruiting is crap. Well it was for a long time, but with different recruiters in and more advanced techniques for analyzing players, why is what we done even 4 years ago relevant?

We can keep going with this till doomsday, but I will stop here, since clearly we're not getting anywhere. In answer to your last question, the reason why it matters is that unlike individual players, you can't delist an old injury.

Reply #301
I think the guy did the right thing. The practice of allowing entry by facial recognition in nonsense. And Judd's comments about the guy having to look for a new job are juvenile, and smack of arrogance.

Agree, Judd could be a bit more humble about the fella on the gate and praise him for being vigilant with his job....making the crack about the job I hope was a joke from CJ, the game has given him
plenty back and I want the arrogance when dealing with the man in the street gone from our club..

Reply #302
Just for the hell of it, I took a break and flicked the radio dial to SEN and was very lucky to hear Ragsy Goold call in to give his tuppence worth. He was quite optimistic, especially praising SOS for his strategic recruiting. He mentioned that it appeared the 'virus' of past years (pretty sure it was an Elliot reference), had gone and that perhaps the highly ethical attitude of Serg has been passed onto SOS and that the club will ultimately benefit from that... good on you, Ragsy.

His only comment of concern was that, in relation to the how well we set up quick attacking thrusts from defense (last night), that Weitering might slow that process. Interesting. Thoughts?

Don’t agree - that’s a game style change that all players have to implement. If we are looking to move it quickly, we need guys who can hit targets. Otherwise it will go to sh1te fast.

Weitering is a good kick, makes good decisions and can kick it long... I think he is a better kick than Marchbank.

Reply #303

Agree, Judd could be a bit more humble about the fella on the gate and praise him for being vigilant with his job....making the crack about the job I hope was a joke from CJ, the game has given him
plenty back and I want the arrogance when dealing with the man in the street gone from our club..

Yes, it's those sorts of interactions that make me think we still have a long way to go before we become the club of the people, or one of them anyway.

And Judd seems to be becoming quite the bitch. KB recently questioned the legitimacy of the Eagles last flag, and Judd's response was intensely personal and vicious. Whether you like KB or not is irrelevant IMO.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/judd-hits-back-kb-took-20-years-to-realise-he-was-going-bald-ng-b88426194z

Reply #304

Yep exactly what I was thinking.

But his history of always showing respect and generally being a great role model to many makes me inclined to think it was purely a one off comment trying to be funny that I bet he would want to retract if he could.

Reply #305
How good is fishers field kicking.

His weighted kick to crippa was diesel like.

He might be undersized but knows where to move to when receiving the ball, has smarts to evade tackles and most importantly where to put the ball when kicking into attack.

Reckon he will become a true starting mid for us this year.

Reply #306
Calm down peeps - it was described as a “light hearted segment on Triple M”...

Reply #307
Calm down peeps - it was described as a “light hearted segment on Triple M”...

Gee, this whole country is so worried about being 'PC' ffs.

It was a joke, nothing more  nothing less...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #308
Also note Paddy 'Wow' could have kicked 4 goals last night....finished with 2.1 but he's a special, no question.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #309
Gee, this whole country is so worried about being 'PC' ffs.

It was a joke, nothing more  nothing less...

It's just more oxygen for KB to use in generating pollution.

He opens his mouth, crap balloons float out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #310
It's just more oxygen for KB to use in generating pollution.

He opens his mouth, crap balloons float out!

KB is in the media, and needs to talk about something. Judd's response is very poor, no matter how you slice it.

Reply #311
KB is in the media, and needs to talk about something. Judd's response is very poor, no matter how you slice it.

Yep it is if your heads up you clacker.
Otherwise you would see it as a joke

Reply #312
Yep it is if your heads up you clacker.
Otherwise you would see it as a joke

Hilarious joke - had me in stitches.

The line between a gentle jibe and a barbed comment is sometimes very fine, but it's still there, and IMO Judd crossed it.

Reply #313
Hilarious joke - had me in stitches.

The line between a gentle jibe and a barbed comment is sometimes very fine, but it's still there, and IMO Judd crossed it.

:o :o :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!