Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R5 - Carlton Vs North Melbourne - Sat 7:10 @ Tassie (Read 4750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW R5 - Carlton Vs North Melbourne - Sat 7:10 @ Tassie

Reply #60
I think we were expecting more goals from our small forwards, and it's just not eventuated.

But it's tough given the way the game is being umpired, you can hang onto the footy forever, and then basically drop it unpenalized. It leaves our small tackling runners buried in traffic with next to no hope of breaking away.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Roos should send a big hamper to AFL house. Attention J.  Geischen.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #62
Roos should send a big hamper to AFL house. Attention J.  Geischen.
He retired about 10 years ago, Dan Richardson is the Umpires boss so send all corro and gifts to him :D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
Didn't he prosecute the case for the AFL last week?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #64
Tayla Harris gave Emma Kearney a late bump or shove in the back and had a free kick paid against her and fair enough.  Two North players then charged Harris and knocked her to the ground.  Why wasn't the free kick reversed?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Tayla Harris gave Emma Kearney a late bump or shove in the back and had a free kick paid against her and fair enough.  Two North players then charged Harris and knocked her to the ground.  Why wasn't the free kick reversed?
Damned good question. That has happened a couple of time this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #66
They think Harris dives for free kicks, that because she is a boxer the opposition can't really hurt her, and because she is a boxer she is always the instigator, it's a stupid mentality! Tayla "Big Bad Barry Hall" Harris!

Personally, I realise I mustn't condone this, but perhaps the best way for Tayla to end this is to do a Barry Hall or a Chris Yarran, and the moment we can't make the finals drop someone who is crossing the line and wear the penalty. If you can't get justice on the field, long term you will at least make opponents hesitant to poke the bear. She shouldn't snap in that manner, but they shouldn't be deliberately provoking that sort of response either!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67

Harking back to EB’s comments about the look of the game, incidents like this should stamped on.  It’s not a good look when an unsuspecting player is knocked to the ground during a break in play.  In my opinion, it’s much worse than a legal tackle that was sensationalised by a commentator.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball