Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 11: Post Game Pragmatism: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 19217 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 11: Post Game Pragmatism: Carlton vs Sydney

Have fun with this thread. Hopefully we can do enough to confound the critics.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 11: Post Game Pragmatism: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
I only post when we lose.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #2
No way that should've been 5 goals. Should've been very close. Just our 3rd qtr with shocking use going into the 50 and finishing at goal cost us a very close game as that qtr was otherwise close in general play. Point after point after point when we had momentum for alot of the 3rtd qtr, not to mention the butchering going into the 50. We match them in general play ok.

Reply #3
I only post when we lose.

You're not Robinson Crusoe ;)
We always get more when we lose.

Funny game that....I'm not sure how I feel about it.
First half was really good... but quite a few players drifted out of it after the break.

Reply #4
The misses in the 3rd quarter sucked the energy out of us. SOJ was quiet in the 2nd half and had a few mates who disappeared in the 2nd half like O'Shea, Cunningham, Lamb. Ed was good all night and is now a consistently reliable performer and capped off a good night with a great goal.  We are on the right track..just need an injection of a few class players and more games into the youngsters and we will get there.

Reply #5
You're not Robinson Crusoe ;)
We always get more when we lose.

Funny game that....I'm not sure how I feel about it.
First half was really good... but quite a few players drifted out of it after the break.

Not sure we even drifted so much. We just stuffed up when we had big opportunities to lead through the 3rd qtr. We just kept kicking points while they kicked goals.

Reply #6
Bad kicking for goal and some silly errors ie Daisy had a poor 3rd quarter cost us the game, I thought we competed well and showed effort but we just dont have the skill
level at the crucial times of the game..

Wright and Kerridge missing those goals just cost us momentum and the chance to put pressure on Sydney.....

Reply #7
I know we weren't meant to win, but I feel extremely dispirited. So sick of losing. And why do commentators always come across as biased against us?

On the players, well done to Jones and Curnow.

I'm sure he will turn out a good player, and I know we had worse tonight, but man O'Brien is soft as butter. We just can't carry blokes like that.

Reply #8
Bad kicking for goal and some silly errors ie Daisy had a poor 3rd quarter cost us the game, I thought we competed well and showed effort but we just dont have the skill
level at the crucial times of the game..

Wright and Kerridge missing those goals just cost us momentum and the chance to put pressure on Sydney.....

We're only better use, as distinct from dumb use, better finishing and stronger bodies away from being a decent side. 3rd qtr killed us. Matched them in general play but killed with use and finishing. Cost us a real close finish,.

Reply #9
Not sure we even drifted so much. We just stuffed up when we had big opportunities to lead through the 3rd qtr. We just kept kicking points while they kicked goals.

I'd like to see a breakdown of some of the stats between the first and second half for some players.
Jack was great to half time but didn't seem to impact much in the second half...I think there might have been a few others like that.

Some of Kerridge and Thomas' disposal was diabolical

Reply #10
I know we weren't meant to win, but I feel extremely dispirited. So sick of losing. And why do commentators always come across as biased against us?

On the players, well done to Jones and Curnow.

I'm sure he will turn out a good player, and I know we had worse tonight, but man O'Brien is soft as butter. We just can't carry blokes like that.

OBrien had a moment where he didnt want to attack the ball and Cameron Ling highlighted his lack of effort and I reckon the coaches will be pointing that out this week.
A lot of players have that moment but its the good ones that learn from it so we will see how Obrien goes in the future...

Reply #11
We were very game tonight but a very disappointing way to lose, ie skill errors, mistakes, lapses in concentration and missed chances. I feel rather pissed orf tbh.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Not sure what to do with Kerridge... Runs strongly all game,  competes well and knocks up getting the pill.... But the decision making and kicking isn't AFL standard.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
Yep, remember that moment clearly, O'Brien pulled out of the contest and avoided all contact. Hopefully will lrarn from that.

Reply #14
I'd like to see a breakdown of some of the stats between the first and second half for some players.
Jack was great to half time but didn't seem to impact much in the second half...I think there might have been a few others like that.

Some of Kerridge and Thomas' disposal was diabolical

3 goals each in the last qtr and to me we matched them in the 3rd in general play but that finishing and that disposal you spoke about cost us big time. No way that was a 5 goal game.

Some though did fade. Good thing with SOS though we found a role for him. Mids who can go forward and kick goals are really handy. Kerr looks a player, really leads well. Has good body strength in the VFL but at AFL level couldn't match Grundy in that dept as expected at his age. Love his ability to lead. That bullet pass from Jones and lightning lead from Kerr that resulted in our first goal I haven't seen seen the days of Houlihan bulletting in to Fev on the lead.