Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb) (Read 36075 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb)

Reply #255
Geelong had their measure that year. They were the only side they lost to all year.....3 times, one by 96pts.

Yes they bought had great seasons. Clearly, the Cats knew how to ruffle those Pie feathers.

Reply #256
Clarkson had the temerity on SEN today to say that "Carlton are in a different stage of their development and winning meant much more to them".

If Mitchell misses more than a handful of games this year it could very, very ugly for whorethorn. Wouldn't that be awful, simply awful.

What about in round 20 last year when they were playing to stay in the finals and we were playing to stay off the bottom... did that mean more to us also? We won that one too Clarko.

Reply #257
Clarkson had the temerity on SEN today to say that "Carlton are in a different stage of their development and winning meant much more to them".

If Mitchell misses more than a handful of games this year it could very, very ugly for whorethorn. Wouldn't that be awful, simply awful.

It was a silly thing to say but I'm guessing his motive was to save face for his players... publicly. He's got some problems at Dawksville.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #258
Hawks will struggle all year. No real firepower anywhere on the ground, especially  in the midfield...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #259
Hawks will struggle all year. No real firepower anywhere on the ground, especially  in the midfield...
Roughy looked very old and slow during JLT, not sure what role they will use him in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #260
Roughy looked very old and slow during JLT, not sure what role they will use him in.

Apparently he has very little feeling in his feet; a side effect of his cancer treatment.  I imagine that could make someone look old and slow  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #261

Mitchell is 90% of their midfield but he's a very limited player.

Burgoyne is their only top quality mid. And they keep trading out draft picks.

Madness.

They still have a long way to fall off the cliff yet.

Reply #262

Madness.

Agree.....they will try and trade in some readymade midfield talent IMO....Sloane/Wines would be the type they would chase....

Reply #263
Apparently he has very little feeling in his feet; a side effect of his cancer treatment.  I imagine that could make someone look old and slow  :(

Chemo can cause loss of feeling and in some cases reduction/loss of taste. I know from the experiences of someone close to me. I feel very sorry for Roughy as he is still a young man and I wish him well.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #264

Madness.

O'Meara goes ok when he can stay on the park. But Yes, I think they've got some work to do.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #265
Indeed. How long that lasts is the question. He couldn't get off the ground. Our defenders killed him in the air.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #266
Chemo no doubt doesn't help but Roughy just looked old.

Reply #267

He's just repeating what Carlton (Cripps, I think) said after the game - that we're a young side and we needed a win to help develop a winning culture.

We're in the early stages of development - just like you seem to be.

Reply #268
He's just repeating what Carlton (Cripps, I think) said after the game - that we're a young side and we needed a win to help develop a winning culture.

We're in the early stages of development - just like you seem to be.

Fundamental difference between Cripps saying that about his own team and Clarko using it as a cop out... ah yeah we lost - well we weren't really trying anyway.

Clarko is currently leading his club towards either a successful rebuild via trade or a half-baked attempted shortcut.

Either way it's nothing like what Carlton are doing.

Reply #269
Chemo no doubt doesn't help but Roughy just looked old.

Yeah I'm sure the cancer battle wouldn't have made much difference. ::)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!