Skip to main content
Topic: Image of a Black Hole (Read 5982 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Image of a Black Hole

Reply #15
If you type numbers into a calculator, did the calculator work out how to spit out the answer to you?
No, someone has programmed that calculator to take that input and give you the answer you want.
It follows strict guidelines on how to proceed with the information.

Same with this.

We've given all the data required to the computer and have programmed it to work out the answer (in this case a picture) for us.

What a crock....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
I don't need technology to see a Black Hole. One look at our once mighty club shows that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
PaulP current avatar.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
 There was a black hole on tne Gold Coaxt today that is swallowing Carlton

Reply #20
There was a black hole on tne Gold Coaxt today that is swallowing Carlton

Snap! And its not a picture! We are looking right into the real thing atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
What a crock....

Is that your educated and well considered rebuttal?

You can call it a crock. You can call it a flamingo if you like. Doesn't change the fact its true.

Do you think the magical device you post on is able to think for itself? Or does every possible thing that it does happened to have been programmed, by a human, do to these magical things?

Reply #22
Is that your educated and well considered rebuttal?

You can call it a crock. You can call it a flamingo if you like. Doesn't change the fact its true.

Do you think the magical device you post on is able to think for itself? Or does every possible thing that it does happened to have been programmed, by a human, do to these magical things?

You clearly have no scientific knowledge....I'll leave it at that.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
You clearly have no scientific knowledge....I'll leave it at that.

4 years of electronic engineering at uni would strongly suggest otherwise.

Reply #28
Sorry, I work with a flat Earther and CGI is his response for everything.

Back when, i was a very keen amateur astronomer.....

Without knowing this interferometry game at all well (I had heard the term previously and that's it), I gather in this instance they gather together 8 discreet radio wave signals and by syncing them you somehow amplify the signal.

That amplified signal is then made into an 'image' and hey presto - all with beautiful colour!!

I'm not sure how the radio wave (sine wave?) is converted into an image - but I would suggest there must be a fair dose of CGI in there somewhere!

As for flat eathers, perhaps Matt Kennedy is one?  ;) ;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
If you are/were a keen amateur astronomer you would know then that the EHT is a single pixel interferometer, and the process is called time correlation. It's been around since the 1940s!
The Force Awakens!