Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Medal 2016 (Read 20579 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Medal 2016

Reply #60
Great effort to run this show and a top effort by all the posters/voters. One of the posts I really look forward to reading.
Keep up the great work

Reply #61
Thanks Crash...great effort...

Daisy was 9th in the Jim Park...if he gets top ten in the B&F that tells you where we are at...... :-[ :-[
No worries, mate!

Re Daisy: he didn't get a mention after Rd 12, which was his 3rd and last serious mention. From that point on he really struggled. Considering that he had about half the side each week making a contribution enough to get a vote, that suggests that he was struggling to hold his spot.
The way he finished the year was a really bad sign for a guy who really wants to make a contribution. I am sure he is as aware of his form as the rest of us and he does have the desire. I would not be surprised if he was seriously considering his future just now.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
No worries, mate!

Re Daisy: he didn't get a mention after Rd 12, which was his 3rd and last serious mention. From that point on he really struggled. Considering that he had about half the side each week making a contribution enough to get a vote, that suggests that he was struggling to hold his spot.
The way he finished the year was a really bad sign for a guy who really wants to make a contribution. I am sure he is as aware of his form as the rest of us and he does have the desire. I would not be surprised if he was seriously considering his future just now.

Surely if Daisy thought he was going to have to struggle through yet another season he may possibly consider trying to come to some kind of accommodation with the club? OK, he wouldn't just walk away but maybe a deal could be reached for a lower sum, he would not be required to go through the rigours of another preseason and maybe he could fill another role at the club. If he wasn't on the playing list would his payout (i.e. a portion of next year's salary) be part of the salary cap?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
Nothing would be certain yet, but it would be interesting to see what sort of discussions he was having with Bolton and Silvagni.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #64
Great effort to run this show and a top effort by all the posters/voters. One of the posts I really look forward to reading.
Keep up the great work

x 2.
Cheers. It adds a little something extra to the season :)). Great effort.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.