Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 450707 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7380
The issue is that the data used to support both sets of numbers were used to paint a picture.

The adverse reactions to the vaccines under reported as coincidences.  Likewise the number of people significantly impacted by covid were over stated.

The vaccine companies (all) made wide sweeping shonky claims afmbout efficacy to go with it and you end up with a scenario where most people questioned what the best outcome was going to be. 

When you strip it all bare, covid was no walk in the park.  It isn't the killer it was made out to be either but it left the general public questioning what was the lesser of two evils and real doctors were silenced on the matter and it became politicised.

Where you sit in any of it is subjective and largely determined by personal choices but I saw some extremely autocratic behaviour which I'm hoping never gets repeated.

I think there is a fair bit of hindsight going on, 3 Leos. At the time, we just didn't know. Worst case scenario seemed plausible and frightening.
Science and pollies were all on the back foot and unsure, and most were doing their best.
I don't recall any vaccine manufacturer claiming 100% safety; they spoke of the potential -- albeit low -- risk for some people, hence staying in surgeries/pharmacies for 15 minutes after the innoculation before leaving. But as troubling as it was to know, there was a low risk for some folks, as there is with every medication/vaccine.
In hindsight some pollies overreacted and some under-reacted. Few got it right - in hindsight.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7381
I didn't enjoy the lock downs etc., but they were the right decision, given that nobody knew exactly what we were dealing with.

Reply #7382
The question will be..."what will we do next time"?

Reply #7383
Awesome, reality and honest reporting providing more ammunition for the tin hat denier crowd.  Yay.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7384
I think there is a fair bit of hindsight going on, 3 Leos. At the time, we just didn't know. Worst case scenario seemed plausible and frightening.
Science and pollies were all on the back foot and unsure, and most were doing their best.
I don't recall any vaccine manufacturer claiming 100% safety; they spoke of the potential -- albeit low -- risk for some people, hence staying in surgeries/pharmacies for 15 minutes after the innoculation before leaving. But as troubling as it was to know, there was a low risk for some folks, as there is with every medication/vaccine.
In hindsight some pollies overreacted and some under-reacted. Few got it right - in hindsight.

Not really Baggers.   By the time the vaccines came around we had a much better view of the virus and its potential to cause harm.  The worst case scenario wasn't happening.  That much was obvious in health care. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson