Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #225
Get them to sniff those smelling salts weight lifters do before a lift and slap them in the face for all I care. Use what ever tools are needed, and if they don't have enough tools I have a few baseball bats at home ready to go. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #226
Sunday is where we really rely upon the experience of MM to prepare our side for a cut-throat final.

He knows that this introverted bunch responds to heavy handed motivation - so hit em hard, coaching group.
Mate Im no expert in this area but I dont get how this is correct. I have trained a few dogs in my time and the introverted timid ones definitely dont respond to heavy handedness. The extroverted boisterous one do. Just a thought.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #227
Sunday is where we really rely upon the experience of MM to prepare our side for a cut-throat final.

He knows that this introverted bunch responds to heavy handed motivation - so hit em hard, coaching group.
Mate Im no expert in this area but I dont get how this is correct. I have trained a few dogs in my time and the introverted timid ones definitely dont respond to heavy handedness. The extroverted boisterous one do. Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind getting Dame Edna to pep up some of the more comedic types in the team pre-match

Reply #228

Understand. But introverted does not mean timid. Nor does extroverted mean tough. Its about much more than that. Put another way (way too simplisticly), introverts think too much before acting & extroverts act before thinking. Doully was an introvert (heavily so) but had to trust himself more being surrounded by so many extroverts... his team mates pushed him to trust himself and back himself.

Strong and passionate motivation helps introverts to trust themselves and be bold/confident. Introverts feel more comfortable responding, rather than initiating (as extroverts do). Bla bla bla... its a lot more involved than that, but our introverted side needs to come out on Sunday with a bold and confident resolve. From the first bounce they've all gotta want to hurt (for the cause) and be ruthlessly present as if it were the final minute and they needed a goal to win... and that is very much the coaching group's responsibility. But when I look at our coaching group... I do not see the strength needed to motivate. MM (an extrovert) needs more extroverted coaches around him in season 2014... not the facile bunch he has at present... and for this reason I am not confident about Sunday, unless MM exhausts himself doing all the motivation himself.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #229
Latest odds:

Tigers 1.50
Blues 2.65

Huh?

Didn't we win last time around and don't we have a lot more finals experience?

I'll be having a piece of that!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #230
Rule #1. Never mix gambling and emotion. You should never bet for or against your own team.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #231
I have state home brew beer comp judging in the morning.
Where abouts Raven?

Glenelg, Adelaide. State brewing championships. Top 3 beers in each class can be entered to nationals the month following.

(Mad homebrewer here!). Got a fair few entries in myself too.

Reply #233
Rule #1. Never mix gambling and emotion. You should never bet for or against your own team.

I have won more money betting against Carlton than I have any other betting field.

I would have thought betting against your team is one of the more clinical and calculated things you can do!

Reply #234
I've bet against Carlton 3 times and have lost my money, should I do it?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #236
I often bet against Carlton as a hedging strategy.

Reply #237
Latest odds:

Tigers 1.50
Blues 2.65

Huh?

I'll be having a piece of that!!

Thats it, sew it up, Im guaranteeing a win now.

Nothing surer of a Carlton Victory and Richmond loss when those events occur.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #238
Latest odds:

Tigers 1.50
Blues 2.65

Huh?

Odds would be longer if it wasn't for that fact.

Please let then choke!

Reply #239

Understand. But introverted does not mean timid. Nor does extroverted mean tough. Its about much more than that. Put another way (way too simplisticly), introverts think too much before acting & extroverts act before thinking. Doully was an introvert (heavily so) but had to trust himself more being surrounded by so many extroverts... his team mates pushed him to trust himself and back himself.

Strong and passionate motivation helps introverts to trust themselves and be bold/confident. Introverts feel more comfortable responding, rather than initiating (as extroverts do). Bla bla bla... its a lot more involved than that, but our introverted side needs to come out on Sunday with a bold and confident resolve. From the first bounce they've all gotta want to hurt (for the cause) and be ruthlessly present as if it were the final minute and they needed a goal to win... and that is very much the coaching group's responsibility. But when I look at our coaching group... I do not see the strength needed to motivate. MM (an extrovert) needs more extroverted coaches around him in season 2014... not the facile bunch he has at present... and for this reason I am not confident about Sunday, unless MM exhausts himself doing all the motivation himself.

Nice summary Baggers and probably explains alot about our performances.

Throw caution to the wind boys >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come