The Dogs might have English, Dale and Bontempelli out, but their going to hard to beat. We have to win to make it. Simple as that.
Dominated. Only up by 2 goals.
Doesn’t look like an easy game at all.
Weitering keeps getting caught out. Too slow.
Haven't seen us this poor at getting back for weeks.
When was studs out allowed back in?
If it was Toby it would be weeks!
Two goals from a no free and dodgy free
We are playing rushed and not clean
Beware of the blokes playing for a finals gig, they play with some desperation!
They are smashing us this qtr in every area.
Over to you Josh.
Our Mids are hanging back, Libba has put the hurt on them and they have gone into their shell.
This is bloody so annoying I friggen knew the media talking us up and making it a ‘certain’ would make us play crape!
Dishlickers have brought frenetic pressure which we're not handling and being forced into old bad habits/dodgy disposal.
Al started with Harry being dumb against the boundary.
Bevo pulled off all their talls and their runners went to work, has caused us some headaches because we have a few glacial talls that provide nothing if the games not on our terms.
Thus far team chemistry is looking a bit off.
On current evidence, weitering might be the one thats thrown our balance out. Fun fact, he hasn't played since we beat geelong.
Absolutely and some really poor decisions and play by our guys. We have got to improve that part of our game and keep composure ffs!
Strayed away from what we've been good at. Feel like Jagga is the only midfielder that was still productive in the 2nd.
Byrner had a horror 15 seconds when he blazed away instead of picking out a target I50. Then he got caught trying to break a tackle. Stick to the plan Blues.
Lose today, and I think it costs Fraser the job, regardless of what happens next week.
Yep. Such a dumb decision by him.
We handled it at the start of the first with strong contested footy. Went away from that in the 2nd. Tackles slipped and the quick, accurate hands disappeared.
Smashing Walsh and Hewett, I think Walsh should have at least two or three frees for late hits after he disposes of the footy. On one occassion a Dog ran past the footy to belt Hewett and it was a non-free.
Studs up, non-free, it's bizarre!
Further, umpires have changed this week, play on being called almost instantly, they are rushing us as much as the Dogs.
I reckon Young out has messed with our balance. H having to ruck I dont like as it robs a target.
Weitering is good for playing on gorillas but they don't have one. I would put him forward.
Fair point. I doubt Fraser has the cahones to pull that leaver.
We still centre rucked Harry, last week.
Some odd tactics today, but it's exposed by our poor ball use, the bulk of our problems are missed targets from clean disposals. The thing swaying the result so far is that poor efficiency issue and some massive non-decisions.
Multiple times we've had HFs 20m clear and put the ball on their head or behind them causing a turnover and end to end score.
The Dogs look like they are trying to prove a point, not just for today but potentially for the Wildcard, while we look like we are trying to safely our way into finals.
I checked the stats, 0 CBA's
Today we're being hunted, big test for the coaching group and players. Today the hot-n-cold Dishlickers are hot. Big test.
First time I have seem Fraser flustered in the box
I think Hayward might've broken his ankle with that speccy.
Not ideal, hopefully not that bad.
Just poor decision after poor decision, Haynes did not need to kick that.
We've seen this before. Doing our best to lose this one.
Just farken terrible.
Has Kemp touch the footy? Evans?
Our composure today hasn't been good. This is the game that stitches the wildcard and it is showing.
If we keep this up we will lose the unlovable game.
It'll definitely be UNLOVABLE....lol
Going to be our weekly heart/stress test coming up in the last.
Must've missed where this was on the fine print of my membership.
We don't like making it easy on ourselves.
Our forwards were expecting Acres or Evans to go the coridor, and we went to the pocket, we had CHF wide open!
They are dead set walking through our tackles. Seriously thats unforgivable.
Why did ump call play on on Byrne?
He didn't move off his mark!
Young Byrne has the leg, he needs to go back and take those shots on.
They have been doing it all day!
The club is a nightmare in that regard. Never seen a side that likes to make it so hard for themselves ever.
Another heart stopping final term.
Credit to the Dogs I knew they would be playing to win! Of course they are!
Lets see who keeps their composure!
Dogs have their wildcard stitched up so the same pressure isn't on them.
Whoever is cleaner with the footy will win this
They have 6 players under 20 games so hopefully experience prevails
Franke come on
I feel like everyone wants us to lost to keep 10th spot open.
Lose
Kemp not paid the mark
Harry in the 2nd quarter (i think) not paid it as well.
2 shots on goal we didn't get.
We should have put this beyond doubt by now.
A draw is enough for us to make finals.
I'll take it if we can get it.
Will mean we travel interstate week 1 though
We get in front then won't go on with it. 2 two goal break shouldn't meant we go on with it. Not this club.
We have pressure, the dogs don't.
Can i just say, weitering is a demoralising teamate at times.
The moment the blues are expected to win.....we $h!t the bed.
I'm starting to think bringing Weitering in for Young hasn't helped.
Time to stand up
WTF was derkson doing??
When the pressure is on.
Acres stands up.
Every time.
HUGE call by the ump....and right call.....but wow.
Thanks
We're in!
How's the hearts lads?
We lose anyone this week?? :o
Thank !@$$%! for that!
HOLY HELL
My Garmin watch graph went crazy! Not good for us!
After the last couple of months and with no Bont and no English, I was hoping for better. Never mind.
Absolutely same - we played pretty average imo. But itll do.
We need Weitering next week so he will better for the run.
That goal should be changed to Frank the tank
I nearly threw the remote at the TV, if he had of fumbled the mark over the goal-line thus resulting in a point, I reckon a team-mate may have decked him.
Michael Mansfield against Hawthorn. Going back with the flight of the ball attempts to take a mark in the middle of the goalsquare when it was going through.....nobody around him. Fumbles it, goes over for a point.
I said that would cost us the game.
That was the game the Ben Dixon kicked the goal after the siren to win it.
Have not, and will not, ever forget that boneheaded move.
Derkson probably trumps it......but thank f*** he held onto it so it didn't matter.
Fair enough.
I suppose that's just for any supplementary ruck if no goals were scored while they are having a run in the ruck. We also rucked Cripps against TDK, Cripps beat TDK in a stoppage contest. Really, my point is about the validity of asserting Young gave us a better balance due to his rucking, but we were still rucking Cripps.
Personally, I'm not sure what the right balance is, I not a fan of Harry rucking due to the risk, but I concede that Harry rucking helps to get him involved in games when he off the boil. If we had Young rucking and Harry off the boil what would be our preferred solution?
btw., I didn't go today, I don't go to ice dome ever, but my mates messaging me have told me if not for Weitering today we would probably have lost. They said his setup behind the footy was key to our not being overrun. Does that happen with Derksen in D50?
Derksen looked a bit off kilter today, a bit lost, I sure that is an instability issue, he's been a defender for 8 or 9 weeks. But is it just a short term thing or a long term effect, why does Derksen shifting ends all of a sudden make his marking less reliable?