Skip to main content
Topic: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers (Read 55043 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers

Reply #105
I know, but is he ready... big ask for a young KP prospect to start vs the toasters.

Could he do worse than White did on Crameri?!!

I doubt it.

I thought White played very well on Crameri, who kicked (at least) two or (possibly) three of his four goals when White was on the interchange bench or had switched opponents in the team defence. He was outmarked for one goal but generally played tight and used good closing speed to spoil numerous marking contests.
I agree with you RR, i thought White did ok on Craperi, given that Craperi although i dislike him almost as much as Ballantyne/Goddard and Monga LLoyd is a gun Footballer.

Reply #106
playing someone like Everitt as a seventh defender/loose man

He contributed very little last week. Is he learning Carlton's lazy skirt round the back of packs for a few easy stats ways?

I hope not. Needs to be given an important role and needs to perform.

TBF Fly, that set up around the back of packs is the way a lot of teams set up now.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #107
Ellard out for Menzel, Armfield emergency

Reply #108
Good choice I'm happy with that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #109
I know, but is he ready... big ask for a young KP prospect to start vs the toasters.

I doubt it.

I thought White played very well on Crameri, who kicked (at least) two or (possibly) three of his four goals when White was on the interchange bench or had switched opponents in the team defence. He was outmarked for one goal but generally played tight and used good closing speed to spoil numerous marking contests.
I agree with you RR, i thought White did ok on Craperi, given that Craperi although i dislike him almost as much as Ballantyne/Goddard and Monga LLoyd is a gun Footballer.

Ok, so i watched the game (first half only as yet) again last night without the emotion and yes, White did a good job on Craperi - in the first half, at least.

So, my apologies!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #110

I doubt it.

Ok, so i watched the game (first half only as yet) again last night without the emotion and yes, White did a good job on Craperi - in the first half, at least.

So, my apologies!
No need for apologies, we all see the game differently.  ;)

Reply #111
Good choice I'm happy with that.

yeah fair call, Menzels a step up in class from Army (as much as I love his attitude)........although we'll miss Ellard...he has been very good this season. Works his butt off to make a contribution and is one of the few very reliable shots on goal we have.  I don't buy the "too small" line that is thrown his way more often than not.

cheers

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #112
Still wouldn't mind seeing Army come in for Robbo.

That'd just about be the best we could expect from our current availabilities i think.

Reply #113
Still wouldn't mind seeing Army come in for Robbo.

That'd just about be the best we could expect from our current availabilities i think.
I tell you what, if there is another late change and Army comes in, he won't nudged out of the side very easily.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #114
Cachia for Curnow
Robinson for Bell
Menzel for Judd
Jamison for White

One good game from Garlett and Armfield is probably not enough for a recall although I'm not sure what happened to Mitch Robinson this week?

Jamison, Rowe and Everrit should be ok to cover Kennedy, Darling and a resting Ruckman.

The 3 in bold did not play in the VFL this week and i'd doubt all (if any) are available for selection this week.

Seems I wasn't too far away.

Reply #115
Why isn't Buckley in the side? 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #116
If Cripps has been dropped for a rest from both AFL and VFL then his fitness must be woeful...what has he played, 3 games?.....I can understand him being dropped back to the NB's but not to be playing VFL or a part game is astonishing IMO.
Dunstan from Stkilda has played all games and continues to be prominent......I dont expect Cripps to be starring but I do expect a young bloke of 18 to be able to play more than 3 games of football in a row at some level.

Reply #117
@ElwoodBlues1 some of our senior blokes have struggled with the physical demands of malthouse's game plan.

Has looked out of his depth against two of the Afl's weaker sides so it makes sense to leave him out against West Coast who many consider a top 8 side.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #118
We need to be patient with Cripps and not break him. He will be something one day, and sooner than some might think.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #119
If Cripps has been dropped for a rest from both AFL and VFL then his fitness must be woeful...what has he played, 3 games?.....I can understand him being dropped back to the NB's but not to be playing VFL or a part game is astonishing IMO.
Dunstan from Stkilda has played all games and continues to be prominent......I dont expect Cripps to be starring but I do expect a young bloke of 18 to be able to play more than 3 games of football in a row at some level.

I suppose he had all of the pre-season off?