Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2019, 09:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??  (Read 295418 times)

Offline Jack Burton

• VFL Player
Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??
« Reply #2070 on: March 15, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
I was in Delhi for game 5 (now in Chennai). Couldn't get tickets unfortunately but watched the game in a bar with a lot of very unhappy Indians. The papers here the next day had big reports about lots of fighting among fans leaving the ground, almost sounded like a riot. Betting that wasn't reported in Australia?

Offline Sexybronco

• Rookie List
« Reply #2071 on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
I was in Delhi for game 5 (now in Chennai). Couldn't get tickets unfortunately but watched the game in a bar with a lot of very unhappy Indians. The papers here the next day had big reports about lots of fighting among fans leaving the ground, almost sounded like a riot. Betting that wasn't reported in Australia?

Nope but not surprising given how passionate they are about their cricket. To win a 5 game series in India from 2 games down is a huge achievement and even more so given where the team has come from in the last 12 months.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Online Professer E

• Brownlow Medallist
« Reply #2072 on: March 15, 2019, 04:11:36 PM »
They can't win the WC without Dhoni.  Problem is that there isn't a ground in India big enough for all those egos...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Offline Milhanna13

• Under 18 State Team
« Reply #2073 on: March 18, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »

I doubt any batting or bowling in India or Dubai will be very relevant to the UK or Wales.
[/quote]

Not sure about that - England now play 2 spinners (plus JERoot) at all times.... and their bats like the spinners.   Look for most of the wickets (aside from Headingly etc) to turn....

Offline LP

• Hall Of Fame
  • Cold Blue Steel
« Reply #2074 on: March 18, 2019, 04:01:57 PM »

I doubt any batting or bowling in India or Dubai will be very relevant to the UK or Wales.

Not sure about that - England now play 2 spinners (plus JERoot) at all times.... and their bats like the spinners.   Look for most of the wickets (aside from Headingly etc) to turn....

I think it's fair to question the relevance, the UK's worst pitch will look lush compared to most subcontinent tracks. The ball will last longer and stay in better condition throughout the innings, the bounce of the pitches is significantly different even if they turn square, and the UK curators won't throw out considerations for the likes of an Anderson just to make life easier for a Root!
The Force Awakens!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 262652
  • Total Topics: 3685
  • Online Today: 257
  • Online Ever: 698
  • (November 25, 2018, 09:26:52 PM)
Users Online