Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59954 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #90
If we give effort then we can come close....Geelong are not as good as they were and can be beaten, Selwood has got them over the line in recent games and surely we must have learned something about how to reduce his impact on the game.
We also need to stop kicking it to Harry Taylor, we do the same thing with Cale Hooker, bomb the footy and give them easy marks across half back, drag these players away from the footy.......bit of planning /effort and its game on....

Reply #91
If we give effort then we can come close....Geelong are not as good as they were and can be beaten, Selwood has got them over the line in recent games and surely we must have learned something about how to reduced his impact on the game.
We also need to stop kicking it to Harry Taylor, we do the same thing with Cale Hooker, bomb the footy and give them easy marks across half back, drag thrse players away from the footy.......bit of planning /effort and its game on....

errrr... problem there Elwood! :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #92
errrr... problem there Elwood! :o

I was there during the good times Phanto so I still have hope we can get some effort because our club always had fight when it was back to the wall stuff...often its the kids who show the way and drag the senior players along. Surely this mob have some pride and can lift for each other, its often said that soldiers in battle dont fight for the country, flag etc but they do it for their mate standing next to them in the trenches, cos he is all you have to rely on...I know they had Ben Roberts talk to them with little effect it seems but these blokes have to have some bond/comradeship that means something...
If they dont then I give up :-[ :(

Reply #93
I was there during the good times Phanto so I still have hope we can get some effort because our club always had fight when it was back to the wall stuff...often its the kids who show the way and drag the senior players along. Surely this mob have some pride and can lift for each other, its often said that soldiers in battle dont fight for the country, flag etc but they do it for their mate standing next to them in the trenches, cos he is all you have to rely on...I know they had Ben Roberts talk to them with little effect it seems but these blokes have to have some bond/comradeship that means something...
If they dont then I give up :-[ :(

We are all on our last tethers with hope, care and time Elwood.
i think the last straw has been broken for many if not all of us long ago but as passionate supporters (or gullible) we hang on the belief or hope that this might be the game or this might be the year or this might be the coach.
I mean how much more crap do we as supporters..no PAYING members have to swallow. We all don't mind losing but it is how we are losing that is doing our heads in.
They all talk the talk but when it's their time to go they can't walk the walk and many players are being found out and found out often, not just in the odd game.
Give us passion, you are paid exorbitant amounts of money to play the game you supposedly love, if don't care about the jumper at least act like you care because you are on actors wages.
What will it take for this all to turn around...how long is a piece of string because at the moments most of our players (not all) are about as useful as a one legged man in a arse kicking contest. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #94
What will it take for this all to turn around...how long is a piece of string because at the moments most of our players (not all) are about as useful as a one legged man in a arse kicking contest. ::)

We've been drafting duds and trading draft picks for duds for well over a decade and now the chickens have come home to roost.
It wouldn't matter how much passion the players showed because too many of them simply lack the ability to compete at the top level.
Our list is a basket case, it will take years to rebuild it and even then there's no guarantee we won't keep making the same mistakes.
We all feel robbed, I got my first CFC membership in 1964 and camped overnight outside Princes Park for tickets to the 1968 grand final, it's very hard to come to terms with how far we've fallen..
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #95
We've been drafting duds and trading draft picks for duds for well over a decade and now the chickens have come home to roost.
It wouldn't matter how much passion the players showed because too many of them simply lack the ability to compete at the top level.
Our list is a basket case, it will take years to rebuild it and even then there's no guarantee we won't keep making the same mistakes.
We all feel robbed, I got my first CFC membership in 1964 and camped overnight outside Princes Park for tickets to the 1968 grand final, it's very hard to come to terms with how far we've fallen..

the poverty of the list is over stated.

I know I said yesterday that SOS has to be 10/10 for us to be good again but it doesn't excuse the performances that we are seeing.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #96
cimm1979 makes a strong point. While our list is not the best in the league, our weak performances are not an excuse on what quality we may have. Bottom of the ladder is not where we would be if we gave an effort to win for 4 quarters. The efforts are not what is expected from a club trying to win a game. Its what we have seen in the past from sides that sit on the bottom of the ladder.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #97
In: Dylan Buckley, Kade Simpson, Liam Jones, Patrick Cripps

Out: Matthew Dick (Omitted), Matthew Watson (Omitted), Kristian Jaksch (Omitted), David Ellard (Omitted)

Reply #98
Armfield for Graham would have been nice...........

Reply #99

Out: Matthew Dick (Omitted), Matthew Watson (Omitted), Kristian Jaksch (Omitted), David Ellard (Omitted)

OMG, seriously just fk off already Malthouse.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #100

All four inclusions are much faster than the players they are replacing  :)

Reply #101
Get him away from our club already could we? Could someone just please show some sanity at our club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
dick and jaesch need to stay

Reply #103
Tomorrow night is going to be ugly, can't believe they give Watson just over a half in a match where the ball never came up there. What statement does that say, then bring back Jones?????