Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 44647 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: After Game Thread v Crows

Reply #60
I agree too slow and can't run hard all day like he used to. But he is still pretty damn good in the clinches.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
Like Brock in his last few seasons he offers enough to be a need, but the kids will eventually push him out. Which is a good thing for the club if a senior great is being challenged for his place in the side by a younger player. Carrazzo will always be remembered for his work rate, and a will for a contest. Just like Simpson.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
Today we probably saw the end of a champion. I don't think Juddy will play on after missing a year. I hope I am wrong, but I fear otherwise. It really did ruin a day that could have been so much better. In fact, it was probably the difference in the teams at the end. Tutt was OK when he came on, but he was no Judd. Judd was beating Dangerfield and would probably have continued to do so.

What cannot be cured must be endured and we will have to endure Judd on the sidelines. Hopefully one of the rookies can step up and make a mark in hid absence.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #63
But we need to build for the future JK, and Menzel is a part of that, Army isn't. That's my take on it. Menz gives us that extra tough of class, he will get better with more gametime.

I respect what your saying Carrots and I don't disagree but Army busts his gut out there and I'm not too sure what sort of message that would send to the playing group. Also can someone enlighten me as to what Menzels role was today. We needed a dangerous small forward when the boys were bombing it in to Levi and Kreuze. We needed Menzel capitalizing on the crumb but he was never in the vicinity.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #64
I agree too slow and can't run hard all day like he used to. But he is still pretty damn good in the clinches.

He's no fool, hence the public announcement of his desire to join the umpiring fraternity.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #65

He is retiring at the end of this season - fact !! 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #66
He is retiring at the end of this season - fact !!

Which is why if I have Gibbs, Yarran, Jamison and Thomas to come back, I'm dropping Tutt, Army, Carrots and White.  White played well today, but he's not the KPP we need.

By the way Wood is no champion but with Krooz offering support, Wood is a far better option than Warnock (who should be offloaded at the end of the year).

Reply #67
Which is why if I have Gibbs, Yarran, Jamison and Thomas to come back, I'm dropping Tutt, Army, Carrots and White.  White played well today, but he's not the KPP we need.

By the way Wood is no champion but with Krooz offering support, Wood is a far better option than Warnock (who should be offloaded at the end of the year).

Thomas is finished. ...keep him in the reserves for the rest of his contract
jamison is finished ...his shoulders are gone.....keep him in the reserves for the rest of his contract
carrozzo is finished at years end
armfield is finished
yarran is trade material
gibbs is trade material
warnock is finished
white is depth for the reserves until we build the list up

Reply #68
But we need to build for the future JK, and Menzel is a part of that, Army isn't. That's my take on it. Menz gives us that extra tough of class, he will get better with more gametime.

Love Armfield's passion and endeavour as a forward and he plays with heart, something we have lacked this year - defence is too much of a risk. I'd retain him.

Walker on the other hand is really having a poor year and his disposal is deplorable at the moment.

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread

Reply #70
The quick movement of the ball by hand from defence really stood out today, as did the licence that the coah has given the players to take the game on. Armfield, Buckley, Cripps, Murphy, Simpson were great at this today.

Henderson hands were back today and I loved Casboult's game, with the exception of the kick on the full on the run and the smother in the goal square.

Good to see Kreuzer make an impact, because that didnt look very likely in the 2s last week.

Great day at the football.

Reply #71
Love Armfield's passion and endeavour as a forward and he plays with heart, something we have lacked this year - defence is too much of a risk. I'd retain him.

Walker on the other hand is really having a poor year and his disposal is deplorable at the moment.
+1
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
The first thing I noticed re today's game was the attitude of the boys. We took risks. It's been a long time since I've seen our players CONFIDENT to risk.

Today we attacked... It's been a long time since I've seen our players CONFIDENT to attack.

Like many I am perplexed as to how our boys can play so devoid of confidence under the universe's greatest ever coach for the past 2 + years, yet finally display BlueBagger boldness and risk under a rookie coach????.

Forget the bullsheissen in relation to the week 1 artificial spike under the new coach... Today our blokes in week 2 under JB, displayed an attitude that said, thank f*ck I can now enjoy playing footy."

Really, I mean really, when was the last time you saw our blokes be involved and competitive for 4 continuous quarters?

Be honest, how many were waiting for us to fold and Adelaide to take over and bury us at various stages throughout the game? How many were amazed we reeled in a deficit and hit the front... in this season!

Folks, today I do not care that we won or lost. Today I saw a glimpse of the BlueBagger spirit for 4 quarters.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #73
The first thing I noticed re today's game was the attitude of the boys. We took risks. It's been a long time since I've seen our players CONFIDENT to risk.

Today we attacked... It's been a long time since I've seen our players CONFIDENT to attack.

Like many I am perplexed as to how our boys can play so devoid of confidence under the universe's greatest ever coach for the past 2 + years, yet finally display BlueBagger boldness and risk under a rookie coach????.

Forget the bullsheissen in relation to the week 1 artificial spike under the new coach... Today our blokes in week 2 under JB, displayed an attitude that said, thank f*ck I can now enjoy playing footy."

Really, I mean really, when was the last time you saw our blokes be involved and competitive for 4 continuous quarters?

Be honest, how many were waiting for us to fold and Adelaide to take over and bury us at various stages throughout the game? How many were amazed we reeled in a deficit and hit the front... in this season!

Folks, today I do not care that we won or lost. Today I saw a glimpse of the BlueBagger spirit for 4 quarters.

Yep...today you could watch the football and enjoy it...the players looked like they were enjoying playing  and the fun was back, they knew they were in the game and could play with freedom.
Playing with freedom was great for the confidence and the skills which have been eroded through the defensive/negative tactics of the previous coach were starting to come back..might take a few weeks but the players will re -learn the skills needed to match the more attacking free running style..
Its more of a return to the Ratten era....what we need though is a balance somewhere  in between but I would rather a full attacking style than a full defensive approach like we had under Mick..

Reply #74

Round 16 2014 ;)

While we were all pleased to see the improved effort today it has to be remembered that our back half of last season wasn't too bad.
On the basis of that it's the first half of this season that's inexplicable.
Yes there were definite differences and improvements today but it's not form that is in our long ago past.

Rattenesque maybe....

I suspect our style of play today is more in line with those latter matches of 2014 than our first half of 2015