Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications (Read 36221 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications

Reply #45
I'd pick Wood tonight and run Kreuzer with Roughead all game, covering him when he ruck/follows or goes forward.  Wood can do the other tucking against Hale, Ceglar, Macavoy etc.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
Interesting barker has said he's trying to implement a 'modern' gameplan. The backhanders just keep on coming for Mick.

bahaha :))
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #47
I suspect we're tanking; Liam Jones is back  ::)

Backs   43. Simon White   17. Sam Rowe   40. Michael Jamison
Half-backs   13. Chris Yarran   42. Zach Tuohy   7. Dylan Buckley
Centreline   6. Kade Simpson   3. Marc Murphy (C)   15. Sam Docherty
Half-forwards   2. Troy Menzel   28. Tom Bell   22. Jason Tutt
Forwards   41. Levi Casboult   23. Lachie Henderson   33. Andrejs Everitt
Followers   8. Matthew Kreuzer   9. Patrick Cripps   35. Ed Curnow
Interchange   12. Blaine Boekhorst   14. Liam Jones   20. Nick Holman
    34. Brad Walsh       
Emergencies   18. Kristian Jaksch   30. Blaine Johnson   24. Mark Whiley
In: Jones, Boekhorst

Out: Carrazzo (foot), Fields (omitted)

I really can't see how Jones could get a game ahead of Jaksch, but then I couldn't see why we added to him to our list either.

I would have kept Fields in the side ahead of Tutt too.  The latter is an honest trier but he really lacks awareness an dis going to brushed aside by the Hawks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
I really can't see how Jones could get a game ahead of Jaksch, but then I couldn't see why we added to him to our list either.

Pick 7 for Jaksch is shaping up as our worst trade in more than a decade.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
OMG Everitt stays.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50

How the hell can you tell that at this stage. He's still a year or two from getting there, being a big bloke, and the club said that over summer.

Reply #51
WTF is Jones doing in the side. Jaksch has had some good weeks with the NB's and shoed he's right for as run, why isn't he playing. He could go forward thus send Henderson back to defence. Team selection is astounding at times.

Reply #52
How the hell can you tell that at this stage. He's still a year or two from getting there, being a big bloke, and the club said that over summer.

I think Jaksch will go okay but I'd rather have kept pick 7.

Reply #53
OMG Everitt stays.

OMG he's kicked at least 1 goal in our last 7 matches - kicked 12 goals in those games 18 goals for the year....and he was playing down back.

Only 1 player has kicked more goals than him over that period, and more goals for the year. That is Casboult (13 from last 7 and 20 for the year).

Not sure why Everitt is being singled out now.

Reply #54
OMG he's kicked at least 1 goal in our last 7 matches - kicked 12 goals in those games 18 goals for the year....and he was playing down back.

Only 1 player has kicked more goals than him over that period, and more goals for the year. That is Casboult (13 from last 7 and 20 for the year).

Not sure why Everitt is being singled out now.

His pathetic defensive efforts over the last two games. Has been atrocious. Should not get a game this week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
Hawks are going to go in dry .
Pray for the Blue boys...

Reply #56
Not sure how Walsh kept his position either TBH.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57

I meant Jones B4L.  I reckon Jaksch has a future with us.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
Tanks for nothing...
The Libb a vibe is back...

Reply #59
His pathetic defensive efforts over the last two games. Has been atrocious. Should not get a game this week.

Yep, if the club wanted to make a stand against p1ss weak efforts they'd make an example out of Everitt.