Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 426203 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1605
I agree about the 40 pages of meaningless banter.

If the democrats had come up with a realistic candidate they would have crap it in.

But, Hilary Clinton ???????.

Bloody hell.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1606
40 pages on meaningless banter from people that have opposing views on political appointments, differing policy, choice of leaders, senates, congress, terrorism, evening the meaning of terrorism.
The effeminacy of discourse that people here think you have a choice nauseates me. England votes today and if you're British, from Britain, i feel sorry for the choices put in front of you, as it seems, sooner rather than later, the west is going to have to bail you out for a 3rd time.
We live in Low trust societies perpetuated by ideals of malfeasance to protect career criminals in maintaining control through their support funding. What will evolve, will ultimately not be shaped or changed by  political computer aficionados, otherwise know as "hackers"  or hacks. It will be changed by people in the street and currently , they are running amok in Britain

I'll have you know that when I contributed to this thread I was drinking tea from a very manly and dirty cup, wearing hessian undies and undergoing dental surgery without anaesthetic. No effeminacy here...  ;) ;) ...spit... growl... ;D :P
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1607
I agree about the 40 pages of meaningless banter.

If the democrats had come up with a realistic candidate they would have crap it in.

But, Hilary Clinton ???????.

Bloody hell.

Even then she got 3 million more votes.

Reply #1609
Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed the anti-terror raids in Melbourne this morning are connected to the Brighton siege on Monday.

"A number of warrants are bing executed in Melbourne as we speak," he told Sky News.

"We are obviously limited in what we can say. We don't want to put any of our operational staff in harm's way."

He said the raids were in "connection with the terrible, tragic events of Monday in Brighton".

The Premier is in Hobart for a COAG meeting between the states and the federal government. Tighter parole laws have been flagged for discussion at the meeting.

"Terror is not half a world away, there are very real threats in communities right across our nation," he said.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1610
I'll have you know that when I contributed to this thread I was drinking tea from a very manly and dirty cup, wearing hessian undies and undergoing dental surgery without anaesthetic. No effeminacy here...  ;) ;) ...spit... growl... ;D :P

Exactly, I'm a lumberjack...............and I'm OK!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1611
No wonder the U.K. gave us Monty Python ;D

The practice of lining up the candidates behind the returning officer when s/he announces the results is surreal.

Jeremy Corbyn gave his victory speech with the candidate from the Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate shown by the camera over Corbyn's left shoulder - a guy who looked like Billy Connolly in a big top hat with a big yellow hatband.

Teresa May shared the stage with Lord Buckethead, an Intergalactic Space Lord, who wore a very tall hat which went right down to his shoulders and covered his face, a man in an Elmo costume, and the Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate in a white cowboy outfit.  Another candidate complimented Mr Fishfinger on his campaign, a guy who was standing just behind him in a fishfinger costume.

Very bizarre  ;D

Reply #1612
Exactly, I'm a lumberjack...............and I'm OK!
:)) :)) :)) Glad you're okay Spotted One... I was about to ask... ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1613
Interesting result in Britain following the French election.
Has Trump been doing a bit of a service to a more moderate way of thinking with his antics?

Would the Brexit result be the same today?
The UKIP party copped a walloping

Reply #1614
It was interesting a few parties were slaughtered today. SNP lost a third of their seats (21) , Lib Dem got some back, 2 NI parties (UUP & DSLP) lost all their seats in Ireland, so now there are 2 parties with 17 seats there and 1 independent.

I think the Conservatives will run a minority government rather than go back to the polls. It could have been much much worse May's team if they had not picked up so many seats in Scotland, as they lost about 25 seats I believe in England, but Scotland helped ease that pain.

What I find so strange is the Labour party whooping it up, calling for May to resign (which I think she likely will, as this was a big error by her), acting like they had one. I can't see it likely that they are going to get the seats to run the government especially as the Lib Dem have ruled out a coalition with either party.

I will be very surprised if May is still the PM in about 12 hours time.

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1615
I don't think bode well for the UK, the nutters will be a chance to get control by having minorities wield the balance of power.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1616
So she has stated she will form a government with the DUP, which was another the only other realistic option on the cards, but it weakens their position considerably. I still think she is going to find herself under immense pressure from her colleagues who have woken up to a new world and finding themselves why they unnecessarily went to the polls at this time.

May thought she had a position of strength and was confident the time was right, Corbyn was not well liked and ex-labour politicians felt he was not electable. So she considered this a good time to grab a bigger mandate and that it would be a walk in the park.

Her arrogance means she reaped what what she sowed. They fell 8 short of an absolute majority, but in reality it was actually more like 4 short because Sinn Fein never take their seats in the House of Commons and had stated again before this election that they would not take their seats "regardless of the arithmetic", taken to mean that even if they had a chance to form or a coalition (reasonably sure that absolutely no party would in any case) or to ensure voting against all proposals to ensure they were blocked they would not be taking part. Of course it is important to remember that Sinn Fein is the IRA in suits.

Well it looks like she will last her 12 hours, but it will be interesting to see how long she actually does last. I did read if she does go she will be the shortest serving PM for 94 years, so at least she has that legacy to fall back on  :)

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1617
No doubt most of us have had the experience of dealing with a kid who just can't be told. "Don't touch that" seems to confer on that object a magnetic force which draws the hand irresistibly towards it. 

Trump is that kid.  Washington is now agog at rumours that Trump wants to sack the special prosecutor, Mueller, who is investigating, among other things, whether Trump obstructed justice by sacking Comey who was in turn investigating Trump's associates. One of his friends has revealed that he has warned Trump this would be a mistake.  This while there seems to be a campaign led by GOP politicians and figures, such as Rush Limbaugh, to discredit Mueller and his investigation.

Trump can't sack Mueller directly.  But he can order the Attorney-General to do so.  Jeff Sessions, however, has recused himself from anything involving the Russia investigation.  That didn't stop him from getting involved in sacking Comey, but sacking Mueller would make his recusal a massive joke.  If he does defer to the Deputy A/G, Rob Rosenstein, Rosenstein may refuse to obey Trump's order or, more likely, he would resign rather than obey it.  The next in line would then face the same decision.

This could create another comparison to Watergate as Nixon's order to sack the Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox led to "The Saturday Night Massacre" in which a string of A/G figures resigned. 

I'm sure many people have pleaded with Trump to let the investigation go.  After all, it may well determine that Trump isn't guilty of anything.  But like the impulsive kid who is told to stay away, that advice seems to impel him to do it anyway.

Reply #1618
Looks like that was a trial balloon and as it was shot down under heavy fire Sarah Huckabee-Sanders says that Trump isn't intending to fire Mueller.  No comment regarding whether he has been considering it recently.

No doubt the Deputy A/G's testimony before Congress that he would not obey any order to sack Mueller unless good cause could be proven would have helped Trump make up his mind.

One theory is that his friend floated the trial balloon on his own initiative (as he claims was the case) to show Trump that he would be in for a world of trouble if he did pull another Comey-like surprise.  He tends to shoot first and then ask questions later.  This way, all the questions were asked and answered before he pulled the trigger.

Reply #1619
Big news event - a 66 yo white guy shot 5 at a GOP baseball practice in Virginia.  He was armed with a semi-automatic rifle.

The GOP House Whip is in critical condition.

Thankfully, the shooter wasn't a Muslim. That wasn't the case, but the shooter was a rabid Bernie Sanders supporter who hated not only Trump and the GOP but also Hillary Clinton. 

One of Trump's sons tweeted that the blame lay with  Kathy Griffen and a NY theatre rendition of Julius Caesar in which Trump is used In the title role.  He was immediately attacked for trying to politicise an attack against GOP representatives rather than Trump.

Trump will be met with accusations of hypocrisy if he complains that anti-Trump rhetoric might cause nutters to attempt political assassinations.  When he was invited to speak at an NRA rally during the campaign, he warned that Clinton would appoint Supreme Court Judges who would take away their guns.  He told them that if she won the election, no one could stop her.  He then went on and snidely suggested that maybe "2nd-amendment people could stop her".  He was condemned for floating what appeared to be assassination as a remedy.

There is also the case of the shooter who stormed a Pizza parlour armed with an assault rifle after he swallowed the fake news from far right online media that a paedophile ring linked to Clinton held abused kids in its basement.  He fired a shot in the crowded pizza shop and demanded to see the basement.  He then discovered there was no basement at all.  He's being sentenced shortly and the prosecution is seeking a 45 year sentence.

Then there was the case of Gabby Giffords, a Democrat congresswoman who was shot in the head at a public event after the GOP ran ads which put a target on her.  The GOP denied that those ads had anything to do with the assassination attempt.

Remember also that a British Labour MP and advocate of Britain remaining in the EU was assassinated during the Brexit campaign.

No doubt any attack on politicians should be roundly condemned by all.  As should be any attempt to politicise those attacks.  I hope Trump won't repeat his son's mistake.