Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 94968 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #270
Gameplan: how many times did the players force themselves to stop going the inside option, look up and have to WAIT for options along the boundary, before kicking Hail Marys to a Ready Bombers defence. I understand that the coach has a plan, but FFS the trust has to go both ways that if a player sees an opportunity to go inside that he should have license and clearance to do so. It kills me to see any of our player's natural instincts dulled down for the sake of a gameplan when we KNOW we do not have the cattle. Might as well go full out attack next week. Hell, at least it won't be dull.

Entire post was great Woodstock. Spot on. This ^^^ particularly resonates. Definitely seems to be a dislocation between what MM wants and what the players are capable of (or want).  No wonder he goes so ballistic when Eddie, et al., try and do the cute instead of the team thing.  Guess it took Lyon 18 months to get the Freo players singing from the same hymn sheet but, gee whizz, no comparison between the lists when it comes to talent.

Might have to get myself to that AGM. Still not sure what my voting rights are or whether en masse we can wield much influence.

Someone on another forum stated they'd heard that Luke Sayers didn't want the top job because of career commitments at PwC. That's disappointing as I reckon he's the success oriented, driven type of individual we need at the helm.  But if that's the truth behind his reasoning then I'd say "feck off".  Being on the board at Carlton is not supposed to be a hobby or a gig you use to tart up your resume.  In fact, that sort of attitude (if true) simply mirrors the on field malaise we witness from most of the players every other week - i.e. "it's all too hard".

Actually the guy bleeds Blue and openly admitted he could not commit to the job as much as he would want to. CEO rolls typically last four years, hence he is about half way through the gig. He's got the jib though, I've seem him in action at a PwC Roadshow. Was impressed.
Keep the Faith

Reply #271
Fair enough Big Jack.

Then I ask the Question again. Why pay out Ratts at $900k or whatever and bring in mick for $3 mill if we fundamentally can't improve the players we have. Seems like a waste of money... no?

Ratts was going nowhere but south, game plan flawed. We were too often on the wrong side of one sided smashings.
Pay him out, was the right thing to do. We were dating the wrong girl, don't be upset if she doesn't rock your world, move on.

There was not enough time to analyse and make judgement on Ratten's playing list at the changing of the battens.
Mick only had from early November due to his previous employment contracts (if memory serves correct) to review, there was not enough time to see who can and who can't. He certainly couldn't rely on others to make the decisions or take advice from, you only had to look at the list to see it aint going anywhere..

Different story at the end of 2013, I would hope, expect up to 9 to 12 plus delistings/trades, with some so called big CARLTON names to be dangled like a carrot come trade time. This free wheeling ego driven Metro Gen Y pretty boy club needs do harden the F*** up.

Shake up with the brainless assistants and fitness is also going to happen.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #272
Our list is now light-years behind about 10 other lists (and that's being conservative). Whether it was Mick not doing his homework or the Club powers-that-be at their spin-talk best, but Mick arrives at the Club & suddenly, due to so many chumps on cushy contracts, is totally & utterly hamstrung in what he could & couldn't do with the list.....the status quo remained & now look at us, another year wasted carrying all the usual suspects....and we fall behind, yet again, as teams all around us unearth future 200 gamers, as we go another year without even the hint of a NAB Rising Star nomination.

The list stinks, 'cos the Club over-rated too many on it & that's without even touching on our recent train-wreck draft selections. With so many chumps now able to be offloaded, Mick gets one almighty shot in this off-season to at least set this list onto a corrected course.....so don't fcuk it up!!!

After castigating the playing list for so many years and getting torn to shreds because of it, to read so many posters now acknowledging that that the list is full of sub-standard players has near bought a tear to my eye !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #273
Henderson and Waite. The only swingmen in history who don't swing.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #274
Our list is now light-years behind about 10 other lists (and that's being conservative). Whether it was Mick not doing his homework or the Club powers-that-be at their spin-talk best, but Mick arrives at the Club & suddenly, due to so many chumps on cushy contracts, is totally & utterly hamstrung in what he could & couldn't do with the list.....the status quo remained & now look at us, another year wasted carrying all the usual suspects....and we fall behind, yet again, as teams all around us unearth future 200 gamers, as we go another year without even the hint of a NAB Rising Star nomination.

The list stinks, 'cos the Club over-rated too many on it & that's without even touching on our recent train-wreck draft selections. With so many chumps now able to be offloaded, Mick gets one almighty shot in this off-season to at least set this list onto a corrected course.....so don't fcuk it up!!!

After castigating the playing list for so many years and getting torn to shreds because of it, to read so many posters now acknowledging that that the list is full of sub-standard players has near bought a tear to my eye !!

I just look at the other clubs and how they've developed(some have passed us) and some of the ones we laughed at, are now nipping on the heels
still pissed still raged not looking forward to work tomorrow
FK you cfc

Reply #275
FMD, 9 times this year we have had to activate the sub in the first or second qtrs (4 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd) and we have lost all 9 games.

THIS...THIS...THIS SAYS SO VERY MUCH^^^^^. THIS is an incredibly important post. How many other sides suffer the same yet dig deep and win against the odds???????? If our club has a psychologist - sack him/her.

If you look up the word 'fragile' in the dictionary, there is a photo of the (once) Mighty CFC.

Bravo, CTC.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #276
A part of me likes that results like this happen (& dogs, saints, etc) because it reiterates just how poor our list and finals prospects are. We are mediocre! No sugar coating can change that. I hope the off season is brutal because we could be a decade plus away from premiership glory if we keep treading water like this. We've lost our edge and ruthlessness and have accepted mediocrity

Reply #277

Brother Sheik....Some of the blind faithfull wearing navy blue sunglasses and sitting behind the lady with the big hat(borrowing a line from my old mate Java Blue)still refuse to accept the list is substandard and want to blame all our woes on Mick Malthouse and hail Brett Ratten as a supercoach.....it was the latter who presided over the mess we have now and allowed the recruiting/list management to reach new levels of mediocrity...yep Chris Judd summed it up well ....a mediocre list.
You and I know its another rebuild from scratch or a miracle fix without bottoming out, and with experienced players along the lines of what the Swans might be able to recruit and weld into a fighting unit ....big ask for any coach to make the latter happen especially with a recruiting department that is clueless.......

Reply #278
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/RIiNEFUL3bo&feature=youtu.be[/flash]
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #279
Easy to have a go at supporters who backed him and didn't back him....blah blah.
Fact is, we are minnows as supporters, almost lemmings  according to the marketing dept - to use a vernacular - sold a size 8 girl 21 and DD and what is ...well vastly different (use your imagination)
If the club told me and all of you - its going to be hard, we're developing, probably wont play finals, but stick with us, we need you- it would be somewhat unfair to have a go at the CFC.
We were lied to - at worst, definitively misled. They have heads in that club paid copious amounts of money for some very average output -
I like what I heard from Bredan McCartney recently, he said we're developing, and when we get there, it'll be sustained. I haven't heard any talk like that at CFC 

Reply #280
I attempted to get us to address the fact that we have been irrelevant since 1995 (with my subject of this CFC being the worst in our modern history... and today remain even moreson) some weeks ago.

We trained in-doors two weeks ago because it was raining. I wonder how often the Fluffy Ducks, Pussy Cats, D1ckers, Dawks and even Rottingwood do the same?

Have our mega sophisticated ammenities softened our girls? Have we bred a culture of status and sophistication that dislikes getting dirty hands? Have we become the club to go to for lots of loot and really classy facilities? I believe we even use our facilities to entice blokes to come to our club... oh, yes, come to 'cushy.com.' You get these really cool things to help you recover... and free gel for your hair!!!

Reply #281
I attempted to get us to address the fact that we have been irrelevant since 1995 (with my subject of this CFC being the worst in our modern history... and today remain even moreson) some weeks ago.

We trained in-doors two weeks ago because it was raining. I wonder how often the Fluffy Ducks, Pussy Cats, D1ckers, Dawks and even Rottingwood do the same?

Have our mega sophisticated ammenities softened our girls? Have we bred a culture of status and sophistication that dislikes getting dirty hands? Have we become the club to go to for lots of loot and really classy facilities? I believe we even use our facilities to entice blokes to come to our club... oh, yes, come to 'cushy.com.' You get these really cool things to help you recover... and free gel for your hair!!!

And don't forget the heated toilets!  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #282

And don't forget the heated toilets!  ::)

or the camera room that sees the injuries before they come.
(why did walker miss the game again?)

Reply #283
Our training facilities now rule the club. Seems our blokes would rather be in with the training facilities than out on the ground... and what would be the result of that? Just look at the ladder.

Reply #284
Thanks for a ba$tard of a weekend CFC. Like many others - but this one hurt the most
go and FK urselves.
i'm giving my money to a charity that needs it next year. No More money from me EVER!
You owe me big time. FK ur sanctimonious stick with us BS. Been listening to that crape for 10 years.
Go FK urself sticks and your 2 premierships before 2015. useless cnt. U were a stand in prez at best, now fk off.
3/4 of the board, go back to your daddies, the CFC supporters doesn't need you.